Sex Accused Aussie Demands New Passport

george

Aussie in Thailand demands new passport

BANGKOK: -- An former Australian policeman is demanding a new passport after Thai authorities dropped child sex charges against him.

Last month's decision not to prosecute Christopher Ronald White, 46 of Perth, was taken by prosecutors in the northern city of Chiang Mai on the grounds of insufficient evidence.

White has denied any wrongdoing.

His passport was cancelled by Australian authorities after his arrest several months ago.

He has been given consular assistance by the Australian embassy in Bangkok, and it is understood he has visited the embassy to demand that a new travel document be issued to him.

--AAP / theage.com.au 2005-12-07

Related News - Original story:

Aussie Man Held In Thailand On Child Sex Rap

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42951

Give him the passport and get him the hel_l out of Thailand. Maybe he's innocent but you don't usually get arrested for child rape charges for nothing. As my grandma used to say, "Where there is smoke there is fire." Hope the Thai authorities won't let him back in.

Give him the passport and get him the hel_l out of Thailand. Maybe he's innocent but you don't usually get arrested for child rape charges for nothing. As my grandma used to say, "Where there is smoke there is fire." Hope the Thai authorities won't let him back in.

Yeah, I tend to agree. However, I feel the Australian government raced to judgment by canceling his passport before he was even tried, let alone convicted of a crime. Here in America we are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

A jury here in Tampa just found Samy Al-Arian not guilty of charges against him, even though he is clearly a member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad leadership. The government had lots of suspicious looking evidence, but nothing proving him guilty of a crime.

Let's not rush to judgement here.

There's another possibility.

Perhaps this is a family of unscrupulous opportunists who wanted money from this guy.

Something like:

"You gives us this much money. Or we'll tell our daughter to say that you raped her. We know that this will ruin you. Whether you're found guilty or not, we know that nobody will believe you. After all, you're a foreign man in Thailand who was in custody of a Thai girl. Give us the money, or we will ruin you."

Not exactly far-fetched. Why was there not enough evidence? Lack of credibility of the accusers?

Let's not hang him yet guys.

Let's not rush to judgement here. 

There's another possibility.

Perhaps this is a family of unscrupulous opportunists who wanted money from this guy.

Something like:

"You gives us this much money.  Or we'll tell our daughter to say that you raped her.  We know that this will ruin you.  Whether you're found guilty or not, we know that nobody will believe you.  After all, you're a foreign man in Thailand who was in custody of a Thai girl.  Give us the money, or we will ruin you."

Not exactly far-fetched.  Why was there not enough evidence?  Lack of credibility of the accusers? 

Let's not hang him yet guys.

I am not convinced that there was ever any evidence against this guy. I understand that he had differences with a Thai (or Thais) and the accusation was made as a "get back" at him.

As for the quote of "godforhire" in saying that "you don't usually get arrested for child rape charges for nothing" it would seem that you know very little about how things work in LOS.

The cops waded in and then had to drop the charges because they had no evidence.....TIT

If everyone "the majority anyway" (expat) in the Realm was charged over some imagined crime the courts would grind to a standstill.

I say give him his passport back and get off his back. He has not been found guilty of any misdemeanor. Get on with your life Mr. White

Whatever the truth is, he will come under police scrutiny once he arrives back in Australia.

Although he may not have a conviction recorded against him, a file will be created showing him as a suspect paedophile.

He already has a history I believe there is more to the story than meets the eye. We should not judge him thats for sure, don't you remember a fella in Chang Mai bought a business handed police info on this gent some 3 years ago and nothing was done until now.

Maybe he ( Mr White excop) missed a payment, looks like he has caught up with his back payments + some, all well that ends well - pity the young girl and of course the young girls family who he hadn't paid they (dad) will have been compensated accordingly. TiT. ( the other daughters farang paid dad regularly nothing heard about him in police reports) There is more than one guilty party here.

Edited by mijan24

Mr. Godforhire in my eyes you are guiltier than this man.

You are a self proclaimed judge this we know, who basis the truth on hearsay.

Maybe he did something we don’t know do we but you are guilty of more of a crime at this point.

Maybe we should have your ass canned too while we are at it?

If I was the “boss” I would consider to get your ass out of here.

Just imajine if he had a "life" here and got kicked out for doing nothing wrong?

What if this was your sentence?

“This Oz man finds you in a dark ally totally alone.”

There’s a splitter in his eye "possibly" but I see a log in yours is the way I read this story.

Edited by ayakiawe

"He already has a history I believe there is more to the story than meets the eye. We should not judge him thats for sure, don't you remember a fella in Chang Mai bought a business handed police info on this gent some 3 years ago and nothing was done until now.

Maybe he ( Mr White excop) missed a payment, looks like he has caught up with his back payments + some, all well that ends well - pity the young girl and of course the young girls family who he hadn't paid they (dad) will have been compensated accordingly. TiT. ( the other daughters farang paid dad regularly nothing heard about him in police reports) There is more than one guilty party here."

Excuse me but I dont follow you here, can you say that a bit clearer" I would like to understand what you wrote?

Edited by ayakiawe

Hey big mouth..you obviously ain't no Aussie...people do get set-up here you know and are completely innocent...maybe one day we will read your name...then lookout..till then best to say nothing..

Yeah, I tend to agree. However, I feel the Australian government raced to judgment by canceling his passport before he was even tried, let alone convicted of a crime. Here in America we are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

A jury here in Tampa just found Samy Al-Arian not guilty of charges against him, even though he is clearly a member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad leadership. The government had lots of suspicious looking evidence, but nothing proving him guilty of a crime.

His passport would have been seized pending the outcome of the investigation...simple...no need to read anything else into any of this..

You would have fitted in nicely with the people who said the South American guy shot on the underground in London must have been guilty 'cause he was 'running', had wires showing under his heavy clothing, etc. He was innocent, unfortunately he's dead.

If you were in charge of this guys case in Thailand, he'd be locked away forever or dead, but there's a chance he could be innocent too don't you think?

Gotta shake my head when somebody is charged with a crime and the posts are for killing the person and in many cases quite cruelly----and this person hasn't even been found guilty or even been brought to trial!!!! Sheeeesh, some of these poeple are like Judge Dred. What the hel_l do 'we' need a trial for? He was 'arrested' so 'he/she' must be GUILTY!!!!!!!! I wonder if these people baying for blood would feel the same way if 'they WERE Arrested and charged????? That dude in FLA was found not guilty and about half the charges with the others deadlocked and the GUMMINT will have to make up its 'mind' if they want to retry him. 3 others were either for completely Not Guilty (2 defendents) or Not Guilty and some charges and deadlocked on others. This was the Open and Shut cases AG Ashcroft was pitching the press awhile back. Seems he was mistaken. Plus the prosecution did the usual trick on Indictment Stacking hoping the defendent will be found guilty on something. Think about it---would you want people baying for your blood on the internet without trial???? I doubt it. JD

2 years ago there was an Australian in Phnom Penh accused of padephilia with 2 young girls. He claimed that the local police and his girlfriend (mother of the kids) were trying to extort him off his live savings.

The embassy advised him to skip the country before he was charged which he promptly did. A year later the Cambodian Government applied for extradition on the charges, he appealed to the Federal Court and the Dept of Foreign Affairs was left with egg on their face from the local press about the advice he'd been given.

Anyway his appeals were denied and he was extradited. I'd say after the fallout from that case the embassies in South East Asia have been given clear instructions now not to assist in any paedophilia cases and to bend over backwards to the local authorities.

More info on that case. (although this article paints a much different picture than the stories in the Aus press at the time) here

Anyone know what became of this guy?

The case had holes all along which the Thai police and "Justice" system obviously couldn't fill. Now, let's focus on some of the important details: such as the paternity test (obviously negative), the fact that this child was given away to him or sold at 12 (and was most likely selling herself on the streets before then), and that some Thai gambling highrolling crook was about to get nabbed by his investigation.

This is Thailand folks, and the writing is on the wall.

Here in America we are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Unless you happen to be in Guantanamo Bay..

ha ha well funny, i live in england and we have a place called bradford and i just wish it could be scooped up and plonked into guantanamo bay, thats if the north see is closed that day!

very small minded, get back under your stone