Problem With Windows/ Yahoo

richb2004

I need help from all you PC buffs please.

I can no longer add attachments of any sort to my Yahoo email service.

Neither photographs nor word text files will attach, no matter how long I allow the computer to try. Also I now have to do everything twice on my Yahoo account i.e. send an email then hit BACK button and send again. I opened a hotmail account and it is a little better. Sometimes I can attach files and sometimes it crashes out on me whilst I try. However I have attached pictures to postings in ThaiVisa without any problem. I have asked Yahoo, but they aren’t very helpful. The problem seems to have started when I switched to broadband, but I am not 100% that that is when it started. My broadband connection also seems to have slowed a little and has minor glitches.

I thought that I would try you guys before I called TOT or got someone in. I manage to solve most of my problems to some extent using advice from ThaiVisa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank.

Neither photographs nor word text files will attach, no matter how long I allow the computer to try. Also I now have to do everything twice on my Yahoo account i.e. send an email then hit BACK button and send again. I opened a hotmail account and it is a little better. Sometimes I can attach files and sometimes it crashes out on me whilst I try. However I have attached pictures to postings in ThaiVisa without any problem. I have asked Yahoo, but they aren’t very helpful. The problem seems to have started when I switched to broadband, but I am not 100% that that is when it started. My broadband connection also seems to have slowed a little and has minor glitches.

I thought that I would try you guys before I called TOT or got someone in. I manage to solve most of my problems to some extent using advice from ThaiVisa.

Thank.

What crashes, the browser? or the Pc? or does the page just time out?

It may be an antivirus program at yahoo, could be the time that you were trying to do it. The internet is really busy these days with it being xmas.

Which yahoo service are you using? .com, .uk, aus?

Could be a authentication issue.

Try zipping up the pics in one file using winrar or winzip, see if that works.

Are you using OS X ?,

Thank.

It may be an antivirus program at yahoo, could be the time that you were trying to do it. The internet is really busy these days with it being xmas.

Are you using OS X ?,

Thanks for the help.

How do I empty my cache?

When I try to attach pics or text files to Yahoo starts to do it but never stops, even if I wait for an hour. With Hotmail it some times lets me attach one file but does pretty much the same as Yahoo if I try more i.e. when I 'crl+alt+dlt' I am told that Hotmail is not running (or word to that effect). Some times it doesn't let me even attach one file.

I am using Yahoo.co.uk and Hotmail.com.

With Yahoo I also have to do everything twice to make it function. I type a mail and press SEND. I get a blank email template. I press BACK to retrieve the mail and then press SEND again. This time it goes. This happens every time.

Thanks again for any help.

Thank.

Are you using OS X ?,

Thanks for the help.

How do I empty my cache?

When I try to attach pics or text files to Yahoo starts to do it but never stops, even if I wait for an hour. With Hotmail it some times lets me attach one file but does pretty much the same as Yahoo if I try more i.e. when I 'crl+alt+dlt' I am told that Hotmail is not running (or word to that effect). Some times it doesn't let me even attach one file.

I am using Yahoo.co.uk and Hotmail.com.

With Yahoo I also have to do everything twice to make it function. I type a mail and press SEND. I get a blank email template. I press BACK to retrieve the mail and then press SEND again. This time it goes. This happens every time.

Thanks again for any help.

Since you're asking "how" that means you NEED to do it. :o

Go to tools, internet options, you should see "DELETE FILES" in the middle, click it, when it opens make sure you put check in "DELETE ALL OFFLINE CONTENT". Then let it delete, may take you a couple of seconds. :D Then click DELETE COOKIES.

Then on same TEMP INET FILES section click settings, when it opens make sure you have at least 80megs for cache. You really dont need anything larger, just make sure you clear it every few days, you can also set it to clear when you CLOSE browser. But thats another setting for another day.

One other thing you should do is open explorer, got to DOCS and Settings, and in EVERY directory in that folder find the "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURFOLDER NAME HERE\Local Settings\Temp folder and delet whats in there.

You will probably have a few directorys like Admin, all user, default user etc etc, just go to the \Local Settings\Temp folder for each and delete whats in there, some may be empty.

try that, see what happens.