Foodland Restaurant (Took Lae Dee) Menu Recommendations

jehricaholic

Flames and counter flames removed. Enough already!!

If you wish your posts to remain on the board please use members correct names only otherwise they will be deleted and a posting suspension will be the order of the day. Likewise any suggestion of stalking.

Dammmmm... what did I miss?

• Like 1

The egg 51 baht breakfast is in my opinion one of the best value for money for a Western breakfast in Patters.It's cheap, is served quickly even when the place is packed, and is reasonably tasty. But it's the diner atmosphere as well that draws in the crowds.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Used to like the Yakisoba and Pad Thai in there, also a second vote for the Mackerel steak. Tried the Butchers 5 sausages once and although the 5 sausages all looked different, they tasted the same.

Always found the one at Sukhumvit Soi 5 tastier.

Last time I was shopping at Foodland, TLD was packed, so obviously a lot of people likes it! biggrin.png

So is McDonalds. Doesn't indicate exceptional food, does it?

and neither did I say so! wink.png

Chicken cashew nuts, sweet and sour pork, the full breakfast at 3am, the lemonade with crushed ice , banana fritters (not on menu)

if you want something cooking especially then buy it in foodland and they will cook it and serve for you

stir fried shrimps for instance, with a stir fry you can get yourself from the salad bar

all the foods from the shelves of foodland so its always fresh

its a great place, i have eaten there frequently over the last ten years or so

it should be noted that the owner of the foodland group eats there too when he is around

that ought to tell you something.............

My 3'rd visit now. I'm thinking that the naysayers are correct. I tried the chicken cashew (2x recommended), although tasting better than the version on offer at most Thai restaurants, the portion was miniscule for 100 baht, making it double the price compared to the normal Thai portions. I think I'll stick to the noodle dishes, but someday I'll try their breakfast.

Edited by jehricaholic

Used to like the Yakisoba and Pad Thai in there, also a second vote for the Mackerel steak. Tried the Butchers 5 sausages once and although the 5 sausages all looked different, they tasted the same.

Totally agree. The same menu but different flavours. Have not been for a while but it is a bargain. Took Lae DEE Bangkok is better.

Totally agree. The same menu but different flavours. Have not been for a while but it is a bargain. Took Lae DEE Bangkok is better.

Yes agree.......biggrin.png

Yes agree.......biggrin.png

ok , i am convinced, i will drive to Bangkok for the 51 baht breakfast........

I like eating at the food counter but lately (the last year or so) service can be painfully slow.

Often people are standing waiting for seats.

Now I ask the staff how long the que is as have waited ages for some orders to be cooked.

Otherwise the food is super fresh and reasonably priced.

They will cook to order and you don't have to stick to the menu.

I go there a few times a week. Pretty clean and AC and do some shopping on the way out. As an American, the good old fashioned club sandwich with french fries and a small soda is refreshing. Just ask for easy on the mayo. Had a few other things on the menu and none are exceptional but certainly are OK. The lunch counter feeling is nice and watching the short order cooks is, well, .. something to do.

Try to bargain them back down to 49 baht. 51 baht is a travesty. w00t.gif

Yeah, 'cause that includes only 1 strip of bacon with those 2 eggs. 51 baht calls for 2 strips.

Yeah, 'cause that includes only 1 strip of bacon with those 2 eggs. 51 baht calls for 2 strips.

dam_n ! only one strip? thats not worth the 2 hour drive from pattaya.....

dam_n ! only one strip? thats not worth the 2 hour drive from pattaya.....

Oh come on.........it's healthier with only one strip. whistling.gif

Edited by bergen

• 4 weeks later...

I've had many bad meals there. It just depends on luck of the draw - who's cooking your meal. Considering how busy they are it's not surprising that their over-worked cooks don't always get it right.