Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

Who set up the camera work and the narration of the story....is the voice-over somehow connected to this camera-shy person?

Good point. Why don't we see this camera shy person? I am reliably informed that the cameraman did his own editorialising and cut the reporter out of the interviews on the basis that Scottish Television would not like to see his ugly mug and would rather do their own write-over anyway. However for those who want to shoot the reporter his ugly mug is on other videos.

PS: Scots are not mean. I know some who are the most endearing, professional, generous people, ever to have made Thailand their home.

Edited by flyingsporran
  • Like 1

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money-grubbing Thai women like this cast a dark shadow on the many decent Thai women that are actually seeking love and not a man's life savings. The UK government's reasoning for denying her visa request makes perfect sense - if you do not plan to live with your spouse you are not eligible for a spouse visa. What's wrong with that?? clap2.gif

exactly... and can't believe... or maybe i can believe she has all these 'supporters'. what a joke.

• Like 2

British Immigration laws are among the toughest in the world,.

because tons of money grubbin' people like this one are trying to get in....hence the tough immigration laws.

Hehe. And again we see this delusion that Britain is in any way significant on the world stage.

• Like 2

How would you feel if your visa for Thailand was revoked just because someone said something to Immigration!

The charges against her need to be proven or dismissed by the BA, the husbands testimony alone is not enough since he has a vested interest in keeping her out of the Scottish courts where he will presumably loose lots more than if the divorce is heard absentia.

• Like 2

How would you feel if your visa for Thailand was revoked just because someone said something to Immigration!

The charges against her need to be proven or dismissed by the BA, the husbands testimony alone is not enough since he has a vested interest in keeping her out of the Scottish courts where he will presumably loose lots more than if the divorce is heard absentia.

The last thing he wants, though, is for the case to get anywhere near the Thai courts. In fact, if I were him I'd probably avoid Thailand in future.

if she likes thailand why would she want to go to the UK except for money. i think he should of lived in Thailand for awhile to see what she was like before taking her to the UK he would of saved himself alot of problems

uk

The last thing he wants, though, is for the case to get anywhere near the Thai courts. In fact, if I were him I'd probably avoid Thailand in future.

Not so, the Thai courts can't enforce a judgement against his UK assets, sorry, Scottish assets.

What a pity "human rights" dont apply to Brits and their frozen annual increase of pensions. Anyone fancy a protest down the Embassy? Monday's frozen pensions increases, Wednesday's poor batting performance from England. 10 am start.

• Like 1

This came up some time ago and it is just a continuation on the same theme.

She is just smart enough to cause trouble,

but not smart enough, or too smarting from loss of face to just drop it

and walk away with a modest settlement.

She just can't understand that she has to call it a day,

and clearly has some advisor / lawyer hoping for a cut of the profits,

telling her to fight it to the last dregs of common sense.

The same attitude that makes her fight UK right into the EU courts

is likely the same reason he wants nothing more to do with her;

a right total pain in the arse, who is showing her true colors;

give me, and my lawyer, more money, and we go away,

if not....

Sure this is reading between the lines, but the lines kinda jump out at you.

She's 'going to kill herself on Valentines Day in front of the British Embassy'

over a divorce she can do right here? <deleted>. This is a publicity stunt,

because yet again she isn't being allowed back into UK to raise a ruckus there.

Why doesn't she apply for a tourist visa??????

Why would you apply for a spousal visa when your spouse has already dropped you in the poop once. Of course no absolute guarantee that she would get it, but presuming she has an ok job and some cash she should be able to get the visa no problem.

Also to petition the court for divorce, she probably doesn't need to be personally in the country. If she places the divorce petition in the court through a lawyer, and shows the embassy she has to attend the court, I presume the embassy has very little right to refuse the visa application.

Sorry a lot of presumptions, but having been removed from the country whilst apparently in possession of a spousal visa, why would anyone go down the route of re-asking? One wonders if she has got advice from Somchais visa service???

Yeah. Like I said;

"She is just smart enough to cause trouble,

but not smart enough, or too smarting from loss of face to just drop it

and walk away with a modest settlement."

I'll add likely too greedy to let the cash cow rest.

The last thing I would want at his age is the likes of this dame cutting away at my nether regions till I die.

• Like 1

She's complaining that she can't get a divorce. Why can't she seek a divorce in Thailand? She merely wants the additional perks for divorcing in the UK - alimony, perhaps some of HIS retirement. Money-grubbing Thai women like this cast a dark shadow on the many decent Thai women that are actually seeking love and not a man's life savings. The UK government's reasoning for denying her visa request makes perfect sense - if you do not plan to live with your spouse you are not eligible for a spouse visa. What's wrong with that?? clap2.gif

I agree it sounds like she is after his british assets and nothing more. if she was married in Thailand as the story says and she wants a divorce apply for it in Thailand and if the marriage is registered in the U.K you do not have to be there to accept a divorce, just sign the papers and move on. She has spent over 100K pounds fighting the case and had to sell her home. Who provided the assets in the home and her funds? Sounds like the husband was providing for her before her found out that he was not the only one.

• Like 1

Welcome to reality of life,may be she should ask other nationals in Thailand how THAI immigration is treating them.

Thai immigration is a picnic compared to the pompous, narcissistic 'UK Border Agency', acushla. Last time I returned they tried to stop me re-entering (I'm a British citizen) because they didn't like some of the places I'd been to, or my reasons for going to them. I just walked past them. They can't stop me entering my own country.

British Immigration laws are among the toughest in the world, and the borders are staffed by clueless, jumped-up little pen-pushers who think they've got a bit of power.

How well put!

Exactly my experience after returning twice to the UK last year after 17 years away. I was treated very rudely by these Civil Servants who seem to be power crazy. They are neither "Civil" nor "Servants" of the British People who pay their salaries. At Christmas I arrived at Heathrow with my Thai Wife and Children and asked to go through the British Citizen's entry point (correctlly, as I was their sponsor) and the officer (She) snapped "Only if you are married". Seeing as my son is 17 and 6' 3" and my daughter 15 this was obviously a very rude and prejudiced comment.

• Like 1

Welcome to reality of life,may be she should ask other nationals in Thailand how THAI immigration is treating them.

Thai immigration is a picnic compared to the pompous, narcissistic 'UK Border Agency', acushla. Last time I returned they tried to stop me re-entering (I'm a British citizen) because they didn't like some of the places I'd been to, or my reasons for going to them. I just walked past them. They can't stop me entering my own country.

British Immigration laws are among the toughest in the world, and the borders are staffed by clueless, jumped-up little pen-pushers who think they've got a bit of power.

How well put!

Exactly my experience after returning twice to the UK last year after 17 years away. I was treated very rudely by these Civil Servants who seem to be power crazy. They are neither "Civil" nor "Servants" of the British People who pay their salaries. At Christmas I arrived at Heathrow with my Thai Wife and Children and asked to go through the British Citizen's entry point (correctlly, as I was their sponsor) and the officer (She) snapped "Only if you are married". Seeing as my son is 17 and 6' 3" and my daughter 15 this was obviously a very rude and prejudiced comment.

Far too sensitive by a long shot, she was just doing her job, how was she to know whether you were married or not.

"If I don't get what I want I'm going to kill myself" is a great way to impress people.

I'm sure the UK authorities are taking her seriously. NOT. Making such a ridiculous nuisance of yourself is only going to get people to think "do it soon, if that what it takes to shut you up."

Is it her love of the Scotsman that is driving her passion?

The prize is a UK divorce settlement and if she had a chance before she certainly doesn't now. Back to the bar beer for this one!

• Like 2

If this is a 'face' issue then she has just ramped up the stakes considerably. I can't see the UKBA bowing to this sort of pressure so I would guess there is going to be quite a crowd there on Valentines Day when she will have to put up or shut up.

Obviously she is after a divorce settlement and juging by what I read the Scot is probably wealthy, so she wants her slice of the poor old suckers cake.

He should have got evidence of her extra marital affair so he can defend him self in court.

Edited by Rimmer
inappropriate generalization removed

If this is a 'face' issue then she has just ramped up the stakes considerably. I can't see the UKBA bowing to this sort of pressure so I would guess there is going to be quite a crowd there on Valentines Day when she will have to put up or shut up.

Have you never seen the bar girls (usually) with masses of scars on the underside of their forearms, a love affair gone sour at an early age so get fetch the meat cleaver and make a series of cuts, someone will come along and intervene to "save a life", just in time. Pathetic and serious mental health issues involved but a probable way out for the subject lass..

Tough bunch

Doesn't it bother anyone that the kilt maker married this las 3 times? twice in LOS and once in the UK-they were in love, how can he simply call the border folks and have her denied access for a visa ? What if I don't like someone is it really that easy to make a call and they are blocked ? Imagine the fools who will make idle threats in the heat of the moment "I'll have you deported" IMHO this old kilt maker is trying to protect his assests and is using the visa section. She is married to a Brit and in my mind should be allowed to "visit" the UK to take care of business-divorce, if she takes him for a bath well then it is his fault ?

+1

• Like 2

The thai Man Screwing me in my room is " just a friend" I love only you and no one else. I love u my farang hubby, coz you are stupid.

What are thai women even thinking before saying anything like this?? *&%@ Heads....

Its the right treatment, by not giving visa to her.

Totally Agree.

Deal with it Girl...

• Like 2