Car & Bike Booting In Pattaya

Gone

In a precious posting from a farang who lost face by throwing money on the floor to a poor Thai Lady doing her job many people mentioned that the reason the change sides is for traffic flow. This is wrong. I spoke to the police today at tukcom and it is 100% for "street cleaning" purposes.

He was also ranting that they focus on the farangs.

Here are some pictures I took today and all 3 were Thai's

One truck clearly on the red/white lines AND on a cross-walk. Another bike same area and the funniest it when they run out of "boots" they use fences to chain your vehicle up to.

Note: All 3 Thai's smiled and went on a motorbike taxi to pay the same 400 baht fine we pay, came back and smiled to the police-man. No money throwing, no rantine etc. They knew they done wrong and paid the price.

post-147691-0-23673900-1329136562_thumb.

post-147691-0-58296400-1329136572_thumb.

post-147691-0-89847100-1329136580_thumb.

Thais park anywhere if they can save walking 50 foot steps, double parking is normal causing traffic jam, nobody gets angry. If they do your better take cover as it will be with blasting guns.

So I am not angry with the police, they just do their job and I am very careful where I park my car/MC.

For TukCom or the Soi Bukhao market on Tuesdays and Fridays, we just park at the temple complex on Pattaya Tai Road near 2nd Road.

Costs 20 baht for as long as you want to park.

Beats double or illegal parking, with possibly a 400 baht ticket.

Yes and tukcom has a HUGE parking area in the back as mentioned here before. True many Thais park anywhere but as you see they pay the price. The problem is that many tourists who visit Thailand see the Thai's doing things like driving crazy, no helmets, double parking, driving on sidewalks etc. etc. and they all of a sudden go native on us, think THEY are Thai and follow those footsteps.

I don't think I have ever gone out one day or been to a hospital where I haven't seen at least one foreigner walking around in a cast or bandaged up. :P

Anyways, point being follow the rules, save money.

they do nick anybody and everybody there,cant say i have ever noticed it being aimed solely at farnags. They do nothing about the row after row of bikes parked on the footpath between friendship and tuk com when its that days no parking, which seem strange.

they do nick anybody and everybody there,cant say i have ever noticed it being aimed solely at farnags. They do nothing about the row after row of bikes parked on the footpath between friendship and tuk com when its that days no parking, which seem strange.

Very true. It seems that parking on sidewalks in Thailand is legal. Even riding on them to get past traffic. lol

For TukCom or the Soi Bukhao market on Tuesdays and Fridays, we just park at the temple complex on Pattaya Tai Road near 2nd Road.

Costs 20 baht for as long as you want to park.

Beats double or illegal parking, with possibly a 400 baht ticket.

Since when did the temple raise its parking fee to Bt20 from Bt10 ?

Once in a while, I think maybe twice in the last 3 years or so they have brought big wagons in and loaded bikes on the road in that location and taken them away. Provided hours of entertainment watching the antics of the bike owners trying to stop the Police taking the bikes away. I guess thats why they now all park on the footpath.

Since when did the temple raise its parking fee to Bt20 from Bt10 ?

Since a couple of months already.

Outrageous a 100% raisebiggrin.png

security used to charge the unwary 20 baht anyway

at least its offical now

as if they didn't earn enough 'tea money' anyway by taking back tickets as people leave and re-selling them.......