Visiting Uk,

My Thai wife is only 17 and i want to take her to UK within 2/3 months to visit my family there maybe for a couple of weeks, is it best just letting her do all the relevant paperwork with her family as guarantors and her just applying on her own as i read somewhere that UK wont allow Thai wife in till 19 years old, a bit confused about this issue like many, advise please..

17 eh, and how old are you ? giggle.gif

Why.

because the Visa Entry Clearence people will look at this, if she is 17 and he is say 21 and under, they will be ok, if he is say over 40 , they might not grant a visa as they know she is only init for the money !

there is an interesting programe on TV at the moment, been around a while call ' Border force ' , and they film in the UK consulates around the world .... and any one with a big age cap, or a young girl gets grilled alot !

Why.

because the Visa Entry Clearance people will look at this, if she is 17 and he is say 21 and under, they will be ok, if he is say over 40 , they might not grant a visa as they know she is only in it for the money !

there is an interesting program on TV at the moment, been around a while call ' Border force ' , and they film in the UK consulates around the world .... and any one with a big age cap, or a young girl gets grilled alot !

Exactly. coffee1.gif

because the Visa Entry Clearence people will look at this, if she is 17 and he is say 21 and under, they will be ok, if he is say over 40 , they might not grant a visa as they know she is only init for the money !

How will the ECO who is supposed to make their decision on the evidence supplied know that "she is only init for the money"?

there is an interesting programe on TV at the moment, been around a while call ' Border force ' , and they film in the UK consulates around the world .... and any one with a big age cap, or a young girl gets grilled alot !

Given that few, if any, applicants are interviewd how does that work then, are you suggesting that Entry Clearance Officers only grill "any one with a big age cap, or a young girl"?

The job of the ECO is to make a judgement on the evidence supplied that the conditions of the visa are complied with and that, on the balance of probabilities the applicant will leave the UK at the conclusion of the visit. ECO's are not there to make judgements on individuals or act as the moral police.

• Like 2

Why.

Which episode, which series, I thought I had watched the lot, the only one I can recall was a woman from South Wales (past her sell by date) who married some gent from Pakistan or India who was younger than her and was going to kicked out the UK, they were just establishing whether the marriage was genuine.

It is not an ECO’s job to pass moral judgment, and I have every reason to believe that even though some may have personal views on age difference, same sex relationships, etc, they do their job in a professional way as not to allow their personal views cloud their judgement as demonstrated in the UKBF programmes.

(By the way UKBF dealt mainly with the staff working at “port of entry” like Heathrow who are not ECO’s but are enforcing the same rules and laws).

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Why.

Which episode, which series, I thought I had watched the lot, the only one I can recall was a woman from South Wales (past her sell by date) who married some gent from Pakistan or India who was younger than her and was going to kicked out the UK, they were just establishing whether the marriage was genuine.

It is not an ECO’s job to pass moral judgment, and I have every reason to believe that even though some may have personal views on age difference, same sex relationships, etc, they do their job in a professional way as not to allow their personal views cloud their judgement as demonstrated in the UKBF programmes.

(By the way UKBF dealt mainly with the staff working at “port of entry” like Heathrow who are not ECO’s but are enforcing the same rules and laws).

Think immigration is up to speed with nationalities and age differences from which ever quarter. Even a numb nut like me knows what goes on and l am not being paid. coffee1.gif

OK,So what is going on? Please enlighten us.

Why ,,, again

Age gap will be an important issue, at 17 she's isnt even an adult in the UK and under 21 a problem on the Thai side too.

Given your own reluctance to be open and honest here it is extremely suspicious and speaks volumes as to your own perhaps uncomfortable disposition over the age.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1