Nsr 150 Sp Body Kits/Paintjob

ManOnTheRoad

Hi guys i just bought a beatdown lol NSR 150 SP for 8000 THB from a Thai guy, Engine brakes and other parts are still working fine, no problem when riding it, the guy sold it to me because he needs cash for a car downpayment.

anyway where in bangkok can i get a new paint bodykits ? thanks

Honda dealers have factory painted fairings, you'll need the sticker kit though.

orginal stiker kit for the sp 1200 bhat.]

And from honda dealers i think the fearing it wil be over 13000 bhat.

The thai guys i know buy overstok and it wil cheap more.

Only what you must do go to a good painter schop and ask about the color nr from the repsol idition.

Stiker on it and thats its.

8,000 baht is a good price for the SP NSR, but you need to understand the fairings, body parts paint and labor cost money. If you want a good NSR SP it is cheaper just to spend more money to buy one in good shape. It will cost more to fix a poor one than just buying one in good shape.

Honda dealers have factory painted fairings, you'll need the sticker kit though.

orginal stiker kit for the sp 1200 bhat.]

And from honda dealers i think the fearing it wil be over 13000 bhat.

The thai guys i know buy overstok and it wil cheap more.

Only what you must do go to a good painter schop and ask about the color nr from the repsol idition.

Stiker on it and thats its.

There are OEM and copy fairings, the OEM have sharper corners and edges. The copies which are also ok sometimes require widening the mounting holes.

If possible try to get the ABS plastic ones. The fiberglass versions are much heavier.

8,000 baht is a good price for the SP NSR, but you need to understand the fairings, body parts paint and labor cost money. If you want a good NSR SP it is cheaper just to spend more money to buy one in good shape. It will cost more to fix a poor one than just buying one in good shape.

Yup thats right , bought it cheap just wanna test and play around with it, learn more about the parts and etc . someone got to start somewhere right lol

Will post some photos soon

Guys thanks for the reply, im working on the bike now, i see there are several bike stiker shop from where im living and also lots of bike restoration store here in Ramintra .

Yup thats right , bought it cheap just wanna test and play around with it, learn more about the parts and etc . someone got to start somewhere right lol

Guys thanks for the reply, im working on the bike now, i see there are several bike stiker shop from where im living and also lots of bike restoration store here in Ramintra .

And dont buy copy stikers for 350 bhat,thats crap .

Wy they wil go yellow in about 2 weeks in the sun.

And dont buy copy stikers for 350 bhat,thats crap .

Wy they wil go yellow in about 2 weeks in the sun.

Thats right :)

Did it came with the green book?

Yes comes with a green book but the owner.did.now paid road tax for sometimes I called mochit transport office they said I need to maybe re register the bike ot something and the road tax might need to pay around 2000baht the previous owner dis not pay for so long time

There are some seriously expensive bits on an sp. a new servo for the rc valve will cost nearly 7000 baht, proper shock 10000, swing arm unthinkable. thus it makes better sense to buy a good one.

Another thing, it most likely will have an iron insert in the cylinder rather than a proper nikelsil one. this will result in overheating. watch your temp guage. t0he coolant should be 50% green/blue coolant since the engine generally gets very hot, especially in Thailand. ptt gas stations do decent coolant for 170 baht a litre; much better than crap you get in the bike shops. also the sp cylinder head gasket has 4 small holes instead on 2 on the rr gasket. often the rr gasket is used which makes the heat issue worse. i add an extra hole either side as this is where the gasket fails because water cant flow; this also improves the cooling.

farings are expensive as mentioned.

Yes comes with a green book but the owner.did.now paid road tax for sometimes I called mochit transport office they said I need to maybe re register the bike ot something and the road tax might need to pay around 2000baht the previous owner dis not pay for so long time

I dont think so tax for that bike it cost 100 bht a year.

Aciedent paper standaard between 300 and 400 bhat,and this does madder howlong you not pay.

Go to the office pay the losten years thats its.

There seems to be a lot of talking going on Thai visa on 2 strokes lateley and that's good.

@ manontheroad: on the motorcycle in thailand website at the download section you can find a complete ( australian) workshop manual,that might be of some assistance for you.

While you still working on the bike could you do me a favor and check out the colors of the wires going into the CDI ( the black connector) when you look at the attachted pic it should be clear what i mean.

@ maichai you right, indeed some parts are quite expensive.

I recently had my engine rebuild and the cylinder alone ( the proper OEM one with nikasil coating)was 9000 thb a OEM cdi 4100 thb and i can go on more.

Putting the bike back together is near completion now ( still waiting for some parts from Honda) but as i wrote before in another topic about TZM's, going all the way and the proper way with using original parts is gonna cost you. bear that in mind,when starting such a project, when dismantling a bike you always come across more things then you initialy where thinking of replacing.

manontheroad good luck with your project!!!

post-143096-0-43120700-1328416066_thumb.

There seems to be a lot of talking going on Thai visa on 2 strokes lateley and that's good.

@ manontheroad: on the motorcycle in thailand website at the download section you can find a complete ( australian) workshop manual,that might be of some assistance for you.

While you still working on the bike could you do me a favor and check out the colors of the wires going into the CDI ( the black connector) when you look at the attachted pic it should be clear what i mean.

than for 4100 bhat i wold buy a unlimeted cdi ,1200 bht from lekcdi thailand.you wil surprise what your bike wil run.

@ maichai you right, indeed some parts are quite expensive.

I recently had my engine rebuild and the cylinder alone ( the proper OEM one with nikasil coating)was 9000 thb a OEM cdi 4100 thb and i can go on more.

Putting the bike back together is near completion now ( still waiting for some parts from Honda) but as i wrote before in another topic about TZM's, going all the way and the proper way with using original parts is gonna cost you. bear that in mind,when starting such a project, when dismantling a bike you always come across more things then you initialy where thinking of replacing.

manontheroad good luck with your project!!!

post-143096-0-43120700-1328416066_thumb.

I've heard that if the tax has not been paid for 3 (or was it 5) years, the bike would be automatically unregistered.

I've heard that if the tax has not been paid for 3 (or was it 5) years, the bike would be automatically unregistered.

i heard something like that as well

the green book is cancelled after so many years ,and you need to apply for a new one and go through

all the bullshit that comes with first registering a vehicle

its more important to pay your tax to get the "por ror bor" insurance that comes with it though

if you have an accident without that you could be thrown in jail

Bought this SP off a Thai as well for 10 000....no problems....if fitted with IRC tyres beware,,,,,,let then warm up before you do cornering..

Can't tell too much from one pic, other than it needs a lick of paint on the nose. But a hell of a bike for 10,000B, great buy smile.png

Edited by karlos

Bought this SP off a Thai as well for 10 000....no problems....if fitted with IRC tyres beware,,,,,,let then warm up before you do cornering..

I really not believe my friend!!!!

Bike like that in this condition they sell it between 15000 and 25000.

True that is the going rate, 20-25k for a pristine / restored example. But the one pictured for 10k earlier in this thread requires some body work at least, even so 10k is cheap but anything is possible given the right circumstances smile.png

Edited by karlos

Any idea howm much will be cost for the re register of green book ?

Looks like it needs a new rear cog, which probably means it needs a new chain to fit and the front sprocket while your at it. Other than that, looks fine. Does the rear cog rattle around? Might need new bushes too. Does the rc valve move when you rev it up? Wait until you find all the work arounds :) Oh well gives you something to play with, right?