Own A Tab Now, But Who Will Teach Me Android ?

THAILIBAN

Okay, so now I hold this brand-new Samsung TAB in my hands, allegedly the most sophisticated Android Tab on the market so far (7.7), and actually not available in Thailand yet (but regarding software, nearly the same as the 7" and the 10.1)

How lovely !

Sadly, I have absolutely NO CLUE how to use any kind of Smartphone/Tablet.

I was never able to connect a mobile phone to the internet via WAP, never used any WiFi with a phone, even miserably failed to download a ringtone :-/

So now I am looking for a (Thai?) person with both a lot of Knowledge in Android/Samsung as well as PATIENCE who can give me lessons how to use this little Sweetie.

I am based in BKK but would not mind to go to PTY for a few days. 3-4 hrs a day or so, for a couple of days if needed, at any time of the day.

cost must be reasonable as my budget is limited, that's why I wonder if anybody knows a Thai student maybe, who is a techno-geek and could do this to earn a few Extra-Baht. the good thing is: I am not outright stupid when it comes to Computers/IT, I just need someone to teach me properly, then I will usually learn quickly.

If anybody thinks he can help me with that or give me a hint, then pls send me a PM or post something here.

I could start tomorrow as I already own the device. At any coffee-shop, hotel lounge or whereever suitable.

I can go almost anywhere if necessary...

Thanks for the link, JUSTSUMHELP, I should have mentioned before that I am not interested in Videos or books (have all that, had all that, it does not help me much), I need a HUMAN BEING right by my side whom I can ASK anything silly and not so silly at any given moment.

thanks for your "very useful comment", Maprao, that's a typical answer from one of the "oh we are so smart - Techno-geeks".

I acknowledge, that you never in your life needed some teaching or tutoring in any field.

sadly, I am less smart as you..... so still hoping to find such a person as described, and then, Maprao, in a few months, I will show you my acquired skills jap.gif

Edited by THAILIBAN

it has been available in Thailand for 7 days.. and if you need some help ok.. but really it is fairly easy and the Youtube etc are a good start. It can get VERY complicated when you start looking at different apps etc.

Maybe give us an idea what you are hoping to achieve.

Hello thaicbr, thanks for your contribution.

I have been to the Samsung-Flagship store at Paragon just 2 days ago on Saturday, and they did NOT sell it there (I asked) and they as well had no accessories of any kind (wanted to buy the Original Samsung book-cover-case).

at MBK the same: no 7.7 to be found, only a few Dummies for show, though one dealer told me they "have it somewhere" (in Singapore Export-models are already being sold in online-shops such as sgbest) and can sell it "under the table".

Bbut I only wanted to buy accessories anyway, and after inquiring at about 20 Shops, including showing them a print-out from Samsung.hk's website, I gave up.

what I want to achieve: Well, simply make most use of it, and that of course does include handling plenty of apps.

I was expecting that this will produce a "yawn" from most experienced Gadget-users here in TV, so that why I was asking if somebody maybe know a Thai student or so, who would be eager to earn a few extra-Baht. but if I find a Farang with patience and who is willing to do that at a reasonable rate (stretched my budget spending 5.088 HKD for the 7.7 already), then of course will agree to that.

maybe I will learn quicker than expected.

but the thing is, and I have experienced it this way all my life: I need a HUMANG BEING I can ask a lot of things. A book or Video may be useful to some, but I am a learner who needs some1 by my side, then I will quickly adopt things.

Edited by THAILIBAN

Forget about it,you will never learn.

As a gesture of my kindness I will offer you 5000 Baht for that tab that's not available anywhere.

there is an error in the currency you wanted to offer, right ? I am sure you wanted to offer me 5.000 €.

will think about it then.

oh, BTW, did you ever hear about the saying: "If you have nothing good to say, better say nothing at all....."

As a gesture of my kindness I will offer you 5000 Baht for that tab that's not available anywhere.

there is an error in the currency you wanted to offer, right ? I am sure you wanted to offer me 5.000 €.

oh, BTW, did you ever hear about the saying: "If you have nothing good to say, better say nothing at all....."

Have you ever heard about the saying : dreamers live in a happy world.

Or .... Difficult to explain a joke to a piece of concrete.

By the way,the 7.7 was introduced on the mobile expo last week.

http://www.mobiledista.com/mobile-expo-2012-closing-price-of-galaxy-tab-7-7-will-be-19900-baht/

Have you ever heard about the saying : dreamers live in a happy world.

Or .... Difficult to explain a joke to a piece of concrete.

By the way,the 7.7 was introduced on the mobile expo last week.

http://www.mobiledis...-be-19900-baht/

well, then better tell that to the Samsung flagship store at Paragon, I am sure they love to hear from such a Super-dooper-expert.

how good for this planet, that we have such superior people as you.

and thank you for ridiculing other users that are not as smart as you (well, in use of smartphones, that is).

but I guess that was your purpose from the very first minute here......

I think you did, JAN.

why trying to ridicule the OP, when you actually can not or do not want to assist him.

just a harmless topic resulting in a catfight.

the OP just wanted to find a tutor to teach him Android, and not start a discussion about release dates of IT-products

Edited by siam2007

I agree with all the other posters who've mentioned Youtube. We've all started at out zero so have had to learn. The amount and breadth of knowledge shared in Youtube videos is amazing.

Maybe take a look at some? They don't have to be 7.7 specific as the Honeycomb (Android 3.x) interface is relatively consistent across the Samsung Tabs.

Hello thaicbr, thanks for your contribution.

I have been to the Samsung-Flagship store at Paragon just 2 days ago on Saturday, and they did NOT sell it there (I asked) and they as well had no accessories of any kind (wanted to buy the Original Samsung book-cover-case).

at MBK the same: no 7.7 to be found, only a few Dummies for show, though one dealer told me they "have it somewhere" (in Singapore Export-models are already being sold in online-shops such as sgbest) and can sell it "under the table".

Bbut I only wanted to buy accessories anyway, and after inquiring at about 20 Shops, including showing them a print-out from Samsung.hk's website, I gave up.

what I want to achieve: Well, simply make most use of it, and that of course does include handling plenty of apps.

I was expecting that this will produce a "yawn" from most experienced Gadget-users here in TV, so that why I was asking if somebody maybe know a Thai student or so, who would be eager to earn a few extra-Baht. but if I find a Farang with patience and who is willing to do that at a reasonable rate (stretched my budget spending 5.088 HKD for the 7.7 already), then of course will agree to that.

maybe I will learn quicker than expected.

but the thing is, and I have experienced it this way all my life: I need a HUMANG BEING I can ask a lot of things. A book or Video may be useful to some, but I am a learner who needs some1 by my side, then I will quickly adopt things.

TL.. i was at MBK just last week and on the 4th floor they had lots of cases for the 7.7 i actually found a samsung branded one while looking for a case for my 7 tab.

you have to go into the tech area at the far end (the tight bit with lots of phone stalls) The place was on the right hand side wall at the end, a small place stacked with cases.

Strange that the samsung store had none.. i would imagine sold out.. At the expo it was packed around the samsung stands. and it sold for 18,900 on the day.

Note.. your tab is on Honeycomb (which is easy enough) most people are familiar with froyo and gingerbread that they have had on their phones. Honeycomb is a tab only version of android.

Edited by thaicbr

OP Android is very intuitive --- just play with your device and experiment. Think of one task at a time you would like to perform, google that task, learn the task from whatever source and move on. My son, 9, mastered it in about one week. Tuition not required just a basic ability to comprehend what you expect from the device ands an ability to use google.

• Like 1