Garlic Sauce

daftpunker

Well, if all else fails, go to the supermarket, buy some garlic and some olive oil, crush up the garlic, add a little olive oil and stir. Apply to afflicted area as necessary. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

A garlic sauce wouldn't be that difficult to create - those whom understand how to prepare and cook.

If all else fails, I'm sure that the decent supermarket chains will carry what you are looking for.....in the condiment aisle.

Place one 3-4 inch ghurkin and a whole pealed clove of garlic in a mug then blend with a hand blender. Spoon paste into a piece of muslin and squeeze out the juice back into the mug. Add 3 tbsp of mayo and 1 tbsp of yoghurt and stir. Add olive oil to get the thickness you require. Pour into a sterilized empty mayo jar with a lid and it lasts a good week in the fridge. Best to leave it in the fridge overnight to allow the ingredients to get to know each other before use.

Great with grilled/BBQ prawns of fish.

2 tips

1. You can keep in an empty squeezable sauce bottle but make sure it is sterilized first.

2. Don't ask a lady if you can look at her big red snapper

I don't remember for sure if it was Tops or Villa that had "Aioli" sauce (jars similar to the mayo ones). Not great for me (that's why I haven't bought it in a long time and I don't remember too well), but it seems to be the kind of sauce you are asking about.

Crushed garlic mixed with an egg yolk, mayonnaise and olive oil will give you a similar result, I prefer the taste of this to the one above.