New Car Care

colinp

Hi, waiting on a new Mazda 2 and got wondering...do you still need to run-in engines? In bygone era's is was recommended not to exceed certain amount of revs for the first 500 miles approx, is this still neccessary?

Thanks

C

FWIW.. I changed my oil and filter after 5K and flushed the system too, cant be too careful. Alos the service recommendations, for Ford anyway, are not good enough for LOS. I insist on an air filter and diesel filter change on every 10K service. Before you look at the manual and see it says only do at 30K. Pls conisder this.. Thailand is a very dusty country, your air filter can be blown out with air but the more blocked it is, the worse the mixture will be that you burn, and your diesel costs will rise. Fuel stations here are, in some cases, very old, the tanks are rubbish and you will get crud in the fuel filter. ALSO insist on the cabing filter, which suplies your a/c, is blown clean and washed every service.. you will be amazed how much faster your cabin fan will blow :)