Where Better To Live With A Child In Pattaya?

chatterer2011

Hi all,

We'll soon move to Pattaya from Phuket, and we're looking for an apartment with two bedrooms, a kitchen and not far from grocery store, if there is a beach, pool or park with a playground - it we'll be nice.

Could you help me navigate in areas and prices?

Thanks in advance.

Get a house. You could pick up a decent house with private pool for 25k and up though you'll find more avoiding agent mark ups. You don't then have "Pattaya" thrust in your kids' faces every moment of every day as you would in an apartment on Jomtien or Pattaya beach. A lot of estates have 7/11s.

You'll need a car. Living with kids and using baht buses is not a long term proposition.

I lived there with a kid, both in my apartment and then house. There is no comparison at all. Once you go to a house, all apartments seem a step backwards.

Pratumnak Hill is close to the city but far enough away.

Otherwise out along the coast on the beach at Nahklua / Jomtien / Na Jomtien.

All depends on your budget. Are you looking to buy or rent?

Suggest you look at some of the estate agents websites to get an idea of what's available where.

You might also want to consider where your kid will go to school and travel times etc.

Out of the pot and into the frying pan.

Good luck. I wouldn't raise a child in Pattaya for all the money in the world.

With all the educational facilities and medical facilities, as well as all shopping needs covered, i think Pattaya must be one of the better places in Thailand to raise a child / family, but i guess if your experience of the city is limited to bars and girls then you probably don't understand this!

Exactly, +1,

A friend of mine living way out in the sticks in Isaan are now seriously considering moving to a place where his kids can get a decent education.

Living in Pattaya in a good village can be very good, its nice and quiet in our village, yet only 2-3 km down to Beach Road (North Pattaya). We have found a school for our boy only 2 km away (Maryvit).

Oh by the way, yesterday we took the car out to Bang Saray beach and had an excellent sea food lunch with sea view and 10 people on the whole beach, clear water, not bad at all.

Only alternative for me in Thailand would be Chang Mai, but I think too boring in the long run, so better go up there once a year for holiday for a week or 2 (tops).

• 1 month later...

Why anyone would want to bring up a child in Pattaya I dont know...no parks, no safe roads, unsafe pavements, dirty beaches, filthy water, nothing for children, many break-ins, high murder rates etc, surely somewhere like Hua Hin would be better?

Dont get me wrong I think overall Pattaya is a great place, but not for children!

^

Again someone who thinks Pattaya ends at 3rd road. Our moobahn on "the dark side" (which isn't dark) has a nice park, nice and safe roads, clean pool, good security. Yes of course I wouldn't choose to live on beach road with a kid, that would not make sense.

On the plus side: plenty of conveniences such as farang food/supermarkets/goods, schools, sports activities, hospitals .. ok maybe that was a bad example, but at least it's not far to Bangkok, beaches within half an hours drive.

Have a look at this map of Pattaya that was posted earlier in this topic. Note where the large majority of villages (moobahns) are located. Hint: East of Sukhumvit road.

• Like 1

Why anyone would want to bring up a child in Pattaya I dont know...no parks, no safe roads, unsafe pavements, dirty beaches, filthy water, nothing for children, many break-ins, high murder rates etc, surely somewhere like Hua Hin would be better?

Dont get me wrong I think overall Pattaya is a great place, but not for children!

I'd like more parks and good beaches in/near Pattaya too, but as far as I know there are 4 places in Thailand where an international bachelor can be obtained: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Pattaya.

Chiang Mai and Bangkok are urban hell (hot & smoggy), Phuket is expensive and lacks infrastructure, Bangkok is too far away.

Also, as Phil pointed out, Pattaya doesn't end at 3rd road, and the city has a good farang-oriented infrastructure: hospitals, doctors, schools, shopping.

And the good spots (beaches, parks) can be reached easily by car, and Bangkok is not too far away for the occasional day out at Siam Park or Dream World.

Edited by manarak

Siracha, a city north of Pattaya, is NOT a tourist town, does have a working expat community. is on the sea and is much, much cleaner. Try Siracha. If you have to be in Pattaya...then look in the area East of the city in a village. I am a single fellow working in Pattaya and have trouble finding apartments that do not have drunks or loud Russians coming and going in the hallways. (unless you are willing to pay 45,000 baht a month in a more up scale apartment.which will not have less tourists.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, we're completely satisfied in Chateau Dale))

You're right, the beach/sea in Pratumnak and Jomtien full of pollution... But we have a good swimming pool;-) And my daughter likes the Phoenix school. And there are great places - Khao Kheo, Nong Nooch. And I hope, with your help I will find a lot of nice things in Pattaya)))

I have found information about the parks: http://www.pattayaun...pho-naklua.html

Do you know where is it located??

Edited by chatterer2011
  • Like 1

You're right, the beach/sea in Pratumnak and Jomtien full of pollution... But we have a good swimming pool;-) And my daughter likes the Phoenix school. And there are great places - Khao Kheo, Nong Nooch. And I hope, with your help I will find a lot of nice things in Pattaya)))

I have found information about the parks: http://www.pattayaun...pho-naklua.html

Follow your link...scroll to the bottom and clink on the link marked "Location." It is on the Pattaya-Naklua Road - about 3 Km north of the Dolphin Circle roundabout.

Great location

Edited by manarak

Follow your link...scroll to the bottom and clink on the link marked "Location." It is on the Pattaya-Naklua Road - about 3 Km north of the Dolphin Circle roundabout.

I got it! Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
I've driven by this a number of times, wifey says it's a park and rec center for kids. Maybe you could try here? Not easy to find, but might be worth an investigation????

Thank you! I will try to find) It's on the way we go from Phoenix)

3-wheel Scooter Color-LED's For Sale (for 3+ y. o.)