Can You Get A Multiple Entry Visa Before You Have A Work Permit?

Dear list, what happens if you already have a non-immigration, single entry visa?

Can you go to Chiang Watanna Road to apply for a multiple entry permit to travel outside BEFORE you get a work permit? Or do you have to get a work permit before everything can be done?

My sincere thanks,

We do not know what you are asking about. If it is visas from a Consulate most will not provide more than single entry with only a work permit application and those that will provide multi entry will often have a minimum six months or more requirement on work permit. As for travel re-entry permits can be issued on any entry to keep the current entry alive but any change in that entry (extension for work or such) will cancel the current re-entry permit.

slightly off-topic, but is such a re-entry permit available for a tourist Visa (3 entries) too, if, f.e., I have to leave the country after only 14 days and can not make use of the full 60 days ? and will it not affect my 2nd and 3rd entry ?

Yes. Remember it only keeps your current permitted to stay alive - it does not add anything - you return and get the same permitted to stay stamp you had when you departed. It does not effect later entry.

good to know and thanks for the clarification.

1.000 THB might be money well spent, considering my frequent travels and the fact this would eat up even a triple-entry-tourist-Visa in just 2-3 months.....

oh, I have one more to ask Lopburi3, the Master of the Thaivisa-Universe:

When it comes to reaching the age of 50 to apply for a non-immi-O, will they count the year or the EXACT day of birth ?

For example, if I wanna apply for such a Visa in January 2013, even my 50th birthday is only in May 2013 ? will it be accepted ?