Movers & Shakers Bangkok

header.gif

MOVERS & SHAKERS BANGKOK

Corporate Charity Network Event

1st Edition of a MONTHLY BANGKOK NETWORK EVENT!

“Movers & Shakers”; The BIGGEST corporate network event of its kind on the Eastern Seaboard (ESB), NOW introduces a “niche” in Corporate Networking!

”EAST meets WEST”: Where ESB professionals meet & greet their Bangkok colleagues vise versa!

Date: FRIDAY 24th FEBRUARY 2012

Time: 06:00-08:30 PM

Venue-sponsor: Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel | R-bar

Network sponsor: HEIGHTS HOLDINGS | Leading developers of luxury condominiums on the Eastern Seaboard, with projects in Pattaya’s most desirable beach-side locations.

ADMISSION

THB 400 for Members & Ladies

THB 750 for Everyone Else

A FREE flow of beer & wine plus a mouthwatering range of delicious finger-snack food are ALL included!

Available while stocks last.

After 08:30 pm (until 10 pm) the R-Bar offers a bottle of Singha Light (100++); Singha Draft (150++) and House-Wine (150++)

For further F&B promotions please contact us.

VIP-MEMBERSHIP

VIP-Member Vouchers available at the Ticket Desk.

Each Booklet has 12 VIP-Member Vouchers which you can use as you need or share with friends.

1 BOOKLET = 2000 THB

SPECIAL OFFER VIP-Member Booklets

BUY 3 GET 1 FREE!

DRESS TO IMPRESS

Casual elegant or business attire is most appreciated.

No shorts, sleeveless shirts or slippers please.

TRANSPORT | (Map)

BTS Chidlom Station Exit Number 2

HOTEL-ACCOMMODATION

If you are looking for discounted hotel-accommodation in Bangkok please take a lot at the current specials here.

NETWORK PROGRAM

Event details on FACEBOOK

BANGKOK CHARITY BENEFICIARIES

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give!

The charity beneficiaries of the M&S Bangkok events are:

SANUK CSR Co., Ltd | Education Fund for the underprivileged

Sister Joan Evans (PBVM) | For her projects in the slum area of Klong Toei

Movers & Shakers has no hands-on involvement in charity donations.

We donate money to projects where EVERY Baht is well-spent.

Best regards,

Movers & Shakers

ORGANIZING NETWORK-EVENTS THAT WORK!

and why is that for ladies, or do you think the only ladies that will attend are attached to thier 'MOVER & SHAKER' husbands/boy friends???

Edited by kmj

dear KMJ,

Thanks for your kind response and feedback.

In all honesty it is not to accommodate the ladies to their "Movers & Shakers" hubbies or bf's. Although it helps.

We experienced a significant growth in the network events after we introduced this 'idea' into our Eastern Seaboard functions.

For an interesting 'blend' of guests, we find it important to also have the PA's and Secretaries, sales-ladies etc 'on board'.

Allowing them a slightly reduced entrance fee give them an incentive to join.

Their male colleagues often have an allowance to attend these kind of meetings whereas many of their female colleagues don't.

I know there are also network events where ladies are kept 100% free (e.g. Bangkok Trader network); but this is a concept we do not want to adopt.

I hope this answers somewhat to your response.

If not; please feel free to let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

dear KMJ,

In all honesty it is not to accommodate the ladies to their "Movers & Shakers" hubbies or bf's. Although it helps.

We experienced a significant growth in the network events after we introduced this 'idea' into our Eastern Seaboard functions.

For an interesting 'blend' of guests, we find it important to also have the PA's and Secretaries, sales-ladies etc 'on board'.

Their male colleagues often have an allowance to attend these kind of meetings whereas many of their female colleagues don't.

I know there are also network events where ladies are kept 100% free (e.g. Bangkok Trader network); but this is a concept we do not want to adopt.

and why is that for ladies, or do you think the only ladies that will attend are attached to thier 'MOVER & SHAKER' husbands/boy friends???

Double pricing. Standard in Thailand.

If you read the above you may understand it is not about double pricing, most executives have a budget for attending functions, the staff such as PA's and receptionists don't so it is done to make it possible for them to attend as well.

dear KMJ,

Double pricing. Standard in Thailand.

If you read the above you may understand it is not about double pricing, most executives have a budget for attending functions, the staff such as PA's and receptionists don't so it is done to make it possible for them to attend as well.

Sounds an interesting event again, although I wasn't in town this time.

Would agree with the post above that it still remains a double standard and somewhat of a weak excuse for inequality and gender discrimination.

For the decent companies I've worked for, female as well as males will both be compensated one way or another in similar manners and it has nothing to do with gender, simply roles. If to be believed, the implication is that the companies movers and shakers work with aren't companies that I'd prefer to associate with if they don't treat their employees fairly.

The real answer to their argument is to offer PAs and secretaries a reduced rate so it's not based on gender. "Sales ladies" usually get the same allowances as "sales men" so that's just a fudge :)