2012 Cbr 1000 Rr

SumetCycle

Sorry to say this Mr Sumet and I'm not instigating an argument.

But I just want to understand why you went for the Thai speck bike Vs’ the imported bike with its full whammy of power.... You are obviously chasing the dream of attaining 'full power'

Some would say they bought the Thai spec bike because they feel more comfortable that it has a year or so warranty.

But modifying it with a 3rd party ignition and fuel modules will void such a warranty, hence the reason Big Wing wanted nothing to do with such a modification

IMO a stock import would be more reliable than a Thai speck bike that's been fettled and had Joe Blogs play around with the bike's ignition and fuel maps....

Karl

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the final dyno for my bike. 99.40 N-M converts to 73.3 ft lb, which is pretty close to the 77.24 ft lb that Motorcycle U.S.A gave it.

That's hp graph looks a bit of a mess, not very smooth above 9500rpm and would be a handful to push hard at the track. Here's my Dyno numbers from Dirt shop which reads really low. Blue line is bone stock 08 CBR1000 and Red line is with full Yoshi, IRC and PCIII.

post-113955-0-86965300-1357367396_thumb.

This Dyno chart is from the Tyga Dyno,

Green line - 2012 CBR1000, full Yoshi, zbomb and bazzaz Zfi

Red line - 08 CBR1000, full akra, zbomb and bazzaz Zfi, modified head and cams

post-113955-0-25323200-1357367601_thumb.

Yes, yours looks much smoother. The stock reading from the Dirt Shop dyno looks a bit messy after 9,500 RPM as well. Anything I can do to improve mine?

The US spec bikes are restricted above 10,500rpm and that's what you see in the stock graph, the IRC-1 or zbomb makes it full spec but you need a fuel controller (power commander or bazzaz) to fix the fueling. What are you using to adjust fuel? If you haven't adjusted the fuel map then you'll be running really lean up top, do. Have an AFR graph?

Big Wing mentioned a problem with the fuel map right after I installed the full spec power converter. I had no speedo readings and the engine warning light was stuck on. Not sure how they adjusted it, but the speedo is back and the warning light hasn't come on since. I'll ask them about a AFR graph next time I go there.

Sorry to say this Mr Sumet and I'm not instigating an argument.

But I just want to understand why you went for the Thai speck bike Vs’ the imported bike with its full whammy of power.... You are obviously chasing the dream of attaining 'full power'

Some would say they bought the Thai spec bike because they feel more comfortable that it has a year or so warranty.

But modifying it with a 3rd party ignition and fuel modules will void such a warranty, hence the reason Big Wing wanted nothing to do with such a modification

IMO a stock import would be more reliable than a Thai speck bike that's been fettled and had Joe Blogs play around with the bike's ignition and fuel maps....

Karl

When I first bought the bike I wanted the warranty, full dealer support, and a guarantee that the bike could be quickly registered and plated. Red Baron told me it would take 6 or 7 months to get a plate. Big Wing had the bike registered and plated within a month. I was going to wait for the warranty to run out and then derestrict it, but after a while decided to take a chance and do it early. I have learned a lot and quite enjoyed the experience.

Yes, Big Wing didn't want to install the full spec power converter, but they did readjust the fuel map after it was installed. The person who installed the full spec power converter used to work for Honda Racing and now owns his own shop (Big Ban Modify Shop). He certainly knew what he was doing.

• Like 1

AFR is the most important graph to have, please make sure it's right before you give the bike any beans with its new tune.

I of course lost the warranty on the engine, but Big Wing assured me that everything was fine with the bike and the mods I made. I've put a few thousand trouble free kilometers since I have made all the mods. I even rode from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur and back without any problems. However, I am still very curious to see the AFR graph. Thanks for the advice.

Brian

• Like 1

Sounds like Big Wing is the place to be.

Great building

Dyno

And an experienced mechanic(s) to set bikes up.

I'm sure Kawasaki will be looking to improve their showrooms sometime soon or at least open one that's more maintenance orientated.

• Like 2

AFR is the most important graph to have, please make sure it's right before you give the bike any beans with its new tune.

I of course lost the warranty on the engine, but Big Wing assured me that everything was fine with the bike and the mods I made. I've put a few thousand trouble free kilometers since I have made all the mods. I even rode from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur and back without any problems. However, I am still very curious to see the AFR graph. Thanks for the advice.

Brian

I'm not sure where the jap spec restriction starts RPM wise but my guess its not until around 9k, so just highway riding wouldn't hurt too much if you're running lean above that RPM. But if you we're constantly racing around and redlining then I see an issue. Unless your aftermarket power up kit has fuel adjustment I'm not sure how BigWing would adjust the fuel. Stock ECU is not adjustable unless u reflash.

Mmm it seems like there is alot more to it than just adding fuel controllers/maps,exhausts etc to try and get these bikes running smooth and delivering full power i know the dyno reads low but 130 bhp is still alittle way of from what it should be.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yes, about 20 HP at the rear wheel assuming the dyno was accurate. Still more than enough power for a noob like me though.

Sounds like Big Wing is the place to be.

Great building

Dyno

And an experienced mechanic(s) to set bikes up.

I'm sure Kawasaki will be looking to improve their showrooms sometime soon or at least open one that's more maintenance orientated.

They really are great. The mechanics are very professional and meticulous in their work. Up to western standards for sure. They also had free trips to Kao Yai and to Malaysia to watch the Moto GP.

Brian

I'm not sure where the jap spec restriction starts RPM wise but my guess its not until around 9k, so just highway riding wouldn't hurt too much if you're running lean above that RPM. But if you we're constantly racing around and redlining then I see an issue. Unless your aftermarket power up kit has fuel adjustment I'm not sure how BigWing would adjust the fuel. Stock ECU is not adjustable unless u reflash.

The power up kit having a fuel adjustment makes sense. So when you put it on the power up kit it is telling the bike to do something that the restricted ECU was not programmed to do, hence the engine warning light. I remember that the error code they got when I went to Big Wing was related to the fuel map. Perhaps they just bypassed this particular warning somehow to get rid of the warning light. When I first got the bike, I was afraid to go anywhere 9,000 RPM. Now that I have more confidence, I have been getting it up to redline from time to time. I am kind of worried though, and will run this all by the mechanics when I go to Big Wing next week.

Brian

The power up kit having a fuel adjustment makes sense. So when you put it on the power up kit it is telling the bike to do something that the restricted ECU was not programmed to do, hence the engine warning light. I remember that the error code they got when I went to Big Wing was related to the fuel map. Perhaps they just bypassed this particular warning somehow to get rid of the warning light. When I first got the bike, I was afraid to go anywhere 9,000 RPM. Now that I have more confidence, I have been getting it up to redline from time to time. I am kind of worried though, and will run this all by the mechanics when I go to Big Wing next week.

Think it would be a good idea to put a Bazzaz Zfi system on it so u can tune the fuel properly, even the HRC ECU is a PITA to adjust the fuel and most people (including myself and Luke) just use power commander or bazzaz with it. According to what you've posted before you should have everything switched over to be full spec now you're just left with ECU problems (ignition timing and fuel) is what it looks like. Too bad it got HISS or you could test one of my ECU's. Luke has full HRC wire harness and ECU but then you would lose your lights.