Tip Pizza Delivery Guy If There Is A Delivery Fee?

gguy

When i use the Pizza Company for delivery of a few pizzas and side orders if there is a few of us, i tip him because he carries everything in and lays it out on the table, maybe he is just a decent lad but his tip is deserved in my opinion.

The other factor is whether it's a multi-restaurant delivery service, one chain delivery service, employees of one restaurant, or freelance drivers for one restaurant. I'm still confused by this. In my home country, pizza gets delivered "free" and you know you must tip. Here if there is an extra delivery charge, you've paid, but to who?

Edited by Jingthing

I used to tip, the fees went up, now my missus refuses to let me tip! Then again when we were tipping we generally got battered orders or waited ages now she refuses to subsidise pizza company's penny pinching.

They take so long counting the change it seems a shame to give it back ;-)

Pizza Hut/Company raised their prices a lot and also started charging a delivery fee. I tipped when there wasn't one, but stopped when they introduced the fee (and slowed down on ordering pizzas when the price got so high). Just have a Thai person pay for the pizza and there is no expectation of a tip anyway.

I would be surprised if the driver got any of the delivery charge. TIT after all

But he gets his salary though. smile.png

Not debating that issue at all. I'm just saying that I'd be surprised if he got any of the delivery fees as some posters might assume.

seriously, debating over 20-40b. the driver probably only gets 6k a month, and risks their life on the chaos that are the pattaya roads, tip them. stop being a cheap ****

+1

20-40 bath is fair to tip, most of the driver says many thanks but one looked disappointed.

Not Pizza - but Food by Phone in Bangkok. I always leave 40-60 baht but feel that 100 baht might be raising the level too much.

The tipping question comes up a lot on TV.com, I for one like to tip, but do not like to tip to such a degree that the recipient thinks I'm an idiot with too much money. I therefore attempt to maintain a 'tipping status quo' and follow convention of what Thai's may tip in a similar situation.

seriously, debating over 20-40b. the driver probably only gets 6k a month, and risks their life on the chaos that are the pattaya roads, tip them. stop being a cheap ****

+1

20-40 bath is fair to tip, most of the driver says many thanks but one looked disappointed.

I do tip these delivery guys even when there is charge but I still would like to know whether the driver is getting the charge. That might effect the amount I tip. I don't like being in the dark about such things and of course we usually are.

Many on this board see things only one way.. theirs... Either their way or the highway. No room for your opinion here.. I have answered now close the thread.

Edited by Jayman

Many on this board see things only one way.. theirs... Either their way or the highway. No room for your opinion here.. I have answered now close the thread.

You on the other hand have yet to make a positive contribution to the thread. Sharpen up!

Edit: Just to add I think its mostly a thankless job taking abuse from other motorists, their employer and customers. All for basement wages. Hence I always tip them.

Edited by smokie36

The correct answer is 30-40 Baht.

Next....

Who decided that ?

I'm saving you 10 pages of snoring. But I should have added if you can't afford 30-40 Baht then give nothing. Simples!

If you tip too much you will make it profitable enough for the mafia to move in and make a racket out of it.

15 deliveries a night? x 20 baht tip per = minimum wage in tips.

Next....

Who decided that ?

I'm saving you 10 pages of snoring. But I should have added if you can't afford 30-40 Baht then give nothing. Simples!

If you tip too much you will make it profitable enough for the mafia to move in and make a racket out of it.

15 deliveries a night? x 20 baht tip per = minimum wage in tips.

Its OK. There are more than enough cheap charlies in Pattaya tipping zero.

Next....

Who decided that ?

Its OK. There are more than enough cheap charlies in Pattaya tipping zero.

Well I normally leave the change that is not a 100b note. seems I have been over paying then, I'll leave nothing now on the good advice of TV members.

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity