O-A Retirement Visa Clarification

I need some clarification regarding my O-A Visa. I recently obtained the O-A visa and am currently in Thailand. The visa allows me multiple entries and stay in Thailand for 1 year. The stamp from immigration upon entry shows entry date of 15 January 2012, and valid until 14 January 2013. I was told during the year, I need to report to Immigration every 90 days.

My questions are the following:

1. During the one year period, whenever I leave Thailand and then return to Thailand, would I get a new 1 year period of stay?

2. If so, at the end of the one year for which the visa is valid, if I leave Thailand and return, would this mean that I would have another 1 year period stay. For example, if I leave on 10th January 2013 and return to Thailand on 13 January 2013, would I get a stamp that allows me to stay from 13 January 2013 until 12 January 2014?

3. If so, does that mean I would not need to apply for an Extension of Stay until the end of the January 2014?

4. What if I leave Thailand during my second year (say, August 2013), would I be able to reenter Thailand without obtaining a new visa?

Thanks for your input.

1. Yes.

2. Yes but return must be before use date on the visa itself - you did not mention that date.

3. No you would have to apply for extension prior to permitted to stay date so end of December.

4. You would have to obtain a re-entry permit prior to travel and use that as your visa entry information on return to keep your current permitted to stay date.