Ko Samet & Ko Chang To Pattaya Latest Ferry/Bus

healthcaretaker

I will be based in Pattaya for a week and plan to do some day trips.

Anyone know what are the latest ferry and bus times can I can return from the above mentioned places ? I plan to leave Pattaya in the morning around 9 am and and spend 3 to 5 hrs in Ko Samet and Ko Chang(2 seperate days) and return to Pattaya the same day by bus, will I have enough time for it ?

What other places I can do in a day trip ? How about Samut Prakan ?

Thanks.

I agree that a "day trip" to Koh Chang is not a good idea. Even if you leave here at 6:00am you will arrive at the ferry at around 10:30 - 11:00.

The ferry is minimal 35 minutes to 1 hour depending at what ferry they drop you off at.

To get to the south of the island which is the nicest another hour. so you would reach there around 1:00pm.

You would need to leave Koh Chang around 6:00pm if you want to be back to Pattaya by 10:00pm.

Trust me 4 or 5 hours is NOT enough to experience Koh Chang which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful places in Thailand.

Also spending 1 night in Trat is a GREAT experience if you sit at the night market people watching. It is worth tunring your trip into an actual 3 or 4 day holiday.

As I said:

Leave Pattaya at 6:00am you will arrive at the ferry at around 10:30 - 11:00.

Fastes ferry to Koh Chang is 35 minutes therefore arrive Koh Chang at 11:30 or 12:30

Baht bus to white sand beach 30 minutes so arrive around 1:30pm.

Last ferry back to the mainland that will get you back into trat at a reasonable time to get a bus/mini van back to Pattaya would leave Koh Chang at 6:00pm.

That gives you minimal 5 1/2 hours on Koh Chang so yes a day trip is possible but just not practical.

As I said:

Fastes ferry to Koh Chang is 35 minutes therefore arrive Koh Chang at 11:30 or 12:30

Last ferry back to the mainland that will get you back into trat at a reasonable time to get a bus/mini van back to Pattaya would leave Koh Chang at 6:00pm.

That gives you minimal 5 1/2 hours on Koh Chang so yes a day trip is possible but just not practical.

Thanks agian... Do you mean(according to your posts) getting from Pattaya to Koh Chang will take 5.5 hrs to 6.5 hrs while getting back will just take 4 hrs ? It don't make much sense.

As I said:

Thanks agian... Do you mean(according to your posts) getting from Pattaya to Koh Chang will take 5.5 hrs to 6.5 hrs while getting back will just take 4 hrs ? It don't make much sense.

OMG !!!!!!!

I don't think you are getting this.

Last ferry from Koh Chang leaves say 6:00pm

Takes from 35 minutes to over 1 hour depending on what ferry you take.

Let's say you take the short ferry. (35 minutes) back to the ferry landing. Then if there is a mini van there thats goes to Pattaya you would be very lucky but I think not. You need to take a songtaew to Trat city. Then a mini van leaving say 8:00 (if you are lucky) takes about 3 hours back to Pattaya.

Total hours: (get your calculator out if needed) is around 5 1/2 hours depending on your luck so you would arrive in Pattaya around 11:30

As I said:

OMG !!!!!!!

I don't think you are getting this.

Last ferry from Koh Chang leaves say 6:00pm

Takes from 35 minutes to over 1 hour depending on what ferry you take.

Let's say you take the short ferry. (35 minutes) back to the ferry landing. Then if there is a mini van there thats goes to Pattaya you would be very lucky but I think not. You need to take a songtaew to Trat city. Then a mini van leaving say 8:00 (if you are lucky) takes about 3 hours back to Pattaya.

Total hours: (get your calculator out if needed) is around 5 1/2 hours depending on your luck so you would arrive in Pattaya around 11:30

OMG!!!! so you don't realise your mistake. In your first reply you mention "...get back to Pattaya by 10.00 pm".

• 3 months later...

Gone's mistake was to respond to heathcaretaker in the first place and to be so patient.

I grasped the concept and appreciate the effort and advice. I will probably be taking the Trat bus in an hour to spend the night and people watch at the Trat City night market.

Thank you Gone for the inspiration!

Edited by AirAmerica