Building A Small House In Isaan Village

snoother

Im currently building a thai/farang house at 8.5 x 8.5 for the main inside space and extras outside so not too much difference from what you have here. Its a self build between me and dad with work bought in at 250 a day. Budget currently running at 420k including 75k +15k land fix for the 1/2 rai. I still have the outside to plaster and a 4x8.5 pourch to add with roof. I think ill be around 500k by the time im finnished. I have found most of the village helpful and they dont take the piss, except for a few so called profesional quotes that gave european prices so i bined them and did it mysellf. I decided what I wanted, including 4m between posts which only needs stronger steel for the roof and good rebar for the foundations and tie ins. I have had to deal with some strange local belifes like cant have more than 5 amps, have to buy electric meter, cant have wires in wall in Khon Khan, cant put pipes in wall, cannot have earth wire in electric, cant have phone or internet in village and farang toilet needs big water tank to work. As I have read many of the forum articals and I'm an engineer, I have managed to show them that they are not always right and our western magic works too. So the overall biggest problem is if they dont understand then you cant have. Just be patient and read read read all the advice on this forum.

pics?

Tidy.