Non-O Visa Extension

I guess I should have explained more. I am married. I am here for medical reasons. I had an original arrival stamp. I got a NON-O when that expired. I am not certain when I will need to leave again.

My wife is currently in Los Angeles. She will be back here next month for a month. She will be here until my current visa expires. My question is for how long I can get an extension? I am not planning to stay indefinitely, so I don't want to go through the marriage visa thing. Just trying to extend the time between border runs.

You still haven't explained the basis on which you got the Non-'O' after you arrived. And was it for 90 days or 1 year?

Marriage or Retirement extensions are not indefinite, you only get a max of 1 year at a time. A 1-year extension avoids the need for any border runs, but you have to report to your local immigration office every 90 days. If you do travel out of Thailand any time during the year and want to come back, you must either get a Re-entry Permit from the local office, or apply anew at an embassy abroad

You still haven't explained the basis on which you got the Non-'O' after you arrived. And was it for 90 days or 1 year?

Marriage or Retirement extensions are not indefinite, you only get a max of 1 year at a time. A 1-year extension avoids the need for any border runs, but you have to report to your local immigration office every 90 days. If you do travel out of Thailand any time during the year and want to come back, you must either get a Re-entry Permit from the local office, or apply anew at an embassy abroad

It was on the basis of marriage and it was for 90 days. I realize the marriage visa is only for 1 year but I do not to plan to be here for more than a few more months. I was under the impression that the wife could convince immigration to give me another 60 days or so.

If your wife will be here you should be able to get a 60 day extension but she will have to be with you and the reason is to visit wife so if she leaves the next day it might be suspect. You might be able to get a medical extension if you can not travel/need treatment or you could to exit to obtain a new entry/visa.

If your wife will be here you should be able to get a 60 day extension but she will have to be with you and the reason is to visit wife so if she leaves the next day it might be suspect. You might be able to get a medical extension if you can not travel/need treatment or you could to exit to obtain a new entry/visa.

Thank you, I was thinking this was the case but not sure.