Bangkok Readies Itself For Huge New Aquarium

george

Bangkok readies itself for huge new aquarium

BANGKOK: -- Siam Ocean World - billed as South-East Asia's largest aquarium - expects to attract 1,55 million visitors during its first year of operation, making it a major new tourism draw for Bangkok, operators said on Wednesday.

The new aquarium, which required a 1,2-billion baht (about R1820-million) investment by the Oceanis Australia Group, plans a grand opening on Friday presided over by Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindorn.

"We believe that the opening of Siam Ocean World will be a significant event of the Thai tourism industry because it will be the first time that Thailand has an urban aquarium with world-class construction and operation technologies," said Siam Ocean World general manager Geoff Olson.

The aquarium, situated on the first two floors of the Siam Paragon - the capital's newest upmarket shopping centre - takes up 10 000 square metres of space.

On display are more than 30 000 sea creatures from 400 different species.

It is the most recent and most expensive investment by the Australia-based Oceanis group, which already operates aquariums in Queensland and Victoria in Australia, and Shanghai and Pusan in Asia.

-- SAPA-DPA 2005-12-07

If you need translation of Rinrada's post, Siam Paragon will have its opening day Friday Dec. 9, which should have lots of entertaining weirdness. I will be there for sure. Take Skytrain to Siam station and look north. There it is, and yes it is big. You can't miss it. Then you might want to take Skytrain one or two stops south on Silom line to Lumpini Park to balance shopping with political awareness and give Sondhi some support as he battles with the forces of Toxic dictatorship.

If you need translation of Rinrada's post, Siam Paragon will have its opening day Friday Dec. 9, which should have lots of entertaining weirdness. I will be there for sure. Take Skytrain to Siam station and look north. There it is, and yes it is big. You can't miss it. Then you might want to take Skytrain one or two stops south on Silom line to Lumpini Park to balance shopping with political awareness and give Sondhi some support as he battles with the forces of Toxic dictatorship.

I think that's precisely my line up for tomorrow.

Can't wait til the aquarium opens, just need to blag some free tickets now. :o

:o:D:D:D That really did make me laugh out loud. Just wondered whether the aquarium was part of the shopping centre (the Central in Chang Mai had a rather nice blue fish tank to look at last time we were there no looking charge!)

I could take along my drivers licence to get nationals price!

Does anyone know if there is a looking charge?

280 Baht for children and 450 Baht for adults.

It is opening tomorrow and Siam Paragon is expecting 200,000 people to be at the shopping complex for the Grand Opening.

I will be very happy if they open tomorrow. I was inside the mall less than 24 hours ago, and it looked like it was still 2-3 weeks from opening up. 10,000 VIPS’s are arriving in the morning, hence it MUST open to save face! 60% of the retail stores are expected to be open with the remaing 40% to be open in Feb.

www.sunbeltasia.com

I will be very happy if they open tomorrow. I was inside the mall less than 24 hours ago, and it looked like it was still 2-3 weeks from opening up. 10,000 VIPS’s are arriving in the morning, hence it MUST open to save face! 60% of the retail stores are expected to be open with the remaing 40% to be open in Feb.

Left there at 4:30 this morning. What a sight. Must of still been 5,000 workers still working very hard. Siam Paragon will make the opening for today. I feel I have seen the 8th Wonder of the World! A month ago, I would of put the odds of opening on the 9th of December at .00001% Thais certainly are a VERY hard working group. Well done Thailand!

The girls working at the Suan lum night bazaar Beer garden are hot. Nice place to have some booze, but are these Women really available?

Yeah, by available I mean you have to have a chat and joke with them, try for the phone number etc. the normal way. :D

No bar fine or anything dude. :D

What Im saying is that they are pretty ready to give out their number. Course I'm young and handsome and have the cutting wit of Blackadder. :o

In reality, more like the appearance of Baldrick and his droll wit.... :D

Sorry, Madness, I just couldn't resist it..... :D

The girls working at the Suan lum night bazaar Beer garden are hot. Nice place to have some booze, but are these Women really available?

Yeah, by available I mean you have to have a chat and joke with them, try for the phone number etc. the normal way. :D

No bar fine or anything dude. :D

What Im saying is that they are pretty ready to give out their number. Course I'm young and handsome and have the cutting wit of Blackadder. :o

In reality, more like the appearance of Baldrick and his droll wit.... :D

Sorry, Madness, I just couldn't resist it..... :D

:D:D

I love that !