New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as this is Thailand I guess this will not stop anyone

Correct and it is invisible too.

Sidecars are also illegal, but who cares. And they are far away from invisible...

As for the poll, I would add the possibility of placing the tank under the front fairing.

(No loss of storage space for scooter.)

Because I wonder, how they realized it at the Fiore, I will remove the fairing tomorrow and have a closer look.

Or has sombody already pictures of Fiore*s fuel tank?

Edited by vel_tins

Sidecars are also illegal, but who cares. And they are far away from invisible... V_D

A few are legal, but most, by far, are not. I've read somewhere that police ignore them particularly if they've mounted lights fore and aft, as they are almost always associated with livelihoods, country and city.

yes, kevlar, yes

Too true, but thinking of keeping the price point down. Nothing wrong with offering an additional 'premium' product though...

I wouldn't mind spending 10k or 15k, as I had to drive to the station today AGAIN driving about 6 Km for nothing!

I wouldn't mind spending 10k or 15k, as I had to drive to the station today AGAIN driving about 6 Km for nothing!

Which is why I included the higher price points! As westerners are a funny bunch, and what one person considers 'good value', e.g. a 24,500 baht mobile phone, most others would baulk at. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have to travel some distances, like you, to refuel, so $300 over the lifespan of your bike might not be too much to ask for being able to last up to three times longer.

well, for 15.000 it is yours, PM me for details...but please note: Yamaha Mio not included..

post-15975-0-74614700-1335704949_thumb.j

Package includes:

A chromed mounting for your bike

bike specific installation kit , includes all necessary nuts, bolts and accessories.

handmade, solid holder for the red basket

the red basket

two special, heavy duty, modified cans, 10 l each, (different colors available)

cans pre-filled with 20 l of gasohol E20, or gasoline 91.

a manual in english/german/thai

tongue.png

Edited by vel_tins
  • Like 1

well, for 15.000 it is yours, PM me for details...but please note: Yamaha Mio not included..

post-15975-0-74614700-1335704949_thumb.j

Package includes:

A chromed mounting for your bike

bike specific installation kit , includes all necessary nuts, bolts and accessories.

handmade, solid holder for the red basket

the red basket

two special, heavy duty, modified cans, 10 l each, (different colors available)

cans pre-filled with 20 l of gasohol E20, or gasoline 91.

a manual in english/german/thai

tongue.png

If theres not a beer cooler to always have a ready supply of frisches Veltins, then I don't buy! And the manual must also be in french and russian.

But as with all new fuel systems, there aren't a lot of stations where to refill the Veltins.

Edited by manarak

It would be a hard sell to the Thais. My sister in law has a small store and sells gasoline. The Thais come in and want anywhere from 20 to 50 baht worth of gasoline.

As far as my wife and myself, we usually keep a can or two of gasoline at home. A gasoline powered generator, a weed whacker and a sprayer all take gasoline so it is also used for both our bikes.

I'd like to have a larger tank for my Elegance but wouldn't pay much extra for it especially if came at the expense of losing storage space. My wife is typical Thai and seldom puts more than a liter in her bike at a time. I seldom ride her Suzuki but when I do I can count on the tank being nearly empty. She can't understand that it costs no more to keep the tank full.

It would be a hard sell to the Thais. My sister in law has a small store and sells gasoline. The Thais come in and want anywhere from 20 to 50 baht worth of gasoline.

As far as my wife and myself, we usually keep a can or two of gasoline at home. A gasoline powered generator, a weed whacker and a sprayer all take gasoline so it is also used for both our bikes.

I'd like to have a larger tank for my Elegance but wouldn't pay much extra for it especially if came at the expense of losing storage space. My wife is typical Thai and seldom puts more than a liter in her bike at a time. I seldom ride her Suzuki but when I do I can count on the tank being nearly empty. She can't understand that it costs no more to keep the tank full.

I never fill any vehicle less than 100% full ,i see thais all the time stopping to get a litre of gas and cant fathom why they wouldnt just fill the thing to the neck

putting 20 thb in the wave every morning for the day just seems like insanity .......do they like stopping to purchase gas or what is the rationale behind it ?

I never fill any vehicle less than 100% full ,i see thais all the time stopping to get a litre of gas and cant fathom why they wouldnt just fill the thing to the neck

putting 20 thb in the wave every morning for the day just seems like insanity .......do they like stopping to purchase gas or what is the rationale behind it ?

I would think that its due to the majority of Thais living day by day week by week same as other countrys for example, people who live in the UK who go and put only £10 of Fuel in there car instead of filling it up due to the fact they are on a budget and have bills to pay, food to buy and can only afford to put in what they can.

Two other reasons perhaps:

1. in the airplane world putting in more fuel than you need for your upcoming flight is called "tankering" (as in "being a fuel tanker") and is discouraged as you're wasting energy carrying gas you don't need around.

2. If you've got a full tank then others needing some fuel may "borrow" from you.

I would think that its due to the majority of Thais living day by day week by week same as other countrys for example, people who live in the UK who go and put only £10 of Fuel in there car instead of filling it up due to the fact they are on a budget and have bills to pay, food to buy and can only afford to put in what they can.

but time is money and life is short

logically it could cost even more to drive into the gas station and fill every day than carry the huge payload of about 3 litres of fuel in a honda wave

1. in the airplane world putting in more fuel than you need for your upcoming flight is called "tankering" (as in "being a fuel tanker") and is discouraged as you're wasting energy carrying gas you don't need around.

2. If you've got a full tank then others needing some fuel may "borrow" from you.

how long have you been driving in thailand and how often does someone want to siphon fuel out of your scooter so they can borrow it ?

it hasnt happend me yet ,but maybe im doing something wrong ........rolleyes.gif

how long have you been driving in thailand and how often does someone want to siphon fuel out of your scooter so they can borrow it ?

it hasnt happend me yet ,but maybe im doing something wrong ........rolleyes.gif

I'm always in the company of well to do farang who always fill up at the gas station. If I spent more time around folks who drove on fumes and for whom a fill up is a days wages then I might expect that some siphoning may occur. It's just speculation...

5 or 6 liters extra is hardly tankering, especially considering the weight of most western drivers :-)

I hope you pee every time before driving your motorbike to avoid wasting energy.

Driving the 6 klicks to and back from the station uses more fuel I guess, but I value my time much more than the spent fuel.

A. Some of us like to carry extra fuel in a light aircraft, no matter what one calls the practice. Jumbo jets something else.

B. Either way, regs call upon pilots to carry sufficient fuel to their destination, an alternate (both of which said pilot has determined to be open and available), and a reserve. In short, we always 'tanker' a good deal of fuel by rule. It costs more to carry over similar distances, it's true.

C. The number of accidents and fatalities because of running out of fuel continue as a problem in aviation.

Thus, a bike rider who wants fuel enough to get to a likely spot for petrol, and who carries in reserve enough to the next likely place, plus extra, is carrying no more than an airplane's wise pilot. Getting away from known roads and towns can justify wanting greater range.

Edited by CMX

A. Some of us like to carry extra fuel in a light aircraft, no matter what one calls the practice. Jumbo jets something else.

Certainly you can carry what you wish but that doesn't change the name of the term for carrying excessive fuel.

B. Either way, regs call upon pilots to carry sufficient fuel to their destination, an alternate (both of which said pilot has determined to be open and available), and a reserve. In short, we always 'tanker' a good deal of fuel by rule. It costs more to carry over similar distances, it's true.

I said "carrying more fuel than you need." The aviation regulations specify how much you need to carry for a certain flight (IFR or VFR) and that includes reserves. So without question you must carry at least that amount plus an amount above that that makes you comfortable.

C. The number of accidents and fatalities because of running out of fuel continue as a problem in aviation.

Very true.

But filling the plane with five hours of fuel for a one hour VFR flight in good weather is tankering. No question about that.

And tankering is not always a bad thing. If you fly from a rural airport with cheap gas into the big city where the gas is expensive it's a good idea to bring fuel for the return

trip with you.

Well, in any case, filling a bike's tank to the top (assuming I'm not buying by the liter bottle far from towns) almost always makes sense on a motorbike, to me, as the weight of say, an extra 5 liters (under 3 kilos) is not going to change my fuel use significantly. As the topic relates to longer range, we are necessarily being concerned with the alternative of being worried - or running out of fuel.

And if this new Honda Click-i 125 with its eSP is truly good - anything above 45km/l with fuel, its 5.5 tank might indicate that Honda has heard.

Almost 6 in the new PCX 150 might not be as bad as it seems, either.

• 3 weeks later...

got mine last week and i"m very pleased with it...short rides next to home in traffic hours are so easy and fun

i thinking to replace the stock tiers to a wider ones, still waiting for the givi top cases to arrive for this model (the place in lat pharo 87) they said around 1 month...

so if anyone have any good places to get nice stuff for my sx please send a pm or post it here...

thanx

Aviadkk: Keep us informed if possible about the bike's performance as you put more miles on it. We have 11 pages on this topic and practically nothing has been written about how the bike feels, it's speed on hills, it's comfort, etc...

If you have owned other bikes, how does it compare? I'm trying to decide between the new click and the nouvo sx but nobody that owns either one seems to be willing to share their impression. thanks...

Well i never had a scooter before only a xj400 but im a big guy 5' 11 ,198lb

And i have to say i'm impressed with it's power for a 125...rode with a friend the other day on rama iv and he's also a big dude...and the bike simply does not care...:-) it's comfy and well built does not feel cheap in any way...it has room for a full face "orbid" helmet under the seat. i'm trying to finish the first 1000km without breaking the 80kmh limit as i was told by the yamaha shop but it's hard :-)) and for the gas issue i can agree that it is to small even that in bkk u have a gas station every 2 min...i would like to be able to ride some more without refueling...any other QA? I'll be happy to answer...:-)

Bought a new Nouvo about 2 weeks ago. Nice riding bike especially for the city. Fill up with fuel about every 3 days, approximately 150-180km in range. Performance is good, will beat out the older Nouvo 135 from the start to finish although I have only had it up to 100kmh but there was some more left. Have heard top speed is a little over 110kmh but not sure and really have no interest in going that fast on a scooter anyway. The gauges are really nice, tells me I am getting around 45km per liter but personally I think that the headlight is the most impressive, works really well illuminating the road, high beam will blind oncoming traffic easily although I never have to use it in the city as the normal low beam is more than ideal.

Edited by commande

Bought a new Nouvo about 2 weeks ago. Nice riding bike especially for the city. Fill up with fuel about every 3 days, approximately 150-180km in range. Performance is good, will beat out the older Nouvo 135 from the start to finish although I have only had it up to 100kmh but there was some more left. Have heard top speed is a little over 110kmh but not sure and really have no interest in going that fast on a scooter anyway. The gauges are really nice, tells me I am getting around 45km per liter but personally I think that the headlight is the most impressive, works really well illuminating the road, high beam will blind oncoming traffic easily although I never have to use it in the city as the normal low beam is more than ideal.

Top speed on the new clicki is about 110-115. One year old nouvo 135 carb is about the same. The new nouvo should be about the same. I think Honda/Yamaha put limiters on their scooters.

was in the big Mityon at South Patts, they had 3 'new' Nouvo Elegance 135LC but not one of the nuovo Nouvo SX! Don't know if it is old stock or maybe they are still making them; the Yam Thailand website still has the LC listed, not that that means much.

Does any one know if i can get a pair of pirelli's Diablo scooter tires in bkk and if they have 16" that would fit my new sx?...thnx

Contact Charlie 089 003 8886 at Competizioni Moto (the Pirelli importer), she speaks perfect english.

What are the rim sizes (stamped on the rims)? Looking at what the original tyre sizes are, and at what Pirelli has available in the Diablo Scooter range, probably won't (safely) fit.

It would be nice if the bike companies in thailand had a factory option for a slightly bigger rim for some of the scoots.

Edited by taichiplanet

Does any one know if i can get a pair of pirelli's Diablo scooter tires in bkk and if they have 16" that would fit my new sx?...thnx

Contact Charlie 089 003 8886 at Competizioni Moto (the Pirelli importer), she speaks perfect english.

What are the rim sizes (stamped on the rims)? Looking at what the original tyre sizes are, and at what Pirelli has available in the Diablo Scooter range, probably won't (safely) fit.

It would be nice if the bike companies in thailand had a factory option for a slightly bigger rim for some of the scoots.

Not Diablos, but I recently got a set of Pirelli ML 75 from Charlie at Competizioni Moto, for my 16" rimmed Hayate.

I was pretty worried that they'd be too narrow, as I actually wanted to go wider, but they look really good on!

All up I paid 1230 baht, including delivery to Samui.

Not Diablos, but I recently got a set of Pirelli ML 75 from Charlie at Competizioni Moto, for my 16" rimmed Hayate.

I was pretty worried that they'd be too narrow, as I actually wanted to go wider, but they look really good on!

All up I paid 1230 baht, including delivery to Samui.

i wanna go wider...the original sx tire gives me a scare too much...

i wanna go wider...the original sx tire gives me a scare too much...

Good luck with your search then.

You could go with a 80/90-16 Dunlop TT900 on the front, and a 100/80-16 IRC SS-530F on the rear, but I chose the Pirellis because they have a much stickier compound than the IRC. After all, it's not just the size of the contact patch while the bike is upright, but whether that contact patch grows as the bike leans, and, of course, the compound of the rubber. The Pirellis have a much better profile than the IRC's (as well as better water channelling), and a softer compound. Each to their own though.