Electric Car Company In Thailand

Tonykalniev

Save the tired chin-music for someone that might listen, I said nothing about storing and transporting batteries. Why don’t you try to read AND comprehend what I said and then get back to me with a coherent response, and then we’ll “compary” notes.

If no aircon, I think I can name it: "The Sadist EV1" wink.png

I think no A/C would be OK in say Phuket for an "Island" car to nip down to the beach or out for a round of golf.

In BKK with traffic it would have to borrow it's name form an old Ford maybe the DeSade Marquis

"Study Finds Hybrid Cars Can Actually Be More Harmful To Environment.

In an article titled "Why Electric Cars Are Worse for Your Health than Gas-Powered Cars," Time (2/15) cites a study done by the University of Tennessee and published in the journal Environmental Science and Technology as saying "the use of electric vehicles may not be that clean after all, particularly in the world's most populated country, China." In fact, their studies found that "in terms of air pollution, electric vehicles were more harmful to public health per kilometer traveled than gasoline-powered cars." While that statement appears to go against common beliefs, the study notes that the use of fossil fuels to create the electricity used in the hybrid cars must be taken into account. In China, "about 85% of the country's electricity is powered by fossil fuels, of which 95% is coal." This means that, ultimately, the overall carbon footprint of hybrid vehicles would be larger than that of gas-fueled vehicles."

If no aircon, I think I can name it: "The Sadist EV1" wink.png

I think no A/C would be OK in say Phuket for an "Island" car to nip down to the beach or out for a round of golf.

In BKK with traffic it would have to borrow it's name form an old Ford maybe the DeSade Marquis

Hehe, OK so long as it didn't have a roof smile.png

"Study Finds Hybrid Cars Can Actually Be More Harmful To Environment."

Every car is damaging to the environment smile.png

So it's either be a tree-hugger and dont' own a car, or don't be a tree-hugger and leave the saving of the environment to someone else wink.png

Trying to sell me a car based on it's green 'credentials' is like trying to sell me a piece of hand-pressed paper from an already dead tree, and comparing it's usefulness to a computer.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Edit: Let me preface this by saying I love the concept of electric vehicles, 2, 3 and 4 wheels. I could probably make minor adjustments in my habits and an electric vehicle could serve over 3/4 of my driving needs.

But they aren't all things for all people and making unreasonable claims is not going to advance the cause....

Now, my original post:

I can't seem to get past the OP's claim (selling point) that gasoline and diesel evaporate through steel containers and through engines. I've got cans of Coleman fuel that have been on the shelf for 20+ years and still haven't evaporated.

Once the credibility is gone, all selling points seem to be pretty suspect....

Edited by impulse

I can't seem to get past the OP's claim (selling point) that gasoline and diesel evaporate through steel containers and through engines. I've got cans of Coleman fuel that have been on the shelf for 20+ years and still haven't evaporated.

Yep.

The only truly valid selling points for EV's are cheaper running costs (which must be matched by a reasonable purchase, servicing and resale costs to remain a factor), quieter running/improved NVH (this is not a given though), and better acceleration 'out of the hole'.

Anything else is a smokescreen IMHO.

Edit: Let me preface this by saying I love the concept of electric vehicles, 2, 3 and 4 wheels. I could probably make minor adjustments in my habits and an electric vehicle could serve over 3/4 of my driving needs.

But they aren't all things for all people and making unreasonable claims is not going to advance the cause....

Now, my original post:

allright, here is a link as an easy explanation for you guys that doubt...click the link and scroll below, where you can find a video...

http://green.autoblo...to-15-a-gallon/

(edit) or just a youtube link:

note the heat element for it to evaporate...you wouldnt see water evaporating in your garage or basement either, right?

Edited by Tonykalniev

Now, my original post:

allright, here is a link as an easy explanation for you guys that doubt...click the link and scroll below, where you can find a video...

http://green.autoblo...to-15-a-gallon/

(edit) or just a youtube link:

note the heat element for it to evaporate...you wouldnt see water evaporating in your garage or basement either, right?

But that still does not substantiate your claims that my car evaporates fuel whilst sitting idle in my garage. when my car is sitting idle what is generating the heat for the fuel to evaporate ?

There is also the production conundrum. Manufacturing a new electric car creates a massive carbon footprint.

If you wanted a car you would do less damage to the environment and save money overall by buying an existing second hand car.....

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

There is also the production conundrum. Manufacturing a new electric car creates a massive carbon footprint.

If you wanted a car you would do less damage to the environment and save money overall by buying an existing second hand car.....

Even better if it burns something cleaner like LPG or NG as it's primary fuel already smile.png ..

even cleaner when my company creates ev conversions for existing car owners...which is an objective in our company...

even cleaner when my company creates ev conversions for existing car owners...which is an objective in our company...

So your suppliers carbon footprint is ignored then ?

So your suppliers carbon footprint is ignored then ?

No. Unicorns whisk it away for the Elves to convert into zero point modules.

Start giving some details it then might shut some of the sceptics up. I don't care about carbon footprint why should I.

I don't care about carbon footprint why should I.

Exactly. Who cares? If you're going to own a car and drive it, you're damaging the environment, period.

You can argue about carbon this and pollutant that all day, but at the end of it all, a car that's slightly less bad for the environment than another car that's really bad for the environment, is still a car that's really bad for the environment.

My advice? These EV car companies need to stop trying to put green (or blue) lipstick on environmental pigs, and instead focus on the actual merits their products can lay claim to, e.g. cheaper running costs, better acceleration, and quieter ride etc - if in fact their designs achieve them...

Lot of people buy into the whole "green" marketing thing. That combined with the regs and tax incentives make sense out of the silliness.

Perhaps, but I'm talking about the buying public, not the politicians who subsidze hybrids/EV's so they can be competiitive against ICE's for other reasons.

To the average Somchai, the reason to go EV/Hybrid is a resounding 'because it's cheaper on/than gas' - very few will cite 'it's better for the environment' as their pirmary reason for buying..

Would you pay 25%-100% more for a car that was 'greener', given that would be it's only advantage? Of course not, and statistically, nor does anyone else ;)

I don't care about carbon footprint why should I.

Exactly. Who cares? If you're going to own a car and drive it, you're damaging the environment, period.

You can argue about carbon this and pollutant that all day, but at the end of it all, a car that's slightly less bad for the environment than another car that's really bad for the environment, is still a car that's really bad for the environment.

My advice? These EV car companies need to stop trying to put green (or blue) lipstick on environmental pigs, and instead focus on the actual merits their products can lay claim to, e.g. cheaper running costs, better acceleration, and quieter ride etc - if in fact their designs achieve them...

Thanks for clearing that! they always argue the "which is greener" topic...i just fall into their traps all the time. why cant they realize that, like so many new EV's out there, the performance outpaces normal ICE cars, as does maintenance and long term savings on an owner's pocket...

I have been watching developments for the use of electric vehicles for the last 10 years and as to date am still not convinced,

Top Gear did an episode where they tested 3 of the latest electric vehicles on the market today and the biggest problem by far as pointed out by clarkson was that the ford would need replacement batteries every 4 years, cost of new batteries £12000.

From my point of view as regards to the Tuk Tuks I had to take into account the weight of the batteries and of course the milage between charge ups, My customers wanted a vehicle that will run most of the day and into the night and this was simply not possable with battery power alone.

Also range is affected by various conditions, If you lived in Holland the terrain is no problem but its a differing situation in for example the UK.

Right down to the number of passengers you have on board will make a difference to range as will the use of lights/sterio/dvd system plus monitor.

I will always keep an open mind on the use of electric but at present many manufactures are moving towards high power low cc units, this can be seen in the UK with the introduction later this year of the 1.4cc powered insignia also opel which produces better mpg than the standard 1.8 but with more power.

For the moment I will stick with the cumbustion engine combined with LPG technology.

TTM

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am sad to announce that our unveiling of the electric car will have to be postponed until further notice due to underestimation of the power of our electric motors. We need to order bigger and stronger parts to cope with the high torque, which need to be imported so expect a delay of about 3 weeks.

However, you may check my facebook (type in the search tony kalniev) for videos and pictures of how we are doing. The cruising is great, range is optimal, charging done in 3 hours and all in complete silence...

Thank you for your patience,

The EV Speed Team

Tony

Will you have a booth at the auto show?

Unfortunately, no. We are on budget constraints. All the financing has come from me, my family and my engineer's pockets to build the drive train. To rent a booth has huge costs involved. However, as I mentioned before, we will have private event held around certain provinces to interest potential customers and investors.

In addition, the auto show at Bitec is strictly targeting sales of existing cars, as mentioned by the main organizer, not technological advancements.

The events we are preparing are already planned and we are obviously waiting for the car to be finished in order to give people test rides. I will let you know as soon as we are ready 95-100% with the vehicle.

Thank you for your interest :)

Tony