Motorcycle Protective Clothing In Chiang Mai

gravion

conduras are clothing with those netting styled cloth?

i saw one at helmet shop on siridonchai road, around 2900thb...

armored chest, back, elbow pads with some sort of cloth for 1900thb, bit pricy for what it is... i thinnk probably can get it off supplier, china for like 500thb am i right?

Edited by gravion

There is an old adage; 'What do you put in a $20 helmet'?..Answer; a $20 head. Cheap protective gear is a false economy if you come off your bike. Kevlar jeans with armoured knee inserts (Brand is Sartso) are available from Fast Corner in Panthip Plaza. Helmet2home, has good jackets and quality helmets and so does Kawasaki Chiang mai on Chang Lo road (They have Alpinestar....excellent protection). You need good gloves with extra protection on the knuckles and heel of the palm. You need good boots with ankle protection but, do not get boots with steel caps or heavily tredded rubber soles. Boots need to slide, not grip and industrial style work boots are just plain dangerous as motorcycle boots. Also you need a good pair of polarised, polycarbonate lensed sunglasses. If you care about yourself, you need to spend as much as you can afford on good gear. Cheap leather jackets, scooter helmets, jeans, training shoes and flannel shirts are of no use if you hit the bricks.

3000baht as a budget is unrealistic. You can't buy even a half decent helmet for that much. Sorry to bear such negative news but quality protection is not cheap...and quality protection is necessary.

Stay upright.

Dave.

op.. try these guys http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=637893

they are not in CM but they do supply loads of shops so may be able to hook you up.. the nerve jacket is probably what your looking for.. nothing special but adequate.

They also do some lower cost name brand helmets. But if you want very low cost with some quality then REAL brand helmets are probably the best.

oh so lovely answers... yeah im sure i will look into getting the right gears man, not sure about gloves though.. although i only own wave 125cc, i hire 600cc class on weekends etc. maybe once in 2 weeks...

these days i see young thai kids with clutches, their foot being <snip>, even once i saw a young dude in his 20s without right leg at nimahemin...

saw another young dude on wheel chair on huaykaew rd, near 7 eleven... hard life eh.

if im like that, i will prolly stab myself in the neck after heavy consumtion of leo... truely true ..

+another question: what if i crash a rented bike for eg er6n, f? how much would the dealer usually charge? how would one save oneself from those heavy repair bills...?

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out.

'+another question: what if i crash a rented bike for eg er6n, f? how much would the dealer usually charge? how would one save oneself from those heavy repair bills...? '

1st answer .. don't crash

2nd answer take it to Kawasaki and pay for the the repair BEFORE taking it back.

3rd. Try and get insurance on yourself to cover accidents

4th. buy your own bike, your paying what ? 4,000b + each month to rent. that will buy you a Cbr250 on finance or 6,000b will get you a er6