Anti Theft Lock For Gear Lever

Cobrabiker

Those Construct locks look very impressive, I've never seen such a design where the lock can be retro-fitted inside the console of the car like that. Some people might suggest a clutch-pedal lock as an alternative but .... the first car I bought in Thailand was a 2001 Toyota Soluna GLi- it was stolen in 2006 and never recovered so I've no idea how exactly it was stolen, I just had to get a police report and wait 6 months for the insurance payout. Anyhow, I found this old picture on my computer showing the gear lock and clutch pedal lock that the car had, I forget the brand but they are quite common and while the Construct ones look infinitely superior, I agree with whoever left a comment on the page you linked to about cars just getting towed these day! At the time I wondered why anyone would bother stealing a Soluna but even now, 2012, you still see plenty driving around.

post-65585-0-29963600-1329569449_thumb.j

I don't know where you are located but here in Pattaya at Boy air &sound,and probably all over Thailand,they sell a device which is mounted around the steering column and which blocks the brake pedal and steering wheel.Something similar as in Aussiebebe post but invisible.It must be decent as it comes with a free 1 year theft insurance from Viryah.

Check out Aeroklas lock can be built in to immobilise engine and accelerator.

http://spy4x4.welove...5&shopid=276778AKL001.jpg

Looks good, does it fit on sedan car? Cos some of this are for pick ups only. And do they install it too?

Hi Javerbeem,I went to boy & sound, the one they have is called Lock tech, tried to install but the holes did not matched, they believe my car is imported model, and also tried similar product by D'plus, also could not match. These 2 are really good as they immobilise the ignition, I wanted it but cannot fit my car, too bad.

Looks good, does it fit on sedan car? Cos some of this are for pick ups only. And do they install it too?

mine was installed on a MU7 at time of purchase and is actually a Kobra Lock, so i'm afraid I don't have that info.I do have the Kings Auto brochure and have scanned it for you - perhaps a phone call Monday.

CCI02192012_00000.jpg

Drive around many shops here in Pattaya, none of them sell gear lever lock.

One of the shops told me he could install the lock tech which I told them I had tried installing at another shop but failed. Well it was a hard job, 2 hours to straighten up those screws and eventually ok, I highly recommend it as it is a brake lock and also engine immobilser, same with D'plus. Thanks all for your inputs.

Edited by Cobrabiker

Drive around many shops here in Pattaya, none of them sell gear lever lock.

One of the shops told me he could install the lock tech which I told them I had tried installing at another shop but failed. Well it was a hard job, 2 hours to straighten up those screws and eventually ok, I highly recommend it as it is a brake lock and also engine immobilser, same with D'plus. Thanks all for your inputs.

good to know - just saw the King of Car Thieves thread !! Aftermarket add ons seem like a must