3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Iran was behind this, then I am a little surprised. They are experts when it comes to terrorism and up there with the CIA. I remember listening to a Ray Mcgovern interview a couple of years ago(EX CIA who briefed Reagan daily and hated/hates Bush and Obama for their illegal wars), who said Iran has terror cells throughout the west that are ready to carry out terror attacks when given the go ahead. So this mess today sounded like something from a slapstick film.

If Iran was behind this, then I am a little surprised. They are experts when it comes to terrorism and up there with the CIA. I remember listening to a Ray Mcgovern interview a couple of years ago(EX CIA who briefed Reagan daily and hated/hates Bush and Obama for their illegal wars), who said Iran has terror cells throughout the west that are ready to carry out terror attacks when given the go ahead. So this mess today sounded like something from a slapstick film.

Iran is a country in severe political crisis. There are different power factions now in Iran with different agendas and capabilities. For people who have been following recent history, less than stellar attack attempts on smaller, softer targets from Iranian factions are not the slightest bit surprising. These guys of course totally failed to reach their target whatever it was. That's the good news I suppose. In any case, the world (not just Israel) REALLY does not need a nuclear Iran. Edited by Jingthing

He was speaking about a country and its policies but yet you are pretending he was speaking a religion. Are you one of these folks that using the anti semitic card any time somebody voices a condemnation of Israel and it actions or policies.

And by the way, he also didn't say every day .. he said "nearly" every day and unless people are ignorant of the news related to these actions, because of folks who want to pretend speaking about it is anti semitic, I believe everybody understands what the poster meant.

People who are obsessed only with Israeli government flaws while ignoring similar or much greater flaws of other governments in the world are almost always anti-semites. Sorry, that's the truth. So the Jewish state bombs something nearly everyday? When was the last day they bombed something then?

I guess we should apply that same line of thoughts with the folks here on ThaiVisa who only look for flaws with Thais and Thailand and label them as being anti-Bhudists or racists against Asians. I know many a people who believe Israel is a bully and gets away with way too much and go out of there way to make this be known but they certainly could care less about people's faith as long as they are not using it for a reason to hurt others.

Your truth is not the reality but is something Israel and its supporters have come up with to silence critics.

• Like 1

As I said above, we really don't know anything at this point about what target/targets these guys may have had....

But, the fact that they managed to explode something in their house perhaps would suggest that, at least in terms of timing, they were getting close to the time for moving on their target/targets.

Whatever it was, probably was coming soon...had the plot not blown up in their faces.

There could be other cells in bangkok that we do not yet know about.

I would like to say to everyone, wait for the information to come out but I am not sure it will. Mr Legless, should he survive will probably be whisked away under a shady deal, as an urgent case of international security, never to be heard from again. So anything other than speculation will never come out, and the true plot behind this deadly fiasco will never be known to us mear mortals!

So I was just discussing this event with my wife and asking her what are they saying on the Thai news channels. She tells me that on Ch 3 they stated that they are not sure yet as to why this happening but it might be a RESULT of the recent statements made by the US Embassy.

This is no joke. I am being serious with relating what I was told by my wife that they are speculating on the Thai news. That this attack might have been the result of the US Embassy's statement.

Who is they, the nitwits on Chan. 3 or the dimwits in the government?

its no more idiotic than many things i have read here today

Israel to "settle the score" for Bangkok attack

JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister says his country will "settle the score" with the perpetrators of a bombing attempt in Bangkok http://www.cbsnews.c...bangkok-attack/

Wow! That ups the ante!!

For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any of this story. NOTHING adds up!

JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister says his country will "settle the score" with the perpetrators of a bombing attempt in Bangkok http://www.cbsnews.c...bangkok-attack/

So it seems they were making magnet bombs to attach to vehicles? My guess would then be that the targets were Israeli diplomats or embassy personnel..

Wow! That ups the ante!!

For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any of this story. NOTHING adds up!

Why? It ain't rocket science.

Like I said, Iran and Israel are at war.

The problem with these ratbags is, they don't care who is around the bomb when they detonate them. It could be a school or bus stop etc. It has to be maximum damage.

It's "couldn't care less". 1zgarz5.gif

Not to get off on an off topic nonsense debate but "could care less" is an acceptable and modern idiom commonly used in North America ... http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/care?q=could+care+less#care__14

This is a forum that is used by people of many nationalities and why there is guidelines for not nitpicking a person's grammar .. especially when the meaning is understood. Doing so not only starts these nonsense conversations but tends to make people appear silly or ignorant to expressions and words used in other cultures.

• Like 1

Some more details from the CBS/AP report linked above:

A bomb disposal squad also said two explosive devices were found in the Iranian's damaged home and defused. They said each was made of three or four pounds of C-4 explosives stuffed inside a pair of radios.

National Police Chief Gen. Prewpan Damapong said the bombs were "magnetic and can get stuck to a vehicle. It can harm people, but not areas."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Let me correct that for you...........Israel is at war,with others, for decades already and currently also with Iran.

The problem with these ratbags is, they don't care who is around the bomb when they detonate them. It could be a school or bus stop etc. It has to be maximum damage.

+1

Wow! That ups the ante!!

Clearly the Genie makes sense of it all. I am afraid Non of the entire story makes any sense to me, ok! As for a motive, lets say Star Trek is more believable than connections with Iran/Israel etc etc. The whole thing is just so out of place............it doesn't make sense Jingthing.

So it seems they were making magnet bombs to attach to vehicles? My guess would then be that the targets were Israeli diplomats or embassy personnel..

I find that hard to believe. I don't feel like reading the story again but I could swear it said the guy who through the bombs had two radios in his hands ... I assume these were the bombs and if they were it would seem like they were not going to be used in attaching to a car but rather sneaking into or onto something where there was a possibility of being searched ... possibly the subway?

People are we getting a little carried away here - all that is known is some guy that had Iranian cash on him and lives with other Iranians tried to blow up a taxi that refused to drive him and then blew himself up trying to attack police. The is scant enough evidence yet to do more than hint at Iranian involvement, let alone Mossad flase flag scenarios. and I would suggest that it would be a lot easier to blow up a building in Isreal and blame the Iranians than coming all the way here to attack a taxi!

Your sequence of events omits the apparent fact that it was the detonation of a grenade in the Iranian's/Iranians' apartment that started this off. The three Iranians fled, one of them carrying a satchel with (at least) two more grenades inside. Chucks one at a taxi driver who refuses to take him and the second at a cop who tries to stop him doing any further damage. This is panic and escape, not planned targeting.

The immediate questions for me are (a) what will a search of the apartment reveal? (cool.png where are the two other Iranians? © was the legless one carrying more than two grenades when he did his runner? (d) how long will it take Sherlock Chalerm to lift the immigration photos of all three perps and give them to the media?

Based on what I've read so far, this looks like an accident happened in a bomb assembly room, panic and a series of stupid unplanned transpired. I doubt that any of today's events were planned to happen this way.

BTW, I think asking the taxi driver where this guy wanted to go is a VERY good idea.

One of the few sensible comments posted in this long thread. A bomb making house with an accidental explosion causing panic and inexperienced bomb makers to flee seems like a possible and plausible basic scenario. (See the NYTs report “I saw two men wearing shorts and no shoes running out of the house,” she said. “Five minutes later, I saw another man run out with blood on his face.”).However, we really have very little facts at hand to do anything more than speculate.

We know very little and we won't know much more in the next 24 hours (aside from a few investigative reporters reports) 95% of what most people have posted seems pure conjecture and speculation. Some of that is understandable in the context but it seems better to wait for some further info. and especially statements from other governments.

It used to be that reporters took time to get the facts, interview authorities and cross check information and put together a story. (Though none of that usually applies in most cases with the majority of thai reporters). Now, news agencies just spew out as much speculation and unsubstantiated info as the instantaneous appetite for 'news' can tolerate. Add to that a patent and systematic pattern by Thai security authorities to downplay security threats which may negatively impact upon the countries economy and does anyone really think that they have enough tangible info to have a semblance of clarity as to what events transpired this afternoon and the context we need to understand them in?

We can all peculate based on incomplete reports and authorities who will NOT divulge the full facts today, tomorrow nor next month but all it does it add to perceived anxieties, rumours and confusion.

Wow! That ups the ante!!

Clearly the Genie makes sense of it all. I am afraid Non of the entire story makes any sense to me, ok! As for a motive, lets say Star Trek is more believable than connections with Iran/Israel etc etc. The whole thing is just so out of place............it doesn't make sense Jingthing.

Agree - - given what has been reported there is tons more to be answered and explained ... especially given the comments coming in from around the globe.

Wow! That ups the ante!!

They were Iranians with bombs in Bangkok a hub of Iranian linked Hezbollah with good Israeli targets, the day after attacks in India and Georgia against Israel, and it doesn't make sense to you? Wow! Edited by Jingthing

I think this headline is an inaccurate and misleading one....if you actually read the article involved.

The lede of the article is quoting one Israeli govt. person as saying the BKK bombs were the work of Iranians and a terrorist plot... Nothing too surprising or out of bounds there...

But the quote about settling the score came from a different Israeli govt. person in relation to the earlier bomb attacks on Israeli diplomatic targets that occurred in two other countries, India and Georgia, on Monday....and wasn't in reference to today's events in BKK...

Unfortunately, some editor has wrongly and misleadingly conflated the two separate references together....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Reports claim foreigner who was injured threw 1st bomb at taxi & attempted to throw 2nd bomb at police but missed and blew off his legs /TANN

i didn't get it ... the guy who got his leg blown off was the person throwing the bomb ?

It's called poetic justice.