No Sarnies Left!

doppa

old central, starbucks,1.30pm, not a sarnie in sight, staff just look at you and say 'finnished'.....i felt like saying 'well go make some <deleted> more!'...but i didnt, i wonder why, can't be bothered i guess.

If only they had Greggs here,bet you could murder a bacon ,stottie sandwhich,

regards Worgeordie

Oh MY I remember living in Edinburgh!!! Greggs was wonderful, I shall cry into my bacon buttie now! ( Sorry I think buttie is midlands or north England)

Edited by msg362

Doubtless the problem was language. The headquarters of Starbucks is in Seattle, Wa, USA, where sandwiches (after Lord Sandwich, of England itself) are eaten. Why England, ever so proud of its accomplishments, should abandon his Lordship's fame defies all reason. Sarnies must be a development of this anti-posh movement in the UK. (Reliable and comprehendable BBC accents no longer abound.)

Meanwhile, even in the 54 nations that are not associated with Seattle, Wa, USA, perhaps asking for a sandwich will reverse the tide of rising hunger. Or try the spinich quiche. Or a sardine sarnie, I suppose. And is it really the case that Starbucks (Thailand) makes their own sarnwhiches??? Or are they 'outsourced' - rather like auto parts????

And is it really the case that Starbucks (Thailand) makes their own sarnwhiches??? Or are they 'outsourced' - rather like auto parts????

I think that Starbucks makes most of its own food in Bangkok, but it is bought from other busineses in other places in the country.I'm pretty sure that the Upper Crust makes their stuff in Chiang Mai as both carry the exact same products.

I used to live near the delightful Cinque-Port town of Sandwich, near to which lies a small village called Ham, and used often to cycle along a local main-road, where there was a much-photographed direction-signpost saying ... < Ham I Sandwich > , funny old world innit ? tongue.png

And is it really the case that Starbucks (Thailand) makes their own sarnwhiches??? Or are they 'outsourced' - rather like auto parts????

I think that Starbucks makes most of its own food in Bangkok, but it is bought from other busineses in other places in the country.I'm pretty sure that the Upper Crust makes their stuff in Chiang Mai as both carry the exact same products.

Never been to Upper Crust bakery - which recently got a good report on this forum. For me , it's a fairly lengthy hike. Do you happen to know whether the prices of their cakes are the same as that charged by Starbucks ?

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

I used to live near the delightful Cinque-Port town of Sandwich, near to which lies a small village called Ham, and used often to cycle along a local main-road, where there was a much-photographed direction-signpost saying ... < Ham I Sandwich > , funny old world innit ? tongue.png

Ah I used to live not far from Badgers Mount and Pratts Bottom - much mirth to be had.

Life is like a sh!t sandwich, the more bread you have the less sh!t you have to eat!

Edited by wolf5370

If only they had Greggs here,bet you could murder a bacon ,stottie sandwhich,

regards Worgeordie

Don't mention Greggs to my kids - my eldest is always moaning that she wants a Greggs sausage roll! When we visit Olde Blighty later this summer, head straight for Dartford town centre and Greggs Mmmmmmmmmm!