Aussie Man Held In Thailand On Child Sex Rap

ozzydom

Aussie man held in Thailand on child sex rap

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have arrested a Western Australian man accused of child sex offences.

Police in the northern city of Chiang Mai identified the man as Christopher Ronald White, 46, and a longtime resident of Thailand.

He is expected to appear in a Chiang Mai court later this week.

White is believed to be well-known in Chiang Mai and has described himself as "an expert in security matters".

A spokesman for the Australian embassy in Bangkok said the man had been given consular assistance, as is usual in cases where Australian nationals face serious criminal charges in a foreign country.

Chiang Mai is one of a number of Thai cities with a reputation for attracting foreign paedophiles - and undercover police there often mix with foreign nationals in private clubs known to be the haunts of men attracted to under-age boys.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra said the man was understood to have been arrested in Thailand on Tuesday.

"We are aware of reports of a 46-year-old Western Australian man arrested in Thailand on the 23rd of August on charges relating to sexual acts with a female under 13 years," a DFAT spokesman said.

Other reports from Chiang Mai said that the victim was a young boy.

"Consular officials from the Australian embassy in Bangkok are liaising with the local authorities to provide consular assistance including access to legal advice and representation."

The DFAT spokesman said the government treated any matters relating to child sex offences very seriously.

"At the same time, the government will follow the legal process closely to ensure that it is fair and conducted in accordance with local practice," he said.

--AAP 2005-08-24

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We are aware of reports of a 46-year-old Western Australian man arrested in Thailand on the 23rd of August on charges relating to sexual acts with a female under 13 years," a DFAT spokesman said.

Other reports from Chiang Mai said that the victim was a young boy."

As usual in the Thai press, conflicting reports :o

Is it a boy? Is it a girl? or maybe it's one of the others :D

No matter what, if guilty. I'm sure justice will prevail.

Edited by Maejo Man

thats nothing check this out

Businessman faces further bestiality charges

By Les Kennedy

August 19, 2005 - 12:28PM

Police say they intend to lay a further six charges of bestiality against a man arrested last week over the mutilation deaths of 18 rabbits purchased from Sydney pet stores.

Police told Sydney Central Court magistrate Allan Moore today that the fresh charges against Brendan Francis McMahon of Carlisle Street, Tamarama, would be laid in the coming month.

McMahon, 36, was arrested last week and charged with one count of bestiality with a rabbit and 17 counts of aggravated cruelty involving another 17 other rabbits whose carcasses were found dumped in a lane in The Rocks.

Today, McMahon made an unsuccessful application for bail in order to obtain psychiatric treatment.

His barrister, Mr Doug Marr, told the court that McMahon committed the acts while in a drug-induced psychosis brought about from sleep deprivation, which was caused by taking the meta-amphetamine ice.

He said McMahon, originally from New Zealand, was in urgent need of psychiatric treatment and needed to gain access to funds from his business which was "falling apart".

In applying for bail, Mr Marr said McMahon was willing to surrender his passport and would undertake not to go within 50 metres of a pet shop.

However, Mr Moore refused the request, saying he could not grant bail because safety of the community was at issue and he adjourned the matter until September 30.

DPP solicitor Laurie Gray told Mr Moore that police would lay a further six charges under section 79 of the Crimes Act relating to bestiality. :o

I don't think the gender of the child matters ... the critical word is child. I know, sometimes mud sticks where it shouldn't, but I for one will shed no tears for a guilty man behind bars.

This epidemic is in every country but the poverty in some Asian countries makes it easier for the predators

"Police say they intend to lay a further six charges of bestiality against a man arrested last week over the mutilation deaths of 18 rabbits purchased from Sydney pet store"

Gives a whole new meaning to "goes like a bunny".

No matter what, if guilty. I'm sure justice will prevail.

Why should it??, It rarely does in LOS.

Just check back issues of Pattaya mail for a couple of years with all the pics of Arrested 'suspected' paedophiles/pederasts. Then try to find the conviction report!! Money Talks

Freddie

Under news laws in the "Land Down Under" he could also face additional charges if it can be proved to the Aussie authorities that he did OR had the intention of committing a sex act with a minor. :o:D

Oz citizens released by Fhilipino Police were later charged and convicted in Australia. This law was introduced to prevent the Sex holiday trade.

Update:

WA man held in Thailand for child sex

CHIANG MAI: -- Thai police have arrested an Australian man accused of taking a young girl away from her poor tribal family and sexually abusing her for four years.

Christopher Ronald White, 46, from Perth, was arrested at his home in Bangkok and was taken to the northern city of Chiang Mai, where the girl's family had raised the alarm, police Captain Jeerawan Putanurak said on Wednesday.

He could be jailed for 20 years if convicted.

The girl is now 16.

Her family, who belong to a hill tribe in neighbouring Chiang Rai province near the Burmese border, told police that White had offered to take their then 12-year-old daughter into his care in Bangkok.

He allegedly raped her there for years, Jeerawan said, Associated Press reported.

The girl is said to have met White when she was selling flowers at night market in Chiang Mai.

The girl returned to her family last week and told them that White had also forced her to have sex with his friends, Jeerawan said.

Chiang Mai, 680km north of Bangkok, is home to more than 20,000 hill tribespeople.

There have been several cases of hill tribe girls being sexually abused by foreign tourists and Westerners who offer to informally adopt the children.

White, who declined to speak with investigators, is being detained pending further investigation and faces six charges, including raping a girl under the age of 13 and illegally detaining the girl.

He faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in jail for the charge of raping an underage girl, Jeerawan said.

White has been living in Thailand for more than five years. Jeerawan said he claims he is a bomb expert who regularly gave lectures on the explosives at several learning institutes in Thailand.

Other sources said that White had described himself as a former police officer.

A spokesman for the Australian embassy in Bangkok said the man had been given consular assistance, as is usual in cases where Australian nationals face serious criminal charges in a foreign country.

Chiang Mai is one of a number of Thai cities with a reputation for attracting foreign paedophiles - and undercover police there often mix with foreign nationals in private clubs known to be the haunts of men attracted to under-age boys.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra said the man was understood to have been arrested in Thailand on Tuesday.

"Consular officials from the Australian embassy in Bangkok are liaising with the local authorities to provide consular assistance including access to legal advice and representation."

The DFAT spokesman said the government treated any matters relating to child sex offences very seriously.

"At the same time, the government will follow the legal process closely to ensure that it is fair and conducted in accordance with local practice," he said.

The alleged victim is said to be barely-educated.

Police sources said officers tracked the pair down after the family and other workers at the night market gave a description of White to authorities.

Police said the Australian tried to pass himself off as the child's stepfather, and when found they were living together at an address in central Bangkok.

--AAP 2005-08-24

That makes me so angry to think someone could get away with sexually abusing a child for four years. But I think he should of had a more strict scentence but then again he's pretty old now so maybe in another 20 years that will be the end of him

I think this should be a warning for the families to not accept their children to be taken away by people they do not know and also supervise them better. But it all comes down to money dosen't it. And their culture. I know in western places children as young as twelve would not be left alone selling flowers. But at the end of the day thats how these poverty stricken families earn money.

All I can say is it makes me feel sick. P1P , I can't (but do) beleive it took so long to nail this bastard, but how many more of them are roaming around abusing yougsters in Chaingmai.

How can WE put a stop to it?

there must be something (although I don't know what) we can do, probably some of them are upstanding TV members, how can you tell?

Just pisses me off so much

"She's my stepdaughter!"

Thai police have arrested an Australian man accused of taking a young girl away from her poor tribal family and sexually abusing her for four years.

Christopher Ronald White, 46, from Perth, was arrested at his home in Bangkok and was taken to the northern city of Chiang Mai, where the girl's family had raised the alarm, police Captain Jeerawan Putanurak said today.

He could be jailed for 20 years if convicted.

The girl is now 16.

Her family, who belong to a hill tribe in neighbouring Chiang Rai province near the Burmese border, told police that White had offered to take their then 12-year-old daughter into his care in Bangkok.

He allegedly raped her there for years, Jeerawan said, Associated Press reported.

The girl is said to have met White when she was selling flowers at night market in Chiang Mai.

The girl returned to her family last week and told them that White had also forced her to have sex with his friends, Jeerawan said.

Chiang Mai, 680km north of Bangkok, is home to more than 20,000 hill tribespeople.

There have been several cases of hill tribe girls being sexually abused by foreign tourists and Westerners who offer to informally adopt the children.

AdvertisementAdvertisement

White, who declined to speak with investigators, is being detained pending further investigation and faces six charges, including raping a girl under the age of 13 and illegally detaining the girl.

He faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in jail for the charge of raping an underage girl, Jeerawan said.

White has been living in Thailand for more than five years. Jeerawan said he claims he is a bomb expert who regularly gave lectures on the explosives at several learning institutes in Thailand.

Other sources said that White had described himself as a former police officer.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra said the man was understood to have been arrested in Thailand yesterday.

The alleged victim is said to be barely-educated.

Police sources said officers tracked the pair down after the family and other workers at the night market gave a description of White to authorities.

Police said the Australian tried to pass himself off as the child's stepfather, and when found they were living together at an address in central Bangkok.

- agencies

He needs to be kept away from children for longer than 20 years. He will be 66 and sexual impulses are still active at that age. 40 years is closer to putting him into the "safer" category.

There is a drug that has been used with some success, Depravero (spelling), which chemically castrates people. Depending on the psychological profile of the person, it can work. If he is a psychopath it won't because then it has to do with power and control not sexual desire.

This guy may be a classic type of pedophile who likes the pre-pubescent girls. If she was poor and suffered from poor nutrition she was really a child. The fact that he began allowing his friends to have sex with her probably meant he was losing interest, in part because she was getting too old for him.

At any rate, he needs to be out of circulation longer than 20 years.

Oh by the way why worry about the sentence being short. At Hotel Hilton, he will be lucky to survive one month in that place. And if and I quote if he survives 20 years inside that place, he definitely won't be worth looking at and will be deported back to his country totally flat broke. He might have his face completely re-arranged by this time.

:o

"Police say they intend to lay a further six charges of bestiality against a man arrested last week over the mutilation deaths of 18 rabbits purchased from Sydney pet store"

Gives a whole new meaning to  "goes like a bunny".

They should really go after the people that allow thier children that do these things as well.

I usually set back and just read the "mail" without making any comments. Maybe, I am 'Out-of-touch or thinking of another time', If All of these 'People' were to say there Behavior was Acceptable Anywhere in the World, Not just LOS, They Should not be jailed for any period of time, as this could be commuted / lessened . They Should Be Executed, As This Can Not Be Reversed.. No - I Do Not Believe In Capital Punishment, This Is Where I Could Make The Acception.. Yes, I Am A Buddhist. I Pray "They CAN Be Forgiven".

Persons from Thailand's northern hill tribes often do not have ID cards and are therefore subject to extortion and abuse when attempting to support themselves or just scrap enough food together to survive.

I know of a young lady from a hilltribe who is currently working (or slaving) as a maid/nanny for a foreign couple in my condo building. She is desperate to find another job to escape the bad situation (low pay, harrassment, no personal freedom) she is in. However, the lack of Thai citizenship and an ID card is making this change very hard.

Cheers to the Moderator for quickly discouraging the normal ranting and raving that repetitively goes on during news threads of these sorts.

This man may or may not have commited a crime, however, it not an uncommon practice for the police in third world countries to "set some on up" ie he goes into a presumably reputable brothel, club, fill in the blank and the policia via the management send in an underage person for sexual acts etc. Once inside the room etc the police break in show great disgust and distain, shake the guy down for whatever they can and throw him in prison etc....

Not saying that this is what happened but TIT rules..

and things are not always what they seem

Cordially,

Hunter

I usually set back and just read the "mail" without making any comments. Maybe, I am 'Out-of-touch or thinking of another time', If All of these 'People' were to say there Behavior was Acceptable Anywhere in the World, Not just LOS, They Should not be jailed for any period of time, as this could be commuted / lessened . They Should Be Executed, As This Can Not Be Reversed.. No - I Do Not Believe In Capital Punishment, This Is Where I Could Make The Acception..  Yes, I Am A Buddhist. I Pray "They CAN Be Forgiven".

Looks like you are doing a lot of Capital Punishment to me :o