Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

Thai wife visa reject threatens to kill herself

by Andrew Drummond

kanokratdemo01.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Angry demonstrators rallied outside the British Embassy today as a Thai woman married to a retired Scottish kilt-maker threatened to kill herself outside the mission on St. Valentine’s Day.

Supporters gathered around Kanokrat Booth, 42, waving banners saying ‘Stop Judging Thai People’ and ‘Marriage is not a love service and needs no probation’ after Mrs. Booth was again turned down for entry to Britain to fight human rights and divorce cases.

Kanokrat Booth was arrested and deported when she arrived at Glasgow airport in May 2010. Her husband Denis Booth, 67, a retired kilt maker from Galashiels, had tipped of the U.K. Border Agency to say that his Thai wife had deserted him and had another lover.

Mrs. Booth, a former woman’s magazine editor and daily newspaper reporter, denied the allegations and an Immigration Tribunal and an Immigration Appeals Tribunal ruled that the U.K.B.A, had acted unlawfully and that the couple were legally married.

But this month despite the Immigration Tribunal rulings and an acceptance of her case by the European Court of Human Rights the Border Agency refused her visa again. She had applied for a spouse visa, but the U.K.B.A said as she had no intention of living with her spouse her application was not valid.

Said Mrs.Booth: “The UK is killing me by their laws. My life is already dead. All I want to do is fight my divorce and my human rights cases in Britain. When I have finished the authorities can stamp my passport red and say I am a person they do not want. I do not want to stay in the U.K. I love Thailand. [more...]

Full story: http://andrew-drummo...ory.php?sid=504

-- andrew-drummond.com 2012-02-03

footer_n.gif

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man surely she can get there and do what she needs to on a tourist visa??? can't believe they'd deny her that unless she's breached or misled them in the past.

There was a small problem relating to drugs. Also on the form it asks have you ever been refused a visa for the UK in the last 10 years, surely she will say "Yes" and it will flash up on the computer, if she says "no" then that is a ban for giving false information.

This came up some time ago and it is just a continuation on the same theme.

She is just smart enough to cause trouble,

but not smart enough, or too smarting from loss of face to just drop it

and walk away with a modest settlement.

She just can't understand that she has to call it a day,

and clearly has some advisor / lawyer hoping for a cut of the profits,

telling her to fight it to the last dregs of common sense.

The same attitude that makes her fight UK right into the EU courts

is likely the same reason he wants nothing more to do with her;

a right total pain in the arse, who is showing her true colors;

give me, and my lawyer, more money, and we go away,

if not....

Sure this is reading between the lines, but the lines kinda jump out at you.

She's 'going to kill herself on Valentines Day in front of the British Embassy'

over a divorce she can do right here? <deleted>. This is a publicity stunt,

because yet again she isn't being allowed back into UK to raise a ruckus there.

Why doesn't she apply for a tourist visa??????

Why would you apply for a spousal visa when your spouse has already dropped you in the poop once. Of course no absolute guarantee that she would get it, but presuming she has an ok job and some cash she should be able to get the visa no problem.

Also to petition the court for divorce, she probably doesn't need to be personally in the country. If she places the divorce petition in the court through a lawyer, and shows the embassy she has to attend the court, I presume the embassy has very little right to refuse the visa application.

Sorry a lot of presumptions, but having been removed from the country whilst apparently in possession of a spousal visa, why would anyone go down the route of re-asking? One wonders if she has got advice from Somchais visa service???

Welcome to reality of life,may be she should ask other nationals in Thailand how THAI immigration is treating them.

Thai Immigration treat me very well. They have always been polite and business-like when I have seen them. Never had a problem with any of my forms. I can't speak for others though, so what problems have you had. Just wondering why I get such good service and others don't. Different offices maybe?

• Like 1

Supporters gathered around Kanokrat Booth, 42, waving banners saying ‘Stop Judging Thai People’ and ‘Marriage is not a love service and needs no probation’

I'm just thankful that farangs who marry Thai women don't have to suffer the kind of embarassing and judgemental behaviour handed out by the cruel, nasty U.K. authorities when they are at the mercy of Thai immigration...

I mean it's not like farang women who marry Thai men are eligible for Thai citizenship and farang men who marry Thai women aren't.... errrrr... hold on a minute.... violin.gif

Edited by DeepSea
  • Like 1