New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

what I don't understand, why do people prefer bikes, like Nouvo, Airblade, Wave, Hayate with their closed "footplate" over the much more viable bikes with their "open footplate" (not sure about the correct term in english), like the "old" (2011-2012) Mio, Click, et.pp.?

For a start, and I respectfully will refute you taichiplanet, but they are technically different vehicles. One type are 'scooters' (Mio, Click, etc.) and the other type are 'underbones' - more common referred to as 'stepthroughs'.

• A 'scooter' is defined as a "motorcycle with step-through frame and a platform for the operator's feet";
  • An underbone is defined as a "motorcycle uses structural tube framing with an overlay of plastic or non-structural body panels and contrasts with monocoque or unibody designs where pressed steel serves both as the vehicle's structure and bodywork".

Underbones are often mistaken for scooters and are sometimes marketed as such. However, an underbone does not have a footboard, and is therefore not a scooter.

I can't be simply the fact, that they have two shocks.

It's not. The engine of an underbone is usually fixed to the chassis under the downtube, while a scooter usually has its engine mounted on its swingarm. As a result, underbone engines are usually further forwards than those of scooters. A typical underbone therefore has a more central centre of gravity than a typical scooter. Furthermore, having an engine mounted on the swingarm gives a typical scooter more unsprung mass than a typical underbone. These factors give a typical underbone better handling than a typical scooter.

The engine of an underbone typically drives the rear wheel by a chain of the kind used on a conventional motorcycle. This final drive is often concealed by a chain enclosure to keep the chain clean and reduce wear. The final drive of a scooter with a swingarm-mounted engine runs in a sealed oil bath and is shorter.

And they are NOT noticeably larger.

Not to you perhaps, but you might not have ever actually looked at the side-by-side.

Here's a quick unformatted table:

Dimensions Mio Click 125 Nouvo Hayate PCX 150

Overall length 1850 1894 1935 1935 1917

Overall width 685 680 678 670 738

Overall height 1050 1052 1057 1070 1094

Wheelbase 1240 1273 1280 1285 1315

Ground clearance 125 125 130 140 135

Seat height 745 750 770 770 760

Dry weight 91kg 105kg 105kg 108kg 140kg

Messy, but the info's all there. To me, an 8.5cm difference in size is certainly noticeable just by watching them drive past, but the real difference for me is the position of the seat. I'm 180cm tall, so an average height, and I find the seating position on my Hayate immeasurably more comfortable than that on my previous bikes (Scoopy & Click). The 2.5 cm difference in seat height might not seem like big deal, but I definitely don't feel as hunched over on the bigger Hayate.

Both are classed as underbone chassis but maybe (hopefully someone with more tech knowledge will agree or refute) due to the structure of the Elegance frame, it is more rigid and therefore gives better handling and a better ride.

Refuted. :)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, how many cm ist the Elegance wheel base longer, compared to the 125cc Mio? Two or three?

Four, with a 3.5cm higher seating position.

I don't talk about Clicks/Finos...

You did:

like the "old" (2011-2012) Mio, Click, et.pp.?

• Like 1

Generally, most manufacturers have an entry in each market segment, eg. Scoopy/Fino/Gelato; Click/Mio/Step; PCX/Nouvo/Hayate (it could be argued that the Airblade is actually the direct competitor of the Nouvo & Hayate; however, it is never mentioned in the same sentence so the general perception is that the PCX is it).

Up until now, I have always considered these segments to be pretty much equal, with the most differences in the top one: the PCX being the chubby older brother, the Nouvo being the stronger second son, and the Hayate the plain Jane sister.

Now, the game has changed; the family has been rocked. The PCX has hit the 'roids, and the Nouvo dropped to a different weight class; poor plain Jane is still plain, even though I like her a lot... This does not make the PCX the better bike, as there are too many variables to consider when choosing a bike for YOU, but it certainly looks the strongest out there now.

I'm very keen to get my bum on a new Nouvo, just to see how it rides, but I don't think I'll be trading in the Hayate just yet.

For a start, and I respectfully will refute you taichiplanet, but they are technically different vehicles. One type are 'scooters' (Mio, Click, etc.) and the other type are 'underbones' - more common referred to as 'stepthroughs'.

• A 'scooter' is defined as a "motorcycle with step-through frame and a platform for the operator's feet";
  • An underbone is defined as a "motorcycle uses structural tube framing with an overlay of plastic or non-structural body panels and contrasts with monocoque or unibody designs where pressed steel serves both as the vehicle's structure and bodywork".

Underbones are often mistaken for scooters and are sometimes marketed as such. However, an underbone does not have a footboard, and is therefore not a scooter.

I can't be simply the fact, that they have two shocks.

It's not. The engine of an underbone is usually fixed to the chassis under the downtube, while a scooter usually has its engine mounted on its swingarm. As a result, underbone engines are usually further forwards than those of scooters. A typical underbone therefore has a more central centre of gravity than a typical scooter. Furthermore, having an engine mounted on the swingarm gives a typical scooter more unsprung mass than a typical underbone. These factors give a typical underbone better handling than a typical scooter.

The engine of an underbone typically drives the rear wheel by a chain of the kind used on a conventional motorcycle. This final drive is often concealed by a chain enclosure to keep the chain clean and reduce wear. The final drive of a scooter with a swingarm-mounted engine runs in a sealed oil bath and is shorter.

And they are NOT noticeably larger.

Not to you perhaps, but you might not have ever actually looked at the side-by-side.

Here's a quick unformatted table:

Dimensions Mio Click 125 Nouvo Hayate PCX 150

Overall length 1850 1894 1935 1935 1917

Overall width 685 680 678 670 738

Overall height 1050 1052 1057 1070 1094

Wheelbase 1240 1273 1280 1285 1315

Ground clearance 125 125 130 140 135

Seat height 745 750 770 770 760

Dry weight 91kg 105kg 105kg 108kg 140kg

Messy, but the info's all there. To me, an 8.5cm difference in size is certainly noticeable just by watching them drive past, but the real difference for me is the position of the seat. I'm 180cm tall, so an average height, and I find the seating position on my Hayate immeasurably more comfortable than that on my previous bikes (Scoopy & Click). The 2.5 cm difference in seat height might not seem like big deal, but I definitely don't feel as hunched over on the bigger Hayate.

Both are classed as underbone chassis but maybe (hopefully someone with more tech knowledge will agree or refute) due to the structure of the Elegance frame, it is more rigid and therefore gives better handling and a better ride.

Refuted. smile.png

Thanks for the explainations, though i am still a little confused. But that is more my problem than yours! While i was aware of there seems to be a difference with the explanation between an underbone and scooter, i was never really sure what they were. I was actually looking at the Yamaha Phillipines website when i stated underbone for both bikes, as that is what the website describes them as.

http://www.yamaha-mo.../tech-info.html

The Honda Malaysia distributor describes the frames of the Icon and Wave as 'back bone', which i think is incorrect as a backbone is just one tube rather than a ladder type chassis/frame

http://www.boonsiewh...ns-wave110.html

http://www.boonsiewh...con-new-02.html

The description you gave for underbone "motorcycle uses structural tube framing with an overlay of plastic or non-structural body panel" can also be applied to describing what you'd call a scooter or step-through. Checking on wiki, the line is blurred on descriptions of scooters/step-throughs and underbones.

"Underbone may also refer to a class of small light motorcycles that use the construction type, known variously as step-throughs or scooters."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbone

It does seem that 'underbone' only means chassis but in time has come to mean a certain type of chassis/frame for bikes. I suppose in my mind a scooter is any type of small bike without a full frame and is divided into 2 classes; 'Step-through' has the complete flat floor, and the second type 'underbone' is sort of a half step-through (with or without floor boards) with a raised hump in the middle for the frame cross member. So a Mio, TTX, Click, Spacey, Scoopy, Fiore etc is a step-through, while an underbone is a PCX, Airblade, Nouvo, SX, Hayate, Wave etc. Maybe there is or should be better terminology, as i think the use of underbone here is not good. Maybe 'flat floor frame' and 'cross member frame' or more to the point 'case of beer stable frame' and 'case of beer tipsy frame'.

Obviously tyre size and wheelbase comes into play, but out of the 2 chassis designs wouldn't the underbone style be stiffer with the frame member going upward through the middle?

I have got past the need for speed, though i prefer a vehicle that has a little in reserve rather than wringing its neck 90% of the time. The SX seems a nice bike, though it would have been nice if they had gone up with engine size rather than down. Obviously the Asian market is different to Europe and America, where there is a choice of bigger engined scooters. So us farang in asia are stuck with what the marketing gurus think the masses generally want/need.

At the moment i have a Mio 125 and carbie Hayate. I love the brakes on the Mio, but prefer the feel and ride of the Hayate. I am sure the SX would be a nice replacement for the Hayate, but as cmx and jamesbrock have both stated, i also at the moment don't feel the need to step up to the new SX (or should that be step-through to the SX biggrin.png ; mainly cause i am a tight so-n-so!).

For reference this is the frame of the Spacey

post-70604-0-45034000-1334128511_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

Ok ok, underbone or "underbone style" vs. Scooter with an open platform.

I rode them all, except the PCX.

And I (188cm) feel very uncomfortable on all of them. They are just all too small (for my size).

So I chose the "least evil" with the Mio 125, as I can't see any advantages in these "underbone styled" bikes.

50% of (my) shopping tours, would be just impossible with a Nouvo/Airblade styled bike.

I remember my good old Step, when I needed a new Truck battery (120 Ah). I just put it on the footplate and drove back home.

Try to "balance" such a battery or similar large items, on an underbone...rolleyes.gif

And what frame is/should be stiffer, is not really an argument for me. I don't use them on a race track...

As mentioned above, the rim and tire-size is very important.

It was a great improvement in stability, when I switched from the original spoked rims (1.6" wide rear rim size) to mag wheels (1.85" wide rear rim size) and wider tires.

EDIT: 1.85" seems to be standard size now on the Mio 2011/12.

Edited by vel_tins

Thanks for the explainations, though i am still a little confused. But that is more my problem than yours! While i was aware of there seems to be a difference with the explanation between an underbone and scooter, i was never really sure what they were. I was actually looking at the Yamaha Phillipines website when i stated underbone for both bikes, as that is what the website describes them as.

The Honda Malaysia distributor describes the frames of the Icon and Wave as 'back bone', which i think is incorrect as a backbone is just one tube rather than a ladder type chassis/frame

http://www.boonsiewh...ns-wave110.html

http://www.boonsiewh...con-new-02.html

The problem probably lies more with the translator adhering to technically specific nomenclature! I'll repeat, Underbones are often mistaken for scooters and are sometimes marketed as such. However, an underbone does not have a footboard, and is therefore not a scooter.

The description you gave for underbone "motorcycle uses structural tube framing with an overlay of plastic or non-structural body panel" can also be applied to describing what you'd call a scooter or step-through. Checking on wiki, the line is blurred on descriptions of scooters/step-throughs and underbones.

"Underbone may also refer to a class of small light motorcycles that use the construction type, known variously as step-throughs or scooters."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbone

Ok, how about we use (from the same link): "An underbone cycle may share its fuel tank position and tube framing, along with fitted bodywork and splash guards with a scooter while the wheel size, engine position, and power transmission recall a larger motorcycles."

It does seem that 'underbone' only means chassis but in time has come to mean a certain type of chassis/frame for bikes. I suppose in my mind a scooter is any type of small bike without a full frame and is divided into 2 classes; 'Step-through' has the complete flat floor, and the second type 'underbone' is sort of a half step-through (with or without floor boards) with a raised hump in the middle for the frame cross member. So a Mio, TTX, Click, Spacey, Scoopy, Fiore etc is a step-through, while an underbone is a PCX, Airblade, Nouvo, SX, Hayate, Wave etc. Maybe there is or should be better terminology, as i think the use of underbone here is not good. Maybe 'flat floor frame' and 'cross member frame' or more to the point 'case of beer stable frame' and 'case of beer tipsy frame'.

Yeah, I agree that underbone is a silly term, and still refer to them as scooters, but my point was more technical than a hard rule that we should all follow. Heck, neither of them fit the technical definition of a full-frame motorbike, but we still generally call them all motorbikes at times.

Obviously tyre size and wheelbase comes into play, but out of the 2 chassis designs wouldn't the underbone style be stiffer with the frame member going upward through the middle?

Yes, but it's generally accepted that you cannot have a chassis that is "too stiff".

Ok ok, underbone or "underbone style" vs. Scooter with an open platform.

I rode them all, except the PCX.

And I (188cm) feel very uncomfortable on all of them. They are just all too small (for my size).

So I chose the "least evil" with the Mio 125, as I can't see any advantages in these "underbone styled" bikes.

50% of (my) shopping tours, would be just impossible with a Nouvo/Airblade styled bike.

I remember my good old Step, when I needed a new Truck battery (120 Ah). I just put it on the footplate and drove back home.

Try to "balance" such a battery or similar large items, on an underbone...rolleyes.gif

And what frame is/should be stiffer, is not really an argument for me. I don't use them on a race track...

As mentioned above, the rim and tire-size is very important.

It was a great improvement in stability, when I switched from the original spoked rims (1.6" wide rear rim size) to mag wheels (1.85" wide rear rim size) and wider tires.

EDIT: 1.85" seems to be standard size now on the Mio 2011/12.

Yep, I can imagine you'd feel crunched on all of them! As I said, there are too many variables to consider when choosing a bike for YOU. We can argue till we're blue in the face about frame style or size, seat height, and wheel/tyre size/width, but we're all so different that two 180cm people might not feel the same about the Hayate. While the footboard on the Click or Scoopy were handy at times, I can't really say that I missed it too much after switching to the Hayate - it has such large underseat capacity that we end up using that a lot more.

One thing I am looking forward to when I get my Hayate back, is the change from 70/90-16 F & 80/90-16 R to 80/90-16 F & 100/90-16 R.

One thing I am looking forward to when I get my Hayate back, is the change from 70/90-16 F & 80/90-16 R to 80/90-16 F & 100/90-16 R.

Well, that's the same combination, I put on my Mio 125. (but in 14").

It's a really great improvement over the stock tires.

But what's your rear rim size? Are you sure, a 100/90 will fit?

What tyres did you use? I'd prefer to get something that's good in the wet.

Rear rim on the Hayate is 1.4 x 16. What's on the Mio?

The guy in the shop says the 100's will fit (but we all know what the 'guy in the shop' says and reality rarely align); I've read on here on members putting 100's on the rear of their Nouvos; I can't imagine the rims being that different.

Tires are IRC brand. Don't know if they are good in the wet, because I don't ride while raining...tongue.png .

But Gf, who uses the bike more than me, seems to have no problems.

Rear rim on my Mio is 1.85 x 14. I had a 90/90 on a 1.6 x 14 before. But I doubt a 100/90 on a 1.4 will fit (without problems).

I don't know the size of the Nouvo, but I think its 1.6 x 16.

Maybe some Nuovo owner can enlighten us...

I avoid riding in the rain too, but lost traction on a wet patch on the road a few weeks ago and came off quite badly; so compensating for my apparent lack of skills buy putting more, stickier, rubber under my bike.

1.4 does seem a bit narrow, but that's straight from the parts catalogue; am interested to see if the Nouvo is 1.6. (If so, I'll have rim-envy!)

So has anyone bought one of these or taken one out for a test ride? If so, what was your impression?

they dont seem to be in the shops yet

i was in a yamaha dealer last week and he had loads of filanos ,mios and finos and such but no sign of any new elegance yet ..plenty of the old one in stock also

So has anyone bought one of these or taken one out for a test ride? If so, what was your impression?

they dont seem to be in the shops yet

i was in a yamaha dealer last week and he had loads of filanos ,mios and finos and such but no sign of any new elegance yet ..plenty of the old one in stock also

They have been in all the dealerships near me (some 10 or more) and in my friend's franchise for just over two weeks now :)

There are two for rent at the German owned shop on Naklua Soi 16 near my condo.

Do it, i'll even EMS you 100 for the rental fee biggrin.png

Love to hear what you think of the bike

saw a mo cyc taxi on a new ttx today ,looked nice but he was not as big as your average farang

have yet to see someone riding a new elegance though ..........

There are two for rent at the German owned shop on Naklua Soi 16 near my condo.

Do it, i'll even EMS you 100 for the rental fee biggrin.png

Love to hear what you think of the bike

You don't have to do that as I'd probably do a review anyway. In Koh Chang now. When I get back on the 21st, it is very possible my friend will be buying one immediately. If not, perhaps I will rent one, then let him try it out at which point he will probably have his own within several days and then we can do additional testing together.

We are on the southern tip of Koh Chang at Bang Bao. Two German men have rented Yamaha 135's which they are riding two up with their wives behind them. They have rented other 125 c.c. class bikes.....at Koh Kood for instance which they claim is equally hilly and they have commented on the big power of the 135 Nouvo. So, in their experience when it comes to big hills the 135 Elegance is the best by far. I drove my Honda Civic here so I can attest to how big, steep and twisty these hills are here. Elevation gets to something like a half mile above sea level or something like 2600 vertical feet and the roads are pretty insane. Rutted dirt path to our lodging

I'm keeping this forum topic alive. Does anybody know of any rental places in Chiang Mai that might have the bike? I'm surprised at how little interest there is in the bike, but I'm hoping at least someone has had a chance to try it. I haven't seen any on the road yet.

I'm surprised at how little interest there is in the bike, but I'm hoping at least someone has had a chance to try it. I haven't seen any on the road yet.

I'm afraid Yamaha have probably killed their last big hitter against Honda by lowering the engine size to 125. It could even be a better bike than the last, but those 3 little numbers can make all the difference for many.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at how little interest there is in the bike, but I'm hoping at least someone has had a chance to try it. I haven't seen any on the road yet.

I'm afraid Yamaha have probably killed their last big hitter against Honda by lowering the engine size to 125. It could even be a better bike than the last, but those 3 little numbers can make all the difference for many.

Too true, i still think it's one of the best looking scooters currently out there

It just isn't enough to make me part with my Mio125GTX, if i didn't have a scoot, i'd be all over this like flies to shizzle.

Edited by karlos

I'm surprised at how little interest there is in the bike, but I'm hoping at least someone has had a chance to try it.

Maybe, because it's just another, boring 125cc scooter? (with a needless piece of frame between your feet, imho tongue.png)

Nothing spectacular, no innovative new features.

When the Elegance came out new, some years ago, it was the only scooter with 135cc , watercooled engine and large underseat storage.

All together, a "unique selling point".

But nowadays, nobody will ever compare it seriously with the PCX 150, or even with a PCX 125.

Edited by vel_tins

I'm surprised at how little interest there is in the bike, but I'm hoping at least someone has had a chance to try it.

Maybe, because it's just another, boring 125cc scooter? (with a needless piece of frame between your feet, imho tongue.png)

Nothing spectacular, no innovative new features.

When the Elegance came out new, some years ago, it was the only scooter with 135cc , watercooled engine and large underseat storage.

All together, a "unique selling point".

But nowadays, nobody will ever compare it seriously with the PCX 150, or even with a PCX 125.

Oh yeah? I took a good friend of mine down to a Yamaha dealer yesterday. So far he's been renting and so has his sidekick who will be arriving tomorrow. Both men are large. Big Tom's six foot six for example. I cannot get either to test drive a PCX or even look at one. Yesterday, my friend put a 1000 baht deposit on a new fuel injected Yamaha Nouvo SX which he will be picking up on Thursday. The third member of our quartet has a four year old Elegance he's thinking of trading for the new SX. All three men totally despise the PCX. I don't; they do. Also, our condo parking lot is nearly full when there are say 24 bikes parked there. Of the 24, 8 will usually be Nouvo MX's or Nouvo Elegances. That is 33 % of the total with the rest being a bit of everything. There might be 2 PCX's. So what you just wrote: "But nowadays, nobody will ever compare it seriously with the PCX 150, or even with a PCX 125" can be considered seriously only by the most narrow minded, irrational fools around.

Well, I'd wait before joining in that particular judgment, Jack. It's highly unlikely, but maybe our 60K SX (alloys) is a Cycloptic dog. For 18K more, I could brag about having the luxurious PCX 150, and collect impoverished and admiring Issan females to photograph standing alongside the owner, maybe even a pretty one (the maiden, I mean, not necessarily the PCX)!

But it is certainly great newsclap2.gif that we're so close to getting real reports from the field. Even if this downgraded 125 turns out to be an anemic runt of the litter with no top end to admit to the public, don't be a stranger.smile.png Honest, let alone carefully measured, reports are rare hereabouts.

Edited by CMX

@jackcorbett

It seems, you (and your friends) are Yamaha "fanboys", but I don't want to argue with you (too hot). wink.png

Never mind, I own a Yammie too, Mio 125cc in my case. A good bike too, but unspectacular.

Nobody said, the new SX isn't a good bike, but it's no revolution, just "business as usual" with no "wow-effect"

Also no technical highlights, worth a discussion, just a decrease of engine displacement to 125cc.

And the changed cyl. head cooling? Who cares?

An increase too 150-160cc, well.. thumbsup.gif . But so?

And again, no you can't compare it with the PCX

Size/engine size/features and at least the price of the PCX, are playing in another league.

Edit: I am not sure, what other bike is comparable to the new SX?

Click/Spacy/Mio etc. doesn't have this "underbone style" frame, Honda Wave AT? No, not really.

The SX and also the PCX are the only bikes in their class.

Edited by vel_tins

@jackcorbett

It seems, you (and your friends) are Yamaha "fanboys", but I don't want to argue with you (too hot). wink.png

Never mind, I own a Yammie too, Mio 125cc in my case. A good bike too, but unspectacular.

Nobody said, the new SX isn't a good bike, but it's no revolution, just "business as usual" with no "wow-effect"

Also no technical highlights, worth a discussion, just a decrease of engine displacement to 125cc.

And the changed cyl. head cooling? Who cares?

An increase too 150-160cc, well.. thumbsup.gif . But so?

And again, no you can't compare it with the PCX

Size/engine size/features and at least the price of the PCX, are playing in another league.

Edit: I am not sure, what other bike is comparable to the new SX?

Click/Spacy/Mio etc. doesn't have this "underbone style" frame, Honda Wave AT? No, not really.

Hayate and Airblade are the direct competitors to the Nuovo.

Edit: Even though I didn't agree with you about the PCX now being in a class of its own in post #124, I do now.

There is nothing about any of the three (Nouvo, Hayate, Airblade) that is remotely comparable to the PCX as the four of them are now, save the underbone design.

Edited by jamesbrock

Hayate and Airblade are the direct competitors to the Nuovo. ~ JB

For size and storage. But the Airblade has never had more than 110cc, unless I'm wrong again?

Nope, you're not wrong.

Edit: there's a 125 Airblade in Vietnam, which is where this guy must have got his from... Unless we're both wrong!

Edited by jamesbrock

@jackcorbett

I believe my posts have a history that shows I can not be equated with my three friends who most definitely are Yamaha fanboys. My position is this-----The SX and the PCX represent the best in this market segment so each would be a good choice depending on what the buyer wants. As for myself I'd be happy with either and not satisfied with say a Honda Wave, Honda Scoopy, Fino, and so on. In fact, I've urged two of the three friends I've mentioned to give the PCX a try because I personally feel that a PCX would suit a 280-300 pound guy better than the lighter bodied Nouvo Elegance or SX.

Apparently you and I are in agreement here based on your last statement. John who just put 1000 baht down on the SX was just telling me that he felt I could get a fair amount of money on my Nouvo Elegance since it still have just 9000 kilometers on it, so should I trade? Apparently John feels I'm due for a bit of a change since I've had my bike for over three years now. I personally think the new SX has a slightly better style than my Elegance. On that basis alone it should do a little better in sales then the Elegance. And fuel injection does represent an improvement that makes the current SX a more attractive bike than the Elegance had been. But I don't see any real reason for me to trade my Elegance for the SX even though it will be easier to start when it's been sitting for long (I just spent 8 days in Koh Chang and I did have to crank my Elegance for about fifteen to twenty seconds to get underway) and even though it's got a sexier instrument pod and slightly better lines. But whereas a month or two ago I might have preferred getting a PCX to a new Nouvo, especially when I heard the PCX had upsized from a 125 to a 150 whereas the Yamaha has downsized to a 125, I have revised my thinking. If I didn't already have a bike, I'd have to go for the new Yamaha SX. Around here I really doubt if I'd see any power difference. And really Yamaha has to be commended. Back in early 2006 I bought my first Nouvo, which was a 113 c.c. air cooled MX with 8.9 horsepower for 53,000 baht excluding insurance and registration costs. In January 2009 I bought my Elegance which brought water cooling and 11.2 horsepower to the table while offering better fuel economy and better handling. I got it for 52,500 baht from the same dealer I had gotten my first bike from. And now Yamaha's offering a fuel injected model with slightly better styling for the same 52,500 baht (with wire wheels). Yeah....I got 26 percent more horsepower when I moved up to the 135 c.c. Elegance. However..the new SX is still offering 17 or 18 % more power than my first Nouvo gave me. So all in all this new SX represents a really compelling package and I believe it's an unbeatable value. And if I really want something with more speed and power, driving my new Honda Civic back from Koh Chang beat the hell out of any bike especially when my girlfriend and I ran into a friend of mine who suddenly showed up on the Koh Chang ferry and he took me up on a ride back to Pattaya.