Looking For A 5Star Hotel In Krabi By The Sea

kunash

hi, my wife and 2 children, will be visiting thailand in the summer. normaly i like to go to the hilton in hua hin. but this time my wife wanted to try krabi.

can we fly there from ubon? ( in isaan) - or is it called udon, - i get confused.

and how far from bkk by coach? if we fly from bkk can we go from swampy?

i would like the hotel to be next to the sea with a private beach

a large hotel is fine

i like first class service

i like the hotel to be in the middle of any action, so we can walk at night to a local restaurant

happy hour is a plus

a good size swimming pool is ideal fffor

any personal recommendations pls?

for the 4 of us i dont mind paying up to 15000thb a night. so i would like a 5 star hotel pls

thank you

hmm i cant see an edit button.

i was looking at google, and saw the sofitel hotel in krabi. lovely hotel but was10 or so minutes from any outside bars or restauarants. looking at the map it seems to be on the main strip by the sea.

so, can someone pls recommend a truly 5 star hoterl in the middle of 'things', but also recommend any hotel, that is truly in the heart of the action ( i am presuming there must be some action in krabi ). - the action i am takling about is family orientated :)

None of the 5* hotels in Krabi is near any action. All of them are rather secluded. The Sofitel has a nice location, but is accross the street and the beach there is nothing extraordinary. Closest to some action is the Sheraton, the Nakamando or the Beyond Resort, which is scheduled to open late March 2012. The resorts at Tubkaek beach are far away from anything and the Centara is on an isolated beach you can reach by boat only or walking the monkey trail over the hill. Another choice would be th Rayavadee from where you can walk to Railey beach next to it with some restaurants and bars. Access is by boat only.

OP thats a tall order for Krabi, and as poster khlongmuang notes (and with a nic like that you know he knows khlong muang!), the nicer 5 stars in Krabi are not near any "action", they are in KM's neck of the woods where there isn't really anything. So you have a conundrum.

Rayavadee, yes nice but Railei beaches are now so over run with vendors, it's miserable.

OP you need to decide whats more important, your five star standards or your need to be near some entertainment zones and restaurants, because sorry to say, in Krabi, you are not going to find both.

Best solution I can come up with for you is the Sheraton, then when you want to go walk around Ao Nang get a driver from there.

Of coarse There are 5 star hotels in ao nang you have krabi resort which has it's own beach and is right in the middle of things , salla thai on nopparat thara beach then you have the hotels down past phagna inn 1 is called golden beach resort obviously can't remember the name of all of them,all the hotels mentioned by above posters are no good for theop as he has stated he wants to be able to walk to the action.

Of coarse There are 5 star hotels in ao nang you have krabi resort which has it's own beach and is right in the middle of things , salla thai on nopparat thara beach then you have the hotels down past phagna inn 1 is called golden beach resort obviously can't remember the name of all of them,all the hotels mentioned by above posters are no good for theop as he has stated he wants to be able to walk to the action.

taninthai, if you think Krabi Resort is 5 Star you are really going to disappoint the OP if he/she goes there. The place is a dump. Sala Thai is three star at best. All the hotels along the beach (Golden Dome et al) are all 3 star resorts.

Note my earlier post where I state they need to decide between walking distance or 5 star as there is not both in Ao Nang. If you truly know the area you will agree.

I would agree krabi resort is a bit old now but they still have everything thereand if your spending money on the best rooms they have it's a nice place and it is good location the hotels along the beach are a bit more than 3 star and you also have ayothai suites on nopparat thara (the 1 that looks like temple )

As for the Sheraton I have been there the swimming pool and grass they have beachfront is nice but the rooms are nothing special.

There is also a new hotel 3-5 star on the soi where aree Tara and buri Tara are along with the new mercure hotel not beachfront though but they have nice pools

I would agree krabi resort is a bit old now but they still have everything thereand if your spending money on the best rooms they have it's a nice place and it is good location the hotels along the beach are a bit more than 3 star and you also have ayothai suites on nopparat thara (the 1 that looks like temple )

As for the Sheraton I have been there the swimming pool and grass they have beachfront is nice but the rooms are nothing special.

There is also a new hotel 3-5 star on the soi where aree Tara and buri Tara are along with the new mercure hotel not beachfront though but they have nice pools

You're right, I forgot about all those new hotels going in on that soi. Not the 5 star rate but probably the OP can opt for a high end room, and is in walking distance of Ao Nang and Napparat. We're still missing on two of his three requirements (5*, private beach, walking distance) but that is a good suggestion.

OP although not in walking distance of anything google Pimilai Koh Lanta.