Interview With The Motorcycle Taxi Driver Who Tweeted Valentine's Day Bombings

webfact

Bangkok motorcycle taxi legend remains humble and focused

Dejchat1.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Coconuts Bangkok's fearless interpreter and translator Christal has tracked down superstar motosai taxi driver Dejchat Puangket for an interview!

Dejchat became a celebrity in Thailand on Valentines' Day Feb. 14 for tweeting and blogging photos of the aftermath of the bombings that happened on Sukhumvit Soi 71. He has remained extremely humble though and is saddened by the whole affair.

“It is so sad that it's happened in Thailand. It doesn't matter who loses or who dies, we all lose. What I want is peace on earth. I don't want something like this to happen in any country.”

Dejchat heard about the bombing from a fellow motosai as he was working on Soi 71 and rushed to the scene. “My first thought was to take photos and put them on Twitter and his blog. It was important and I wanted to share it with the world and with other people in Bangkok. I wanted people in other areas of Bangkok to know what happened."

About Twitter and social media, Dejchat says he wants to use new technologies to help his business. “Most motosais do nothing when they don't have a customer. I wanted to make a website and use Twitter so I can [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ble-and-focused

-- coconutsbangkok.com 2012-02-16

footer_n.gif

“My first thought was to take photos and put them on Twitter and his blog. It was important and I wanted to share it with the world and with other people in Bangkok. I wanted people in other areas of Bangkok to know what happened."

So not to help people that might be injured then?

• Like 1

Wow! Let me see if I got this straight - he went to the scene, took photos with his mobile then pressed another button and the photos went to twitter? Fascinating!!

How did you find him? Wasn't he surrounded by a large entourage by now? Who has the movie rights to this story because it's simply amazing? He went to the scene, photographed it then tweeted the photos...what will they think of next? A true hero WPFflags.gif

Persnally dont have a problem with what he has done at all.

On the other hand , people are doing this sort of stuff all the time all over the world, so why is he being so glorified for his actions of taking a few pics and posting them, it was no big deal really.

"Has he gotten any new job offers with his newfound fame?

“I've gotten a few offers, he said. One person from a news organization offered a job as a journalist, but I said, 'No thank you.' I like being a motosai taxi driver, it's more fun and I have more freedom.”

Phenomenal!

We at Coconuts Bangkok would like to nominate Dejchat as global person of the year. "

Motorsai more 'fun' than being a journalist?

Global person of the year?

Forget the terrorism warnings, 23 countries have issued serious hyperbole warnings!

Edited by PepeLePew