International Transfer Times

Are you sure your bank has really transmitted the money? Just because a transfer was initiated at day/time X does not mean the bank transmitted the money a few minutes later...they could be waiting X-business days before actually hitting the transmit button. Some bank charge so much for a same business day transfers, so much for a next business day transfer, and some much for a X-day business day transfer. Once your Sending bank does hit the transmit button, it arrives the receiving bank within minutes to hours unless it has to go through an intermediary bank...whether it must go through an intermediary bank depends on the arrangement your sending bank has setup.

Then say it arrives Friday afternoon after Thai bank business hours are over, it's probably going to set until Monday morning/next business day for the receiving Thai bank to hit that final button to post it to your account assuming the receiving bank didn't reject/put the final posting of the transfer on hold for some reasons

But with all that being said, if it was a SWIFT transfer it should arrive same or next business day...but a lot depends on "when" your sending bank actually transmits the funds, what speed of transfer/transfer service you paid for, etc. And also keep in mind we are dealing with "business" days....weekends and holidays (home country and/or Thailand) don't count/can make the transfer take longer.

coffee1.gif

Just as an example :

I had my U.S. bank initiate a SWIFT transfer to Bangkok Bank in New York on the 3rd of February.

Transaction was processed by Bangkok Bank in New York on 6th of February.

(The 4th and 5th was a weekend, so Bangkok Bank in New York was closed).

Funds were credited by Bangkok Bank headquarters on Silom Road as foriegn transfer on the morning of the 7th of February.

I checked about 10 a.m. on 7 February and the funds were available on my Bangkok Bank ATM card.

So total time of 4 days from start to available funds here in Bangkok.

And that is over a weekend too.

But it WILL take longer if you don't go through a Bangkok Bank branch in your home country (I don't even know if there is a Bangkok Bank branch in Oz). That is because Bangkok Bank here in Thailand will need to verify the original transfer by contacting your Oz bank.

If there is a Bangkok Bank somewhere in Oz, that's the best and quickest way to transfer funds.

Have your Oz bank send it by electronic funds transfer to that Bangkok Bank and for credit to your Bangkok Bank account at your branch here in Thailand.

Doing it that way is the quickest way I've found...and I've been doing it that way for many years.

licklips.gif

Depends

My US credit union will have the wire sent to SCB the day I request it, and so far I have had the money in my SCB account by the next business day

BOA (US) to K-Bank 12 to 24 hrs on weekdays, Has been that way each month for over a year.