Loei Accomodation

A. BOOZER

Sun Palace Hotel,  Loei

Tel 042-818717,815545

Nothing to shout about but its clean and quiet and in the town centre

Thet, wasn't it you that used to rave about the Rajabhat's as a cheap and cheerful place to stay, if ever in a provincial town? Nowt doing in Loei then, or was it the town centre location you were more interested in?

There's also a reasonable hotel down a side soi near the telephone exchange called "King's Hotel" (I think!), which has a great breakfast place (cafe boran, kai gata and those wee Vietnamese torpedo bread and mince meat rolls) further into the soi. Lots of Loei visitors and locals alike seem to end up there for breakfast, and they have a big map of the province with distances to each district on the wall. Recommended even if you don't stay in the King's.

Have you tried the Loei Palace hotel. My wife's grandfather was sick and we had to spend the night in Loei (otherwise what reason is there to be in Loei City). We went to the Loei Palace Hotel, we got a 50% discount and upgraded to a fantastic suite. I would go as far as say it's been the best hotel we stayed in anywhere in Thailand.