Wingeing Farangs

strawberry

:o Hi All,

was a letter to the editor in the Nation not long ago. Came from someone professing to be a Thai living in New York. he was complaining about us wingeing Farangs and how we couldn't find women in our own countries etc..

That part was true, for me, all the bloody women around my age were looking for guys lot younger and I wasn't in the race.

This guy came across as saying we were all ****iles deflowering the thai maidens riping off the thai's generally. In my time here I've met many farangs who work for the good of the thai community and the Christian Hospital at Manorom is a goog example of this.

Came here in 91 and been back twice with my thai wife and because of that got to meet many thais working and living in Australia. Not once did I meet a thai working to benefit Aussies in fact met a few who were into riping people off.

Went to Sydney Hospital for a check up and found a FREE clinic for thai prostitutes, every monday arvo, supplied with a goverment translator free of charge.

I feel insulted by my government who allow thai's living in Australia better conditions than what we are allowed here.

I never met a thai who wasn't sending monies home to thailand to support their families, but I have never met a farang who was sending monies home to their country.

Its a bloody unfair world and I'm just sitting here waiting for a UFO to get me off this bloody place :D regards Joe Strawberry

:o Hi All,

was a letter to the editor in the Nation not long ago. Came from someone professing to be a Thai living in New York. he was complaining about us wingeing Farangs and how we couldn't find women in our own countries etc..

That part was true, for me, all the bloody women around my age were looking for guys lot younger and I wasn't in the race.

This guy came across as saying we were all pedophiles deflowering the thai maidens riping off the thai's generally. In my time here I've met many farangs who work for the good of the thai community and the Christian Hospital at Manorom is a goog example of this.

Came here in 91 and been back twice with my thai wife and because of that got to meet many thais working and living in Australia. Not once did I meet a thai working to benefit Aussies in fact met a few who were into riping people off.

Went to Sydney Hospital for a check up and found a FREE clinic for thai prostitutes, every monday arvo, supplied with a goverment translator free of charge.

I feel insulted by my government who allow thai's living in Australia better conditions than what we are allowed here.

I never met a thai who wasn't sending monies home to thailand to support their families, but I have never met a farang who was sending monies home to their country.

Its a bloody unfair world and I'm just sitting here waiting for a UFO to get me off this bloody place :D regards Joe Strawberry

Your right on most of it I think.. I hate when you get the "ugly" Thai who is racist to you, if you did it in Oz, you would be sued for racism. The same as when you pay more than Thai people do - I understand there reasons to a point about Thais can only afford this much and we can afford more, but it is a lot of <deleted> and racist to the extreme.. I remember the days as a street kid in Adelaide and the Cross in Sydney, I never got a hand out or something cheaper, nor did I winge about it.

It pisses me off, when people Thai or otherwise say you come from a good country, you have more opportunties - you make your own opportunites and your own luck.. Stop sleeping and get on with it, everyone has the opportunity, if he/she ever wants it - whatever the situation/location, you were bought up in.

In the Rotary Club that I am a memebr of in Phuket, there is 2 Thai men and 9 Farangs helping the community, My company also has built 1 school and given to the government and repaired a lot more, I tip when I go out for a meal (I would not do that in Australia, I employ 6 office staff and 150 constructors, even in the bad times, I pay salaries... It makes me <deleted>**in angry when some <deleted> writes that - It also makes me angry that The Thai people in general think all we do is shag bar girls - Is there a spare seat on your UFO?

"Whinging" Farang is Brit-speak, it really means whining Farang in the International language, the American language (Oh oh, quick, cover your head) :o !

I think whining is only used in USA mate as us Aussies use wingeing to.

Strawberry did post this in General, but it was moved here?

Dont rip my head off :D

I'm not sure that "Whinging Farangs" really belongs in the Bear-Pit (politics?) , but if someone wants to write something here that I don't like, I will be happy to try to rip your head off for you (Mr. Thaiquila perhaps?). :o

Have you noticed that most of the whining farangs are americans ?

(If you don't believe me, take a look at the Nation or the Bangkok Post)

I wonder why they don't go back to their (so perfect) country.

(this is the bear pit: some teasing keep us all wide awake).

More seriously, I understand Stawberry's anger. In my country too, thai expats have almost as many rights as the nationals (which is fair).

Why is Thailand so scared of foreigners ? We live here because we like this country, we don't plan to take it over. We are on their side, don't they understand it ?

I won't bother replying to your crude remarks about Americans right now. I'm not quite sure if you are Australian, pretending to be Canadian or a Canadian trying to keep it secret, but when I figure it out, I'm sure that there are plenty of insults that apply to you. EEEH, Mate?

As to the Thais being afraid of foreigners, it is my theory that it is the Chinese Thais who are worried about us. They emigrated here and took over the whole economy. They don't want the White Devils doing the same to them!

I won't bother replying to your crude remarks about Americans right now. I'm not quite sure if you are Australian, pretending to be Canadian or a Canadian trying to keep it secret, but when I figure it out, I'm sure that there are plenty of insults that apply to you. EEEH, Mate?

As to the Thais being afraid of foreigners, it is my theory that it is the Chinese Thais who are worried about us. They emigrated here and took over the whole economy. They don't want the White Devils doing the same to them!

I'm neither an australian nor a canadian. As i said in a previous post, I'm not a native english speaker. I didn't insult you, born again poster. I just teased you.

I'm not anti-american but anti-Shrub (totally opposed to imperialism, absolutely shocked by the contempt in which the U.S. hold the rest of the world). I've studied american litterature and civilisation at university and among my favorite writers and musicians, there's a great munber of americans (most of them are opposed to this (so-called) war on terrorism or they would probably be if they were still alive)

About the chinese thais, I'm not sure. Why the same doen't happen in Viêt-Nam or Malaysa, for instance ? The chinese diaspora also took over the ecomony in those countries.

What about other reasons like the Thai nationalism, a poor knowledge of the outside world, etc... ?

Whats that suppose to mean Georgie, do you have a hang up on Aussies?

[Whats that suppose to mean Georgie, do you have a hang up on Aussies?

Actually. Mr. Gentleman, I like Aussies a lot. I go to Australia every year on holiday from Thailand. Mostly Perth, but I've been all over Sydney, Brisbane and the East Coast as well.

I am just saying that for all the Anti-American stereotypes and negative things about our polititians that are all over this web-site, there are plenty about every nationality, including adjan jb's.

Georgie probably has a hang up on eveything that is not american.

Actually, My best friend in Thailand is a snotty upper class Brit whose politics are not unlike yours. However, even he admits that, " something needed to be done (about The Arab Problem), and Bush is the only one who would do anything".

>absolutely shocked by the contempt in which the U.S. hold the rest of the world)<

Adjan jd -

Shocked are we? Well, not to get too heavy into the rational that if we were not the world's de facto police all of Europe would be speaking German right now & Austrilia and the Phillipines would be talking Japanese.

Put that in your Bong and hit it... :o

Membrane,

Adjan is afraid to play fair, and is obviously not only afraid to demonstrate this bias, but ashamed of his homeland.

Have you ever noticed how many of these sowers of hate are afraid to even tell us where they are from?

Sad really, as I am proud to be American, even if it means I must take it on the chin.

SoCal

Membrane,

Adjan is afraid to play fair, and is obviously not only afraid to demonstrate this bias, but ashamed of his homeland.

Have you ever noticed how many of these sowers of hate are afraid to even tell us where they are from?

Sad really, as I am proud to be American, even if it means I must take it on the chin.

SoCal

Right! I know, they never want to step up and admit where they're from... I wonder why? Is it so they can just keep slinging crap at us Americans and they won't have to deal with any coming back at them? ...Maybe because they know they can't defend themselves in an argument about their own countries? What is it--I'm not sure, so I guess I'll just have to ask it again, a little louder this time...

adjan jb, why are you being so coy? Why not just come right out and say what nationality you are? Certainly if you can dish it out (to us Americans) you can take it, right?

Membrane, I'm probably dumb but i'm not deaf.

Adjan, I'm starting to like you more and more.

Fact is most people, and countries are not perfect. Those who come and throw rocks at us, and will not tell anything of themselves, have no business throwing rocks.

Hope you will tell us sometime. Not because I want to attack you (probably will), but because I want to understand you and your point of view better.

SoCal