Sim Card--- Looking For A High "Cost Performance" Card

susanschwaiger

Hallo,

I'm using "12 call" SIM card at present.

I seldom make calls, just use the phone for receiving calls and send messages.

But the money in card often expires fast (after expiration, then I can't send messages at all). Yesterday, I charged 100 baht, and the new expire date is March 3rd. It means, when I am back from China after 3 weeks, I have to charge again, although I will not use the phone at all during my absence.

What kind of SIM card has long validity?

Thanks

Susan

Just checked. I'm on Sawasdee Mae Yok call plan (though can't say if its available now) with which you can get up to 12 months validity.

Simply pay 300 baht for the first 90 days and top-up to one year. Email one 2 call, I asked them the same question you're posing.

AIS is good with English.

• Like 1

It depends how much money you charge on your 123Call-Sim...! But it is

difficult to get top-up-cards more then 100 THB...!

Get yourself a True Inter-Sim.

It's just 50 THB plus your charged amount. You get it in every 7/11.

It is always one year valid after the last top-up (any amount!). Calls to other networks 1 THB/min.

International calls to many countries (landlines) also one Baht, you

will find it all well discripted in Eglish!

• Like 1

Call the help line and they will set you up with a plan that suits you. Yes if you have 100 baht, go to China for 3 weeks and come back but don't use it then you should have 100 baht left.

• Like 1

D-Tac have a top up validity service. Different plans have different validities and call prices but you can always add validity at the cost of 12 baht per 6 months - where you can add up to 360 days maximum.

Surely AIS has a similar deal.

• Like 1

Call the help line and they will set you up with a plan that suits you. Yes if you have 100 baht, go to China for 3 weeks and come back but don't use it then you should have 100 baht left.

Yes, there are always enough money in the card.. But if the expire date arrives, then I can't use the money at all no matter how much is it. That is really stupid

Had same problem,but send credit to another number friend or someone and get the cash and top up again costs 3 baht to transfer better than losing it all.

Ok this is interesting I have 2 12call sims one I have had for years and is no problem, the other I use only to contact "special friends" it is always expiring and I have to top it up to use, the balance always caries forward but can only make outgoing calls for a week before I have to top up again, has about B500 on it now.

How do I transfer a balance to my regular sim?

Edited by kevkev1888

It depends how much money you charge on your 123Call-Sim...! But it is

difficult to get top-up-cards more then 100 THB...!

Get yourself a True Inter-Sim.

It's just 50 THB plus your charged amount. You get it in every 7/11.

It is always one year valid after the last top-up (any amount!). Calls to other networks 1 THB/min.

International calls to many countries (landlines) also one Baht, you

will find it all well discripted in Eglish!

Noi it doesn't it depends on the call plan that you have with AIS.

I always get 300 Baht cards and top up is valid for 1 year because I use a 1 year plan.

You could always go into an AIS shop (Telwwiz in Big C X I think) and get an over the counter top up for as much as you want. I'm sure they will also set you up with a 1 year plan.

Had same problem,but send credit to another number friend or someone and get the cash and top up again costs 3 baht to transfer better than losing it all.

Ok this is interesting I have 2 12call sims one I have had for years and is no problem, the other I use only to contact "special friends" it is always expiring and I have to top it up to use, the balance always caries forward but can only make outgoing calls for a week before I have to top up again, has about B500 on it now.

*140 (star 140) call then follow commands make sure you have number of other sim handy

Edited by nickptty

*140 (star 140) call then follow commands make sure you have number of other sim handy

Thanks for that works a treat biggrin.png