Electric Car Company In Thailand

Tonykalniev

Hi everyone,

I just thought it is time for our hard work to take some notice.

I have started an electric car company here in Thailand. In order to feel "safe" for now, I will not disclose much information.

The batteries just arrived today, so we are in the final stages of finishing off the prototype before presenting at an event. This technology is at its top of the automotive chain and will be for sale all over Thailand soon. Here are a few vehicle specifications:

no transmission

fully electric

no gears

no oil or gasoline

range of 300-400km (estimate)

Variable design according to customer requirements (eco, standard, sports, racing)

1,000,000 baht price tag for the current prototype that will be unveiled soon.

Now, as we are preparing and finalizing the design, we are considering a free-energy generator on board the car. This generator is extremely efficient and could potentially make our concept to run forever without plugging in the vehicle. I will release details on it soon.

Please understand there are real dangers to unveiling more information, so until we do, we are giving this sweet taste first.

Thanks for all that read this, but I am just really excited to give birth to Thailand's first car company...soon...

Tony

EVSPEED

Edited by Crossy
email removed per forum rules

Yes its sounds interesting, but I think air-con is a no no due to big power consumption but what has OP Tony to say about that?

If no aircon, I think I can name it: "The Sadist EV1" wink.png

Allright guys, questions answered:

aircon is designed electronically so it is a fine working print of an EV. Electronic HVAC has much higher efficiency of normal cars. Basically, it reduces the consumption from 40% to 10%.

Another issue is of course charging, but if you generalize, going to Huahin, you can make it on 1 trip. Going to Chiang Mai, you can make it in 2 trips. Example: go 350km, charge for about 2 hours, see some temples, eat at some restaurants with your wife and then go again....open your eyes and your mind, think logically and you will achieve what should be accomplished. Ask any Prius or Camry Hybrid driver in Thailand....

I can see your idealogical ideas in what you say Tony but how many restaurants/sight seeing places will supply you charging power for your car while you eat/go looking? I guess a Hybrid car will do better in that regard.

That said, in our car (Honda City 06) about 90% of all our trips are under 100 km around Pattaya area, for shopping - eating out & and a walk on the beach so a car you are building are making sense for sure so I wish you all the best luck with the project.

I can see your idealogical ideas in what you say Tony but how many restaurants/sight seeing places will supply you charging power for your car while you eat/go looking? I guess a Hybrid car will do better in that regard.

That said, in our car (Honda City 06) about 90% of all our trips are under 100 km around Pattaya area, for shopping - eating out & and a walk on the beach so a car you are building are making sense for sure so I wish you all the best luck with the project.

Hi, yep at least you are thinking....unlike many previous users on my other posts...

However, while your car is parked, does it generate electricity (or fuel in that matter)?

Let me give you a small statistic (only one, there are many others): while a normal car (ICE engine) is parked in the sun for 4 hours example, it is evaporating its fuel through its metal. so basically, you are left with less fuel then you parked with. If you parked with an electric car and with our solar roof and generator, you create energy, in some cases if you were at your house, you could return the energy and create a profit (this is mentioned in my previous topics)...There is one thing to note here: as our infrastructure energy becomes cleaner, so do our EV's, not our normal cars.

In addition, there are many ways to not think about: if we buy EV's, we all change the emissions to our grid...It is absolutely untrue ass many studies have shown. Please research in detail and reply to this topic.

Finally, yes the car is a 4 seater. It is an converted electric Yaris, without any change in interior space, except for performance. The performance increases as the car is lighter by approx 100kg and has a performance of about 4 seconds at a sprint...

There are many things I would like to discuss as why EV's are a revolutionary step to the automotive industry, as proven by many companies, especially Tesla, but I leave that for you to research.

Please see the following:

There are so many more innovators out there, that it means it is the future. Please, PLEASE, research, understand, and realize the benefits before you go attacking EV's. Unless you just like the sounds of big engines and love the ... well...torque?....no, not torque EV's have that, power?....not power, Ev's have that too (way more) I guess it is just sounds of normal engines, those old, burning, broken sounds........

P.S: I cant post anymore links for some reason. But do not worry, the car will be available for anyone who is interested at my event. You will be let known soon....

Ah, there is nothing like an electric car debate to keep us all entertained.

As I said 10 years ago:

1/ If the car isn't painted in solar absorbing paint that can be used to convert the suns rays into electrical energy, it's not very useful.

2/ If it doesn't have regenerative braking (dynamic braking) a la diesel/electric locomotives going back 60 years, it's not very useful.

3/ If it doesn't have a fuel powered donkey engine (50cc to 100cc)to run a generator when the battery pack is depleted, it's not very useful.

4/ Swap out batteries...........

Shall I go on?

As I said 10 years ago:

1/ If the car isn't painted in solar absorbing paint that can be used to convert the suns rays into electrical energy, it's not very useful.

2/ If it doesn't have regenerative braking (dynamic braking) a la diesel/electric locomotives going back 60 years, it's not very useful.

3/ If it doesn't have a fuel powered donkey engine (50cc to 100cc)to run a generator when the battery pack is depleted, it's not very useful.

Shall I go on?

Yes, go on. Go on to read more about electric cars and the many success stories. Go on to read about how the oil industry does all it can to prevent the furthering of this very worthwhile endeavor. May I suggest watching "Who Killed the Electric Car" for starters.

And, #1 certainly doesn't make it "not very useful". There are other options.

I'm all for the project OP. Let us know when they're available in Phuket and where, please.

I do love the idea of elec cars . However without some form of small back up engine/generator i see big problems . Let's say , build in a very small efficient generator , about 15kw , enough to maintain a certain speed with very small consumption and charge the battery when driving slower . The range can be high and you never have flat batteries ( or too flat too drive ) . A 15kw modern generator uses not a lot fuel and only jumps on when battery power is less then 25% orso . This makes the range of use a lot bigger , allthough a bit slower on top speed on bigger ranges . Minor range only the battery is used , so local travelling is done 100% on battery .Kind of a hybrid vehicle but the elec engine is power nr 1 .

Well, so long as it has 300KM or more real range, I won't need it to be a range-extender - pure EV is fine. It's never going to replace any of my SUV's for long trip uses.

I also don't care where the electricity comes from, nor whether it ends up carbon neutral, positive or negative. In fact I don't give a crap about carbon, nor how many rare animal species I might end up inadvertantly saving in someone else's lifetime (or not). If I wanted to be some type of save the planet environmentalist, I'd make my family walk or cycle wink.png

All I want is a cheap, reliable car that can do the daily running about (avg. 200KM/day) with low running costs and decent comfort and safety. Deliver that for 1M Baht and I'm in. Push it to 2M Baht and I'm not intrested though, as the economics just wouldn't stack up anymore.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only potential customer who'd be interested in an EV for purely selfish reasons - so no need to play the "save the environment" card - so long as you get the product right wink.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1

As I said 10 years ago:

Shall I go on?

Yes, go on. Go on to read more about electric cars and the many success stories. Go on to read about how the oil industry does all it can to prevent the furthering of this very worthwhile endeavor. May I suggest watching "Who Killed the Electric Car" for starters.

I'm all for the project OP. Let us know when they're available in Phuket and where, please.

If your right about the oil industry, they didn't have to try very hard!

And were do you think the electricity is being generated to run your electric car? Would that be a coal fired or oil fired or nuclear powered station? shock1.gif

Woopy do! We saved from all that bad old car polution. Think it through a bit more jerk.gif.

Elec produced in large nr's , is always more friendly and efficient then a standard engine .

300km range in theory is fine . That is in theory ...

Something many people forget when talking the range , a a car stereo uses elec . Heavy amps etc can use quite a lot . Your 300 km range goes down .

Aircon or heating uses elec , range goes down .

Lights on uses elec , range goes down .

Batteries do wear out quite rapid ( THE biggest problem ) , and your initial saving requires not only battery changing after a few years but also will limit your range a lot faster ( look at your laptop battery ... 1st 2 years are near 100% , after it goes down ) .

So , after 2 years of use , you will see driving at night with some car stereo your range go down to 150km or less .

Elec engines are dreams ... and in the good way . They are brilliant in efficiency and reliability on all rpm's . The problem is the batteries , they are expensive , and need replacement quickly . The price of this will probably rise in the next years due to shortage of the raw material ( Lithium is hard to find and rare ) ... this is at modern day knowledge off course . Maybe a different technique is underway , with more standard materials ... but it is not on the market yet .

As I said 10 years ago:

Shall I go on?

If your right about the oil industry, they didn't have to try very hard!

And were do you think the electricity is being generated to run your electric car? Would that be a coal fired or oil fired or nuclear powered station? shock1.gif

Woopy do! We saved from all that bad old car polution. Think it through a bit more jerk.gif.

I think electric cars are justified for city use especially, think about all the cars sitting in Bangkok (in idle a lot of the time, stuck in jams just polluting) with 1 person inside quite often. Now that is a real waste of energy and of course unnecessary pollution. If say there was a law that private car driving was banned unless driving in a electric/hybrid car the air quality would improve drastically in there for sure and also overall consumption of fuel would fall accordingly.

Yes we all know that some electric are generated with fuel/coal, but you can make a huge power plant much more efficient than your average car.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Electric cars with current battery technology are a dead end. Pollution is moved, not removed, particularly when battery manufacturing and replacement are taken into account.

Their inherent drawbacks will never make them a practical alternative to petrol or hybrid (also dead end) cars beyond a few isolated cases.

The continued push to both hybrid and battery electric is only detracting from and delaying the real future of motor transport which is hydrogen.

• Like 1

Electric cars with current battery technology are a dead end. Pollution is moved, not removed, particularly when battery manufacturing and replacement are taken into account.

Their inherent drawbacks will never make them a practical alternative to petrol or hybrid (also dead end) cars beyond a few isolated cases.

The continued push to both hybrid and battery electric is only detracting from and delaying the real future of motor transport which is hydrogen.

This will put the price of bottled water up.rolleyes.gif

post-87530-0-45310500-1328431457_thumb.j

Will be handy to use in Bangkok to keep the flood waters down.biggrin.png

I subscribed to a youtube channel show called 'fully charged' - it's hosted by Robert Lewellyn who used to star in a British show 'Red Dwarf' and he also used to host the UK 'Scrapheap challenge' where he was mad on V8s, so it's quite a surprise to see him championing electric cars. Anyway, he has solar panels of the roof of his home and reports on the show that over the course of a year these panels supplied about 60% of the electricity he need to charge his Nissan Leaf.

To everyone,

Thanks for your interest everyone.

We have been looking at range extender (hybrids) designs like the Karma or Volt, but in the end, why make 2 problems in one package. With an EV only drive train, your maintenance is way lower than a standard ICE vehicle.

Nevertheless, we are keeping the range extender idea IF we are going to use it from renewable energy sources. one of these is a solar panel (actually like the Karma) on the roof of the car. Another is a free energy generator instead of a 600cc ICE generator. This generator works forever, while driving or parked, creating energy that is stored into the battery. Essentially, if the car is parked and the battery ends up full, you could feed it back to the grid, if only the government would allow such feedback systems in place.

More will be disclosed sometime in March, in the Bangkok or Nonthaburi areas.

For anyone that is highly interested in technology or loves EV's and their many benefits, please send me a message on ThaiVisa for an invitation to the party, so I can keep a record of you.

Thanks again everyone.

Oh, and hydrogen is a way those oil giants are just trying to replace their income if you research a little more in depth behind who is setting it all up, plus it leaks and evaporates, just like gasoline does through your engine.

To everyone,

Thanks for your interest everyone.

We have been looking at range extender (hybrids) designs like the Karma or Volt, but in the end, why make 2 problems in one package. With an EV only drive train, your maintenance is way lower than a standard ICE vehicle.

Nevertheless, we are keeping the range extender idea IF we are going to use it from renewable energy sources. one of these is a solar panel (actually like the Karma) on the roof of the car. Another is a free energy generator instead of a 600cc ICE generator. This generator works forever, while driving or parked, creating energy that is stored into the battery. Essentially, if the car is parked and the battery ends up full, you could feed it back to the grid, if only the government would allow such feedback systems in place.

More will be disclosed sometime in March, in the Bangkok or Nonthaburi areas.

For anyone that is highly interested in technology or loves EV's and their many benefits, please send me a message on ThaiVisa for an invitation to the party, so I can keep a record of you.

Thanks again everyone.

Oh, and hydrogen is a way those oil giants are just trying to replace their income if you research a little more in depth behind who is setting it all up, plus it leaks and evaporates, just like gasoline does through your engine.

Hydrogen has very little to do with big oil. http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/home-hydrogen-fueling-stations.htm

BTW, free energy generators? Last I checked zero point modules were pretty hard to come by.

As soon as someone, however well meaning uses the words free energy it all starts sounding a little wacko.png

Case in point, oil companies at work:

Electric Car Battery Company Ener1 Files For Bankruptcy.

The Washington Post (1/27, Leonnig) reported electric car battery company Ener1, which received "a $118 million stimulus grant to expand its operations, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Thursday after being unable to repay pressing debts. The news comes one year after Vice President Biden visited the company's new battery plant in Indiana to highlight its progress with federal funds." Ener1 follows Solyndra and Beacon Power as "the third company to seek bankruptcy protection among those the Energy Department backed as part of the president's signature program to invest in clean energy."

The Daily Caller (1/27, Peterson) reported Biden said at the time "that the administration was 'not just creating new jobs, but sparking whole new industries that will ensure our competitiveness for decades to come -- industries like electric vehicle manufacturing.'"

The Washington Times (1/27, McElhatton) reported the company "blamed the move on slower-than-expected demand for lithium ion batteries because of 'lower than expected adoption for electric passenger vehicles.'" Ener1 CEO Alex Sorokin said, "This was a difficult but necessary decision for our company."

Hydrogen is unlimited and can be made by everybody ( allthough there are difficulties in storing it ) by pure water . When burning or let it react to fuel cell you create nothing more then water . Oil industry has nothing to do with it .

All those conspiracy theories are mostly based on nothing . Any idea good enough will make it on the market . There are no simple solutions to the energy/fuel/global warming problems ( well there are a few but they are costly , and companies are not willing to switch everything around ) . Oil in the unforseeable future is needed for many purposes and engines are a big one where we can find other solutions . Elec might be the answer if we can find a way to store elec in something cheap , non exotic thing ( not like the lithium ) . Hydrogen looks IMHO the most usefull as it is easy to transform the engine , or change it to elec ( fuel cell ) .

The problem with electricity is not storing it, but transporting it. If you can transport it it cheap enough, there is no need to store it. Batteries are a work-around, not a solution.

Really? you want to go to storage issues of batteries and their transportation costs? how much does it cost the entire process of crude oil? finding location to dig $$, getting experts $$, damaging nature $$$, machinery $$$, piping $$$, sea operations $$$$$$, war $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, drilling $$$$$$$$, cost of lives at the workplace $$$$, transporting crude oil back to land $$$$$, refinery process $$$$$, storage $$$, transport to petrol stations $$$$, emissions regulations $$$$ (if any), fueling up a standard car $$$$, production of that car $$, maintenance $$$$$$ (see below link), cost to customers $$$$$$$.

compary this to electric cars please...

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/02/07/infographic-a-lifetime-of-fuel-costs-gas-vs-solar/