Do You Need Your Own Bike For Test ?

ManOnTheRoad

probably 75% of the ppl dont bring a bike to the test when i was there ,you can rent a wave or a fino or a mio or a honda click for 100 thb ,same with the car test ,you dont need a car but i think it costs more to rent a car maybe a few hundred smile.png

Edited by wana

Great thanks for.the.reply did.you.took your test in mochit ? lots of people taking the.bike test ?

i couldnt find my old licence so it was faster to just do the thai test and get one here than go through the hassle

of reporting it lost and having a new one issued and posted over

less expensive too

a thai licence is a bit of a joke ,considering after the 3 minute test and then you can LEGALLY hop on a litre bike straight away

and theres no differnce in qulaifications between that and a honda wave

its madness ,but the more fashionable big bikes get,the more young men r going to write them off :(

I guess its part of the charm of living here, you can get MC/car licenses for less than 1000 bath compared to EU where that will cost min 2000 - 3000 $ (properly more).

Okay its mad you can take the test on a Wave, ride for 10 min and then go straight out and buy a 1000cc racing bike.

Complaining about why most of us are here, no nanny state.

not complaining ,i like the freedom :)

i got breathalised after a load of bottles of chang last year

the cop asked my gf in thai if i drank much

she said no and he said ok ,pay 100thb for riding in the middle lane and you can go

try doing that in another country :)

Tip: Pay for 5 years for your license. It then means you don't have to go back every year and show all the paperwork to make a new license. In fact see if they will let you make 10 years smile.png Then all you need to do is re-laminate it every so often.

Other tip: don't drink drive, especially around Bangkok. otherwise you will find yourself locked up and paying a serious amount of money to get out (around 10,000 baht). Just not worth doing it anymore. Take a taxi instead and help all those taxi drivers out there who need customers.

Edited by MaiChai

not complaining ,i like the freedom smile.png

she said no and he said ok ,pay 100thb for riding in the middle lane and you can go

try doing that in another country smile.png

You're bragging about riding around drunk with your gf on the back? Shame they didn't lock you up. Nobody cares if you kill yourself, but putting your gf at risk like that is pretty disgusting. hit-the-fan.gif

Tip: Pay for 5 years for your license. It then means you don't have to go back every year and show all the paperwork to make a new license. In fact see if they will let you make 10 years smile.png Then all you need to do is re-laminate it every so often.

Other tip: don't drink drive, especially around Bangkok. otherwise you will find yourself locked up and paying a serious amount of money to get out (around 10,000 baht). Just not worth doing it anymore. Take a taxi instead and help all those taxi drivers out there who need customers.

Non Imm visa required for 5 years DL

and they are not laminated any more, its like a credit card/Th ID card

not complaining ,i like the freedom smile.png

try doing that in another country smile.png

You're bragging about riding around drunk with your gf on the back? Shame they didn't lock you up. Nobody cares if you kill yourself, but putting your gf at risk like that is pretty disgusting. hit-the-fan.gif

i didnt fail the breathaliser test hence i was allowed to go on down the road to home

who are you to be giving legal or moral advice ? licklips.gif

just yesterday you were saying about a stolen GSXR wouold make a good track bike ??

and posting pictures of drinking pints of erdinger on road trips ?

coming from a big fan of noisy and illegal exhauts ?clap2.gif

what next ? hit-the-fan.gif