Parking At Thepprasit Nightmarket: Beware!

saengsureeya

Im not 100% sure Thailand is for you..... perhaps going back to Friesland for a while and try parking your bike illegally could be the answer....

Just grow up.....Im not sure if your post was supposed to spotlight you as someone lacking in mental capabilities but if it was, you succeeded beautifully

I'm 100% sure that attitude has few places where it's acceptable regardless.. While I hate it here I'd never act the way the OP did knowing I was in the wrong...I'd just take my lumps and move on with life, lesson learned.

Edited by WarpSpeed

OP: you are playing with fire here. First off, you are in the wrong. You really weren't supposed to park there. Everone knows that already. The police didn't just target you. They targeted all the bikes that did that, including Thais. Secondly, DO NOT EVER "DROP" MONEY LIKE THAT TO ANY THAI. ESPECIALLY TO ANY THAI AFFILIATED WITH THE POLICE. The money has HM the King's picture on it. To drop it on the floor is offensive. You are lucky they didn't arrest you for lese majeste.

And what are you complaining about? 400 baht? What is that? $15USD? I have had cars towed in the United States. Try $400 USD minimum. It's approximately $270 for the tow, plus $100 per day storage.

Not to mention the $150 - $200 fine..

Thanks for letting me know what I exactly am.

3 things:

- If I actually complaint for no reason the young copper wouldn't have walked away, but put me behind bars

- the red-white and yellow-white marking is situated near the entrance of Aksorn School.......in order to keep the entrance safe and clear during opening and closing of the school. On a Friday night at 10 p.m. the gate is closed and 2 cars were parked AT the entrance where of course are no markings; completely legitimate.

- the option for getting a receipt for THB 100 extra was for me enough proof that I was dealing with a scam and NOT with a proper way of law-enforcement.

IF I am wrong I'll be the last to complain about law-enforcement and I'll be "happy" to pay my fine.

Better to let people think you the fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.. giggle.gif

I understand you anger,but telling some porkies really makes no sence.

I've seen them do this. I've even seen them MOVE bikes parked in legal areas into non-legal areas and chain them up. Much of the Pattaya traffic police are bottom feeders.

One could drive 100 meters anywhere on any main road in Pattaya and find 4 - 5 illegally parked motorbikes. Why would BIB move a bike to get a ticket written ? And if those bikes were own by Thai's do you think it would go unreported?

• Like 1

warning to BIB.. never try and separate a Dutchman and his money....

OP we bitch and moan as a community when we see blatant disregard for the law here in LOS but as far as i can see you parked illegally.... was the lady who collected the money really a filthy a'hole or just some lady doing her job.

did it make you feel better swearing at her in Dutch and showing disrespect for her by throwing down the money...

Im not 100% sure Thailand is for you..... perhaps going back to Friesland for a while and try parking your bike illegally could be the answer....

Just grow up.....Im not sure if your post was supposed to spotlight you as someone lacking in mental capabilities but if it was, you succeeded beautifully

Monty, I'm glad to finally meet one of the übermensch creatures. Sadly enough you didn't read my posts completely.

"I dropped the 4 THB 100 notes before the lady onsite could grab them, so at least she had to work for it."

Those notes have the image of the King. Dropping them on the ground is offensive (possibly seen as lese majeste) and secondly, the lot cashier is paid to do her job, not put up with cnuts like you.

This might not be over yet.. Upon returning for R&R via Emirates Airway, and making a few acquaintances while inflight we agreed to share a Mini-Bus to Pattaya.. six of us now. While waiting in the lobby and securing a taxi-bus, we noticed we could not account for one person. Further inquiring with the Airport Police had us speaking with Immigration.. Four of us left and agreed to meet up later on Soi 6 Foxy or Roxy Bar. The one person that stayed behind waiting for his Pal relayed this story to us... Carl was detained as a result of Lese Majeste incident that had occurred 8 months earlier. He apparently wodded up a 1000baht bill when settling a dispute with a bar manager, after calling to police..After wodding the bill up apparently he dropped it into an empty glass. The BIB asked him to make a copy of his passport and was allowed to leave....

Upon arriving this time his name had appeared on some system that flagged him as a person of interest.. He was detained for a period of 16 days which had him back on the flight back to our duty station..

I then discovered that 98% of all Lese Majeste incidents are found guilty. Most of them are released on Christmas Day by a The King's Pardon. This person could be lucky or maybe just waiting for the hammer to fall and does not know it...

• Like 2

I can understand how the police load up small bikes like Honda Dreams and such, but what if a guy had something as heavy as a Kawasaki Versys (206 kg). Is a tow truck used, or what?

I've seen them load Harley's before using a tow truck (rot yok) and NO they don't care about scratches etc.

"I dropped the 4 THB 100 notes before the lady onsite could grab them, so at least she had to work for it."

Those notes have the image of the King. Dropping them on the ground is offensive (possibly seen as lese majeste) and secondly, the lot cashier is paid to do her job, not put up with cnuts like you.

This might not be over yet.. Upon returning for R&R via Emirates Airway, and making a few acquaintances while inflight we agreed to share a Mini-Bus to Pattaya.. six of us now. While waiting in the lobby and securing a taxi-bus, we noticed we could not account for one person. Further inquiring with the Airport Police had us speaking with Immigration.. Four of us left and agreed to meet up later on Soi 6 Foxy or Roxy Bar. The one person that stayed behind waiting for his Pal relayed this story to us... Carl was detained as a result of Lese Majeste incident that had occurred 8 months earlier. He apparently wodded up a 1000baht bill when settling a dispute with a bar manager, after calling to police..After wodding the bill up apparently he dropped it into an empty glass. The BIB asked him to make a copy of his passport and was allowed to leave....

Upon arriving this time his name had appeared on some system that flagged him as a person of interest.. He was detained for a period of 16 days which had him back on the flight back to our duty station..

I then discovered that 98% of all Lese Majeste incidents are found guilty. Most of them are released on Christmas Day by a The King's Pardon. This person could be lucky or maybe just waiting for the hammer to fall and does not know it...

Unlucky for the OP is that Christmas this year is another 11 months I should say.

Unlucky for the OP is that Christmas this year is another 11 months I should say.

Haha........the "OP": that's me. I know that the Dutch are always a few steps ahead, maybe you can predict a bit more. Anyway, as far as I know I'm still at home I should say.

One could drive 100 meters anywhere on any main road in Pattaya and find 4 - 5 illegally parked motorbikes. Why would BIB move a bike to get a ticket written ? And if those bikes were own by Thai's do you think it would go unreported?

Why would you try to use logic when dealing with anything here?

None of it makes sense. Nothing ever makes sense. But that's how they do things.

But to answer you question as to WHY, the answer is money. The answer is ALWAYS money. Be it 100b more or 1000b more, the answer is money. Another answer would be, because they can.

I understand you anger,but telling some porkies really makes no sence.

I've seen them do this. I've even seen them MOVE bikes parked in legal areas into non-legal areas and chain them up. Much of the Pattaya traffic police are bottom feeders.

But the OP admits being wrong and still he berates the BiB and the law and shuns the enforcement..

I'm 100% sure that attitude has few places where it's acceptable regardless.. While I hate it here I'd never act the way the OP did knowing I was in the wrong...I'd just take my lumps and move on with life, lesson learned.

If you hate it here as you claim then why on earth don't you pack up and go home?

Edited by Jayman

If you hate it here as you claim then why on earth don't you pack up and go home?

Thanks for that incredible insight I wish I'd thought of it rolleyes.gif ...

Obviously there must be a reason that is none of your business but relate to my personal responsibilities and commitments here and not being one to run from those I stick it out until they can be changed for the better which is coming soon if the politicians here (loosely used term) can keep their S@#$ together long enough and they can keep the place from going under water and any other new dramas they manufacture from interfering with my life's plans..

Edited by WarpSpeed

warning to BIB.. never try and separate a Dutchman and his money....

OP we bitch and moan as a community when we see blatant disregard for the law here in LOS but as far as i can see you parked illegally.... was the lady who collected the money really a filthy a'hole or just some lady doing her job.

did it make you feel better swearing at her in Dutch and showing disrespect for her by throwing down the money...

Monty, I'm glad to finally meet one of the übermensch creatures. Sadly enough you didn't read my posts completely.

Probabaly read enough to get the gist of it.. dont know what u creatures is and not remotely interested in finding out or goggling it.

I got my car booted for parking on second road in front of Tuk Com last week. I was on the right side of the street on the right day but I didn't see the dirty yellow line when someone pulled out and I pulled in. Apparently this is a taxi standing spot. 400 THB later and about an hour waiting and the boot was removed and off I went. I won't be driving to Tuk Com anymore as this was the second time I have been ticketed there. The first was definitely my fault and I'm not complaining about either incident but there's just nowhere to park down there.

I got my car booted for parking on second road in front of Tuk Com last week. I was on the right side of the street on the right day but I didn't see the dirty yellow line when someone pulled out and I pulled in. Apparently this is a taxi standing spot. 400 THB later and about an hour waiting and the boot was removed and off I went. I won't be driving to Tuk Com anymore as this was the second time I have been ticketed there. The first was definitely my fault and I'm not complaining about either incident but there's just nowhere to park down there.

Tukom has a free multi level parking garage with free shuttle to the store for those that don't want to walk the 500 meters.

Tukom has a free multi level parking garage with free shuttle to the store for those that don't want to walk the 500 meters.

not at the 2'nd road locationdrunk.gif

Edited by jehricaholic

I honestly didn't realize there was a tukom on 2nd road. Would you mind telling me where on 2nd road it is as I'd like to check it out.

Thanks.

I honestly didn't realize there was a tukom on 2nd road. Would you mind telling me where on 2nd road it is as I'd like to check it out.

Thanks.

There is no location on 2'nd road... that's the joke. Perhaps the OP had inadvertantly swallowed some of the fine Pattaya municipal water the night prior to posting.

Thanks.

There is no location on 2'nd road... that's the joke. Perhaps the OP had inadvertantly swallowed some of the fine Pattaya municipal water the night prior to posting.

I just assumed he meant pattaya tai..... but I guess that's not nearly as funny.

I'm always surprised how many don't know about Tukcom's excellent and free multi-storey car park facility. When you come on Pattaya Tai turn in at the soi to the left of Tukcom. Turn left at the second soi and you arrive in front of the carpark. They even have a free shuttle service for those who can't walk the 100 meter from the carpark to Tukcom.