Finding Turf Post Floods

Not seen it for sale, but a house that was flooded have recently had a turf lawn laid, lovely and green it is too :)

I'll ask the missus where they got it. We're in Pathum Thani mind, could prove to be a bit of a drive.

My wife bought some on Friday 50 SqM eventually she got a price of 18Baht/piece ie 36Baht/SqM. She got the delivery down from 400Baht to 200Baht. It was the normal grass not Japanese or Malay whatever. The guy said that the turfs had to be laid the same day ... the turfs were OK ... just a few a bit thin.

I'm keeping the grass saturated at present ... lucky we have had a bit of rain ... turfs came from Kanchanapisek Rd ... the side opposite to the one you would be on if going to Kanchanaburi. if that helps ... she went early morning.

She ordered 55 SqM but fortunately only left a 300Baht deposit! She counted them carefully whilst being unloaded so the driver couldn't argue. that there was more than 50 SqM. (100 turfs) So came to inc delivery a total of 2000Baht

I laid the turfs on 4 CuM of sand with a little top soil raked in, so you can work out the sand thickness.

OK a couple of photos below ... the lawn is pretty level ... just a few extra bits at the bottom which will be trimmed ... make it look quite bad ... also some of the grass is already growing. Also a picture of the sand spreading/levelling tools I made.

Edited by JAS21

JAS, I seem to remember that was a cultivated jungle last time I was round your place smile.png

Bowls next week?

I've told the maid if she digs any holes in it for my wife to plant anything ... I'm going to sack her!!!cowboy.gif

Thanks for that, I am located no where near there, but it is good news though, as prices are getting back to normal in some areas. I put 400m2 down last year, I was planning about another 1000m2 now.

But....... I will still keep hunting around, I need about 200m ASAP, if I use it as an excuse for a drive that way, I will PM you for exact details.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...