Tax And Other Fees For Goods Coming From China

I'm in the need of a professional kitchen specialized appliance usually found only in Italy, but I've found acompany in Guanzou that sell exactly the same machine (copied) for a similar price of the original.

What custom duties, VAT etc I'm expected to pay from something coming from Pop.Rep. of China?

It is not the case that goods from all origins have the same tax... Thailand has Free trade agreements with some countries and ASEAN has free trade Agreements with others...

Countries with sepcial provledges are China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand and all other Asean countries.

In order to receive duty reductions, shiplment must provide the correct certificate of origin form... for example.. FORM E form China or FORM D from other ASEAN country or FORM AI from India or FORM AK from Korea etc....

Also not all goods receive duty reductions. In order to check, you would need to know the proper tariff code (HS Code) and can then check the general duty rate (all countries) and compare to the Duty rate under the applicable FTA to see if it is less.

Also it is a myth that duty rate changes depending upon whether or not importer is a company or a Thai person...

The only way for a THai person to receive any special duty reduction is in the case that they are importing their household goods after returining from overseas ... and they must have been living in the origin couyntry for at least 1 yr and it is not a blanket duty exemption, but only covers those items with are "reasonably required when moving your household"

I'd suggest you send a message to Raro who knows all about these things. Also, if you want to take advantage of the China-ASEAN trade agreement to possibly get your import tariffs reduced then you may need to ask the manufacturer to provide you with Form E (Certificate of Origin). Speak to your shipping agent (or whoever you will be using to help get the goods cleared from customs) first though because for some reason the tariffs on certain goods are higher if you have Form E than if you don't. If your shipping agent tells you that you will save money if you have Form E then ask the manufacturer to send you a draft copy before issuing the original and get your shipping agent (or whoever) to check all the details. It seems even the smallest of errors on the form can sometimes invalidate it. In any event, start speaking to someone who knows what their talking about to get the ball rolling.

just because the Chinese "professional" kitchen specialized appliance looks the same does not mean it will work the same or have the lifespan of the European made one ,

I would find a way to get it from Europe if you are going to use it for work ,

Most of the Chinese copy stuff is Junk , just look at the copy iPhones !

BK

Thank you for all the input. My guess was that being in the Asean market, imported good have a better deal.

just because the Chinese "professional" kitchen specialized appliance looks the same does not mean it will work the same or have the lifespan of the European made one ,

I would find a way to get it from Europe if you are going to use it for work ,

Most of the Chinese copy stuff is Junk , just look at the copy iPhones !

BK

In 10 years of my business here I got most of my professional kitchen appliances locally, most (if not all) are made in China: slice machine, orbital mixer, electronic oven, vacuum machine, meat grinder, etc. Everything is still working fine, only normal maintenance issues. Not everything coming from China is rubbish. The giant is growing. Look at the quality of the stuff coming from Japan and Korea, at the beginning were poor and copied, now they are the state of the art. Give a few more years to China...

Watch for exhibitions at IMPACT, BITEC and Queen Sirikut, among others.

Last month at BITEC there was an exhibition of restaurant, hotel and other hospitality and food service goods. Also, the BOI exhibition at IMPACT had a lot of interesting things I've seen requested on the TV forums. I'm not in the market so I can't speak to prices, terms, etc. But they did have some cool stuff and a lot of Europeans (and Chinese) manning the booths...