Drunken Farang Falls Out Of 5th Floor Hotel Window

george

Drunken foreigner falls out of 5th floor hotel window

Boozed and bruised, young Brit survives the fall

PATTAYA: They say don’t drink and drive. Maybe a night on the town in Pattaya should include wearing a parachute. Just sitting down near an open window can be hazardous to your health.

Pattaya police rushed to Queen’s Hotel situated on Pattaya Central Road after a hotel employee reported an accident involving a foreigner. Police found the injured man, later identified as 25 year-old British national Paul Laycook, lying on the hotel’s ground yelling in great pain. He had a severe knock on the forehead and was seriously bleeding through the nose and mouth.

On the night of the accident, the ill-fated foreigner was reportedly in a drunken condition. Witnesses said Paul was sitting near the window in his 5th floor room when all of a sudden he fell out of the window. He plummeted onto the hotel entrance’s sunroof before hitting the hard cement ground.

Paul endured major injuries on the face and skull and was rapidly transferred to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-01-16

I got a call from a hotel in Pattaya the other day to tell me they were moving a customer to the ground level after he attempted to jump from the 8th level because he was upset about his mothers death back home. He was pissed(drunk) and according to the hotel security staff was, "crying like a baby" as he stood on the balcony railing !!

I become scared now :D .I live in a condo on the...22th floor in Naklua. :D

In a certain sense I shoudn't .The swimming pool is just under my balconies. :D

In an other sense,I should.Im a little bit fat and if I plunge I fear it could be me OR the water in the swimming pool :o

Seems the hotel enterence sunroof broke his fall. I read somewhere that jumping from 4 floors or less will most likely only cause you serious harm, but 5 + is almost sure to kill you. I guess it depends on your build, health, age, and how hard you are thrown. I think it's better to play it safe thought and go for 10+ floors to insure that it's not just an embarrising case of your broken body being dragged off to hospital. :o

Being drunk may have helped him survive the fall too... but it probably caused it as well, so I don't think drinking on the 5th floor balcony is such a good idea.