Would You Feel Comfortable With....

Semper

Let's assume that you are a 70 +/- 5 year old male person who come to stay in Thailand for a longer holiday (3-4 months). Have a rent-a-friend that's 40 years younger (nothing wrong with that if "short-time") But some of these guys keep this "friend" for their whole holiday. Meaning they are going out together (holding hands) visiting restaurants, shopping malls etc. Don't they feel embarrased or is it just the old age that's kicking in. What do you guys think?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see some gross old farang who dresses like someone 30 years younger, white hair with a ponytail, like some Hells Angel from a bygone era, holding hands with a Thai lady who looks like a bargirl on vacation, I want to puke.

Right or wrong I just can’t help finding it embarrassing, especially when I notice the many Thai people turning their heads and staring at the odd looking couple as they walk passed.

Not saying it`s wrong, it`s just how it makes me feel at the visual sight of them.

Every time I see some gross old farang who dresses like someone 30 years younger, white hair with a ponytail, like some Hells Angel from a bygone era, holding hands with a Thai lady who looks like a bargirl on vacation, I want to puke.

Right or wrong I just can’t help finding it embarrassing, especially when I notice the many Thai people turning their heads and staring at the odd looking couple as they walk passed.

Not saying it`s wrong, it`s just how it makes me feel at the visual sight of them.

that's someones papa in the pic mate angry.png

It's not.

I think you ignore any looks that you get and get on with enjoying life and the relationship. If however someone comments or takes a photo then be prepared to take issue, which is what I think that gentlemen in BJ's photo is about to to do, bad move BJ, best stick to temples and the like for future shots!

Just as an aside, it's a really dangerous game trying to judge others and guess their age, is he 70 +/- 5 or is he 50 +/- 5, appearances can be massively deceptive - ditto the Asian companion, that's an even worse gamble, the guesser could well be off by thirty years or more! Go for it at your peril but you'll be a braver man than I gunga din.

It's not.

so it's you is it?

It's not.

so it's you is it?

I wish it was.

so you started this thread as you plan to grow a white beard, get a big gut, buy a chang singlet and a pair of shorts that should really be sported in the gymnasium only....then go get yourself a 35kg tirak to hold hands with and you're wasting time replying to me

So how do you feel about the old farang gays wondering around with their pay boys dutifully 3 paces behind ???

Could also be Mama................

so you started this thread as you plan to grow a white beard, get a big gut, buy a chang singlet and a pair of shorts that should really be sported in the gymnasium only....then go get yourself a 35kg tirak to hold hands with and you're wasting time replying to me

...and this is exactly the reply I was expecting from you. BTW. time is all I have. cool.png

I really don't care anymore. I have seen geezers with young tarts, geezers with ladyboys, geezers with old tarts, geezers with young guys, geezers with nice looking chicks, geezers with mugged up chicks... The geezers seem to populate all areas of nightlife and as long as both parties are happy, I really do not concern myself with the details.

I really don't care anymore. I have seen geezers with young tarts, geezers with ladyboys, geezers with old tarts, geezers with young guys, geezers with nice looking chicks, geezers with mugged up chicks... The geezers seem to populate all areas of nightlife and as long as both parties are happy, I really do not concern myself with the details.

Yes, but the question was would you feel comfortable/not embarrased doing it. smile.png

If it were me, I would feel embarrassed walking out in public holding hands or appearing intimate with a Thai girl young enough to be my granddaughter. It`s different when I am out and about with my own children, because unfortunately for them, they look like me and everyone knows they are my kids.

Again, I am not out to preach all that is right and goodness, it`s just that in my case, I would not feel comfortable being in those sorts of relationships or really want to be. I believe these sort of things should stay in the bar where they belong.

I know for a fact I would be embarrassed.About 5 years ago a thai friend told me a worker in the shop next to me wanted me to meet his sister who lived just outside of Khon Khan. I hopped a bus to go meet her. Well was I shocked when an old rustedout pickup stopped at my hotel and this women ( I would have called her a girl) ran out to meet me. I swear she looked 16 but was told she was 21, by her father who drove her to Khon Khan. They told me I should not have got a room in Khon Khan because they wanted me to stay at a hotel near their village. So they took me to the mall to get to spend sometime with them and get to know the woman/girl.

I just wanted to get on the bus and leave but couldnot be so rude.We went to the mall the woman/girl wanted to play they electronic games they have there for kids and have pictures taken and put hearts all over them.She tried to hold my hand and hold my arm I kept twisting out of her grip. I was so embarrassed,I was worried people might think I actualy was interested in her.I had them take me back to my hotel. After they left I called them later that evening and said I had to leave and couldnot see them again tomorrow. I didnot even wait for the next day I caught a bus back that night.

I could never even in my wildest dreams go with someone thats looks so young. I was actually in a cold sweat just being in the mall with her father and her.I never want to be in that situation again.

I don’t think Thais bother about the age difference between a couple as long as they are respectable and behave in a decent manner. Maybe we expats read too much into what was accepted in the ancient Thai history which the young generation Thais don’t even seems to know about. BTW, quit so often I meet elderly Thai men with a young bride and not to forget all the mias parked in relatively top end condominiums around Thailand waiting for the Bank manager,MP or General for the weekend.

...and this is exactly the reply I was expecting from you. BTW. time is all I have. cool.png

ain't that obvious

I don’t think Thais bother about the age difference between a couple as long as they are respectable and behave in a decent manner. Maybe we expats read too much into what was accepted in the ancient Thai history which the young generation Thais don’t even seems to know about. BTW, quit so often I meet elderly Thai men with a young bride and not to forget all the mias parked in relatively top end condominiums around Thailand waiting for the Bank manager,MP or General for the weekend.

I have ever only seen 2 young thai girls with old thai men. The first got into a top of the range merc. The 2nd was prancing around at nakorn nayok waterfalls with her old fella with rolled up trousers taking pics of her posing.

I have seen over 1 milion old western guys with young girls. many border line ped...........s.

Edited by maiphedmaiaroi

I have ever only seen 2 young thai girls with old thai men. The first got into a top of the range merc. The 2nd was prancing around at nakorn nayok waterfalls with her old fella with rolled up trousers taking pics of her posing.

I have seen over 1 milion old western guys with young girls. many border line ped...........s.

Thai's are quite discreet and it's harder to spot but no less common. Classic case; I was walking out of a Villa last week a few steps behind another customer, a Thai gentleman, smartly dressed, in his 50s. A really stunning University girl was outside the entrance and I saw her turn to address the man, in Thai, which prompted him to ask 'Have you been waiting long?', and off they went. Nice.

I have removed a picture posted for privacy issue.

And will also take this opportunity to remind everyone that yes it's a forum to exchange views, share ideas and such. But it is not meant as a place to throw insults at others.

So please remember to keep it civil

I met and married my Thai wife in the US over twenty years ago, my wife is a couple years older then myself although you would never have guessed it. I do not try to look any younger or older then my age nor does my wife but we have met plenty of Thais and foreigners while in Thailand that are surprised when my wife or I tell them that we are married.

My Thai wife and I are both in our fifties.

Sometimes when Thais have met us for the first time, (not all) they automatically assume that the wife is my mother in law. Not because my wife looks older than me, but for the reason that they assume most middle-aged or elderly farangs living in Thailand all marry Thai women that are much younger. Even a few of our neighbors that know us quite well, believe that I must have a younger girl hidden away somewhere, a minor wife, which I don`t.

Our Felt 35 who quotes; *I don’t think Thais bother about the age difference between a couple as long as they are respectable and behave in a decent manner* is not strictly true. Maybe this applies to Thais but farangs have gained a reputation here.

Our maiphedmaiaroi quoted that; I have seen over 1 milion old western guys with young girls. many border line ped...........s* and I agree with him. Appearance wise it`s obscene. I believe that in Cambodia it is now against the law for farangs 50 and over to marry a Cambodian citizen in Cambodia after complaints for these very same reasons.

Leave the old codgers alone to live out their golden years in whatever fantasy they can muster and afford. They are trying to re-capture part of their youth and Thailand is the outlet. The women are willing participants in the arrangement. Besides, you don't want to go messing with Thailand's GDP, now do you? drunk.gif

• Like 2