Uk To Bkk, Who To Use?

lujanit

Hi everyone,

I wish to purchase a piece of exercise equipment from the UK and have it shipped to BKK. It weighs about 45 kilos (rowing machine). Can anyone recommend a Company who would handle such a transfer. I am looking for a Company that would handle the shipment and import documentation/fees etc.

I have telephoned several shops who sell this bit of gear in the UK and it seems that no one will ship internationally. I telephoned Allied Pickfords here in BKK and they told me they don't handle this sort of freight.

The manufacturer does not have a Thai agent, the nearest is Singapore but the cost in Singapore is almost three times what it is in the UK.

TIA

Thanks for this, looks quite comprehensive in the services they provide.

Can you give more details as to why you are buying in the U.K ??

I too am interested in a rowing machine, so would like to know your reasons before I start my own research into what is available in Thailand.

Will be interesting to see what/if there are import duties !!

I am looking to purchase a Kettler Cambridge Rowing Machine which retails for about GBP329 through most fitness shops. Nearly all of them offer free delivery within the UK (so to a freight forwarder?)but no international shipping. I have trialled one in Singapore and they are really very good. Also they fold up so storage is not a space waster.

I looked at getting a Concept 2 but the price in Thailand is an astronomic 108,000 baht (in the US about USD900). Even in Singapore the price for the Kettler is SIN1490 which is nearly three times the cost in the UK. So I thought I would explore getting an agent to do it for me, at least give me a all in price; freight, duties, clearance etc.

As far as other brands of rowing machine I have been able to find nothing although one guy did show me a picture of one he could get in if I wanted to buy it. I don't remember the brand but it was 40k baht. I was unwilling to purchase it sight unseen as that is all he was offering.

I'm sure there will be import duty as well as GST but trying to navigate the Thai Customs website is a nightmare if you don't know the code for the article you are looking for.

why you want to ship exercise eqpt.to los when you can purchase good quality stuff here.grand sport fitness products are good quality and the prices are ok.i fitted out one of our rooms,home gym,delux recument bike,2in1 elliptical trainer&stepper +mats for 38k bht and they have a good selection of treadmills.the big malls over here have a good selection.by the time you ship to los,your side is ok,but when it reaches here you wish you hadnt bothered, customs tax,agents fees,delivery,nothing but hassle not worth the stess,buy the time you get it it might have cost you double.there are plenty of posts confirming this.

Send me a PM, my business is freight forwarding and logistics.

How do I send you a PM? On other boards there is a PM button near the author but here?????

Hover the mouse pointer over my nic and choose Send Message from the pop-up window to pops up!

I used PSS from the UK, they pickup, pack and ship (about 5 weeks to get here) - its done on cubic size, not weight. They have agents they deal with here and can do door to door to save messinbg with customs at all. They are very thorough on the paperwork and use the correct Thai forms and get it all through. they were fine for me and I ended up paying no tax when shipping my clothes from the UK because they used the correct forms and a good agent. I shipped 40cu ft for about a grand sterling all told (including fees, charges, packing, door to door - i.e. Thai delivery to CM from BKK ports). No losses, no damages. http://www.pssremovals.com/