School / Kindergarten In Nakhon Sawan

Hssl

After looking at 3 kindergarten's for the 2 year old in Nakhon Sawan I'm getting a bit frustrated! All 3 seemed like dumping grounds for toddlers, very little stimulation and next to no English being taught.

My 7 year old is at La Salle school in Nakhon Sawan and the English language program is pretty poor!

​Looking for both Kindergarten & primary school options in Nakhon Sawan that teach English language so the children can actually speak, read, write and understand English rather than the 'parrot fashion' method at La Salle.

Unfortunately most kindergarten teachers in Thailand speak little or no English.

My son is now 7 and he has been to 3 schools in the last 3 years up Near Khampaeng Phet and each school was a bit better every time.

Currently he gets picked up just after 6 am in a minibus and is taken 65 km to Khampaeng Phet where he is in the Anuban school.

He returns around 6 pm.

We enrolled him there as they are running an English language programme which actually has English teachers and the subjects are English Languge, Conversation, Maths, Science and computer studies.

There are only 23 children in the class as most parents either can't or won't pay extra for it.

We do because we think he is worth it.

Looking on map of Nakhon Sawan, there is only one kindergarten shown, but know no more than that it is in road leading west of Asia Highway just after the 117 ( Pitsanoluk turn) the road is called Wilai Klang Road and it is down there on the right hand side about 800kms.

I do have a English friend who teaches in a school south of the river, I dont know if he can advise you but I suspect the truth here is the kindergarten is somewhere to leave the kids and any English teaching is purely accidental. I will be in Big C on saturday morning from about 10-1230 if that is any help, I can bring you the map.

KPP seems to have a lot more kindergartens even though it has an ageing population, very strange unless of course they are becoming children again! They do still retain their English, in a thespian way.

Edited by nong38

So far the better options seem to be

'The Best Nursery' and then Yuwapat Elementary for the 2 year old, she can start Yuwapat @ 3 1/2 years, My 7 year old can start at Yuwapat in May.

At Yuwapat kids can start at 3 1/2 and go till 12 years old. Spoke to couple of children attending Yuwapat - They speak great English and said they enjoy the school.

Going to have a look at Yuwapat later today.

I'm sorry to inform you that it's pretty much like that all over Thailand, no matter how much you pay. One of the reason's why English is so pore here.

It seems that the English teaching was clearly very "pore" where you learnt (learned) it, as well!!!!

I'm sorry to inform you that it's pretty much like that all over Thailand, no matter how much you pay. One of the reason's why English is so pore here.

It seems that the English teaching was clearly very "pore" where you learnt (learned) it, as well!!!!

Dont chastise the Leader of the Pack, he is from a celebrated area of East London and only missed OBE by a whisker, the cat got it!

Off subject.

Sorry for the late reply but only just spotted your post. It reminded me of a parable in the Bible, The one where a man spent all his time looking for speck's of wood dust in other peep's eye's when he had a hole plank in his own. Having a chum like you must make the long winter night's just fly by.

H/M.K.P.P.

Edited by fredob43