Fatal Accident Just North Of Mae Rim

MrBrad

I heard today about a serious accident just north of Mae Rim on Highway 107 yesterday. A large bus (maybe the intraprovince bus between Chiang Mai and points north) and a minivan with school students plus a number of other vehicles were in a pile-up. One student died at the scene, the van driver had both legs broken among other injuries, and many others (?) were taken to hospitals.

Does anyone have more information? As usual speeding was a factor according to the information I got. The road is quite wide in that area, two or three lanes in both directions, so one should not need to blame it on the road condition.

It was a school bus my thai teachers at my work(mae rim) also told me a young child has died I always go to work about that time i just got to work before the accident .

RIP my thoughts go out to there families.

Edited by rakchaingmai

How far north of Mae Rim did was it?

School van from/to what school?

Thanks.

This the S band just North 1/2 km from the Mae Saa intersection...don't know the school...

Looks like the tour bus coming from the Northerly direction and going to fast didn't make the turn and slammed into Pajero head on,which has been taken with through the wall and the school bus hit the Pajero other side...

Fatigued driver overshot the curve. Just a guess; but not a wild guess. Are there maximum-allowed driving hours for professional drivers? So senseless. I'm speechless.

Even if there is a limit on the hours of continuous driving, there's really no hope of enforcing that, is there?

RIP

We live a few K north of there and have to cross that highway everyday. My wife is reading the report now and it says that the kindergarden school bus pulled out in front of the bus that was coming from CM. The bus then swerved and hit the pajero which was coming from the north. A old lady in the pajero was killed. Someone on a motorbike also hit the pajero from behind.