Thai Man Mauled To Death By Four Pitbull Terriers

webfact

I have a friend who has one of these dogs and it is nearly always chained up, I have often said to him that I could not have such an animal unless I had a staiser to hand as they are untrustworthy.These dogs are not pets, one may as well have a wolf or a lion and say that it is a pet. Pet at your own risk!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scariest part of the pit bull is its face. They dont seem to give away anything before launching into an attack

animals eaten alive by bears can be seen on you tube, it can take 20 mins so probably this chap went the same way time wise. your worst night mare.

Edited by Hooters

Dogs are wonderful animals, but you always need to exercise a certain amount of care around them. I have a pet dog (mongrol). She's getting older now (14 years old). She's always been friendly and gentle, but any movement that she perceives as threatening to me will be met with a bite.

I had a friend over, and after a few beers we were having a discussion and he leaned forward and she jumped him. Fortunately, she's not a fighter, so she doesn't draw blood, but I now keep her right next to me when there is company.

Interestingly enough, she really doesn't like Farangs. Asians--Filipinos and Thais, never even get a growl!

Dogs are pack animals and they are territorial. They protect others in the 'pack' including the owner and they protect their territory.

I am from New Mexico and every year someone is badly mauled usually several every year. The kids always take a beating from these dogs and yes it is usually one in the house or the neighbors dog, dogs that get out. But having said that the majority of dog bites come from other breeds typically someone putting their face into the dogs face.

• Like 1

I am from New Mexico and every year someone is badly mauled usually several every year. The kids always take a beating from these dogs and yes it is usually one in the house or the neighbors dog, dogs that get out. But having said that the majority of dog bites come from other breeds typically someone putting their face into the dogs face.

Yes I agree that most attacks, particularly on kids are not by the selectively bred killers; they are a small, if deadly minority of dogs and inappropriate behaviour by a small human who is not recognised by the dog as a higher member of its "pack" can lead to bites but not normally to being savaged to death.

Some of the huge number of breeds of dog are not suitable to live in a normal human environment because that is not their purpose; pitbulls are bred to kill and if a human is not recognised as a pack superior he can be in danger

Pitbulls are morons (I just couldn't resist) On a more serious note my sympathies go out to this persons family and friends. What a horrific way to die? I have owned these types of dogs as well as others. If one raises a dog from a pup and if that dog has negative destructive or dangerous behavior one just needs to look at the owners for the way their dogs behave. No matter what breed of dog the responsibility of the dogs behavior is connected in some way to the owners and environment.

That is absolutely true. The unfortunate problem we face is that it's a lot easier to kill, beat or injure a dog than it is the owner - and when you're faced with constant harrassment and attacks by dogs your options are limited here. If this were urban Europe or North America you could use an institutional authority of course (in rural America, we have to fend for ourselves a bit), but here in Thailand there's really no option other than either A) putting an end to the threat or B] changing your lifestyle to accommodate someone's unruly mongrel. I like animals as much as the next person, but I don't like them more than I like my well-being and my peace of mind, so if it comes to me or the dog, the dog gets flowers.

Edited by emilyb
  • Like 1

i grew up with a rottweiler. to be very honest, they are aggressive in the sense they will snap at any threat towards their "land" or towards their alpha or family without any warning. now to have these roaming around freely is pretty insane, these are not like soi dogs, they attack without warning, they don't even bark. I am a rott lover and absolutely hate all the haters but i even hate more for the irresponsible owners.

A simple visit to a Thai family will reveal how they treat their dogs. Seriously, dogs under their care? even a labrador will bite. I am with for the ban

i grew up with a rottweiler. to be very honest, they are aggressive in the sense they will snap at any threat towards their "land" or towards their alpha or family without any warning. now to have these roaming around freely is pretty insane, these are not like soi dogs, they attack without warning, they don't even bark. I am a rott lover and absolutely hate all the haters but i even hate more for the irresponsible owners.

A simple visit to a Thai family will reveal how they treat their dogs. Seriously, dogs under their care? even a labrador will bite. I am with for the ban

And that picture here on thaivisa from the dog its not a pitbull ,but americam stafford.

My fhater have about the last 17 years staffords and no problem with the dogs ,its like how to teach your dog.

Let we be hornest the thaise they are really not good to the dogs,slaping with the hands on the top off the hard.

When i see that somthime i turn my head.

Here i have 6 dogs and i tel the people they come here on my propetey dont touch my dog.

But not all thais like this,i leave before on village ,and there was one famelie they take care the dog from my to,i want to take the dog to my home ,after one day i loose him ,and whats happend the dog goes back to his old village .

About 7 klm from here.

THe man take care of the dog now.

I take the dog from pattaya its was a puppy.

Its was a street dog but in that 3 years its was a really farang dog with wat i think 28 kg jumping 1.5 meter high.

• Like 1

ninety percent. of Thais should not be allowed to have a dog, of any kind, but 4 pit-bulls roaming

free, god almighty.

R.I.P. to this poor man,a terrible way to die.

I agree 100 procent with this .Most Thais have not the discipline to train dogs and to be their boss Dangerous dogs like Pitbulls they should not take . And keeping 4 of them is not asking will they bite or attack but WHEN will they bite and attack.

From this short article it seems the owner has let 4 pitbulls go out in public space without any supervision. The dogs then attack & kill the unfortunate soul without anyone hearing the noise that such a savage attack must make. It is possible the owner was there & had intent to kill his neighbour. Even if he was not witness to the attack he must surely be held liable & charged accordingly plus the dogs should be put down.

• Like 2

What do the victims say about these cute little pets?

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-victim-voices.php

The myths surrounding pitbulls...

http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-myths.php

And the attempts to disguise pitbulls by giving them fantasy names like "American Staffordshire"and the like in order to avoid legal bans and whitewash their reputation...

http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-owners.php

Enjoy

It's amazing you get up early on a weekend to Thai bash. What's wrong with you? No boom boom long time?

I'd say there's vastly more instances of 'Westerners' in their own countries having severe behavioural problems in general (London riots, unnecessarily heavy handed crackdowns on American protesters, the list goes on). Not to mention the hundreds of cases of animal cruelty and abuse, which appear as frequently in Europe and America, as they do here.

In fact, one of the main reasons I love living here, is that Thais do know how to behave well in their own culture and country on the whole. They're much more reserved and polite as a generalization than Americans and Brits ever will be.

In Surat, I've left both of my front doors unlocked for 7 years, overnight, every night. No one has ever touched my house. I lived in a leafy garden suburb in north London in the 80s and 90s and my house was broken into more than 5 times.

How about you learn to behave and not post inflammatory comments about Thais on threads in future?

What a lot of irrelevant apologist nonsense.

Thais are irresponsible when it comes to looking after animals, 27 years living in Thailand witnessing Thai animal cruelty and disgusting behaviour towards animals is why I commented.

How rearing these dogs remains legal totally defies logic. They are an unpredictable menace, like time bombs waiting to explode.

Condolences to the family of the deceased.

No matter how gentle and sweet the owners always seem to claim their little dogs are the bottom line is that If they attack you they go for the kiill and have incredibly strong jaws. It seems hardly a week goes by that i don't read a story about them mauling or killing a kid or an adult or someone else's dog. Some animals simply are not suitable pets to mix with kids and people. Would you keep a lion around and then act surprised when it attacked someone?

And yada yada yada that "my dog is sweet". Yeah they all seem to be sweet until they rip out the throat of a ten year old kid.

Not really a fair comparison, lions and dogs. Lions are true wild animals where all dogs now are domesticated animals. Also remember that they have evolved to what they are now by cross-breeding and generic alteration to become what people want.

Ok to do this with dogs, but try it with a human body, it is ungodly. Again, not a fair comparison, or is it?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

"FOR OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS AMERICANS KNEW PIT BULLS FOR WHAT THEY DID BEST. BABYSITTING. Part I."

here is a short excerpt

"Astoundingly, for most of our history America’s nickname for Pit Bulls was “The Nanny Dog”. For generations if you had children and wanted to keep them safe you wanted a pit bull, the dog that was the most reliable of any breed with children or adults.

The Nanny Dog is now vilified by a media that always wants a demon dog breed to frighten people and LHASA-APSO BITES MAN just doesn’t sell papers. Before pit bulls it was Rottweilers, before Rottweilers it was Dobermans, and before them German Shepherds. Each breed in it’s order were deemed too vicious and unpredictable to be around people. Each time people wanted laws to ban them. It is breathtakingly ironic that the spotlight has turned on the breed once the symbol of our country and our national babysitter".

back to me...

I'm not saying there aren't problems with unscrupulous breeders,inbreeding and just plain bad owners,

but a pit bull, Staffordshire Bull Terrier or Rottweiler is no more or less likely to attack you than lassie(Ironically the Rough Collie,Lassie's breed is quite a tempermental dog and not really suited to being around children.

The more you know!

• Like 2

ALL of the bull terrier breeds were bred to fight other dogs up until recently. BUT, unless they have an owner that encourages the 'fight' instinct, they love people and children.

I grew up with a 'staffie' that my family took in as a 4 year old dog that was no longer suitable for 'showing' purposes as he had a skin problem. He was wonderful, but hated other dogs so only my father could take him for a walk without a lead.

I love dogs and have 4 of my own but, whilst I have no problems with Pit Bulls per se, - I think prospective owners should be approved (and need to prove they have the ability to control their dogs) before being granted a license to keep one. Incidentally, I would not consider keeping one myself as I know I am not naturally 'authoritative' enough.

• Like 1

Here are some interesting statistics:

Dog Bite-related Fatalities in the United States

Year Total # Most fatal attacks by # Second-most fatal attacks by

2011 12 Pit Bull or "Pit bull type" (7) (58%) Rottweiler (2) (16.66%)

2010 32 Pit Bull (18) (53%) Rottweiler (4) (12%)

2009 30 Pit Bull (11) (32%) Rottweiler (4) (13%)

2008 23 Pit Bull (11) (43%) Husky (3) (13%)

2007 34 Pit Bull (15) (41%) Rottweiler (4) (12%)

2006 29 Pit Bull (12) (40%) Rottweiler (9) (31%)

2005 29 Pit Bull (12) (39%) Rottweiler (6) (21%)

Dog bite fatalities by other breeds only occur once a decade or so.

Dog bite fatalities by other breeds only occur once a decade or so.

That statement is certainly not supported by the data you presented.

Quite. But let's not insert any sanity into this topic....

ANY dog that is capable of killing someone should be regulated and licensed, after proof that the owner is capable of not only controlling, but bringing them up in a way that negates any predatory instinct.

Many years ago (in the UK), 3 rottweilers jumped the fences and ended up in my garden! I only had one dog at the time who was barking madly and ended up being pinned on his back by 2 of them... BUT, they were only controlling him (he was v territorial - much to my shame) and when I came running, they moved away. They had obviously been brought up well.