Halliburton Gets Iraq Oil Contract

the gentleman

Why don't you answer the question? You called Americans stupid in your post, but it is obvious that you are uneducated yourself. Are you claiming to have the education of a typical adult Australian? Do you claim to have finished high school in Australia? Sorry, but you could not write like you do and have made it through high school in the U.S.!

No I am far from uneducated sir, I just type at 100 words a minute and dont go back and check - basically as I have a life and my answers are usually brief and quick, thats the only reason! You keep using your spell check and ILL wing it.

You know you guys are uneducated, Im sure you have seen the current status of your education system - I used to employ 2 Yanks with MIT educations - They only know what they learnt, but nothing about life and the like.

Start putting money into your school systems, instead of the military, then again, more in defence would be a better option as your gonna need it. :o

P.S. I am also not representing Australia, only myself - there are far brighter Aussies than me!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are too stupid to even check what you write and post somewhere, that is stupid indeed, but you and I know that you are lying. You are not educated and you are putting down other people's countries and education systems. You are both dense and a hypocrite.

Of course most Australians are much smarter than you, but they are not posting letters on the Internet -that look like they were written by 3 year olds- calling the citizens of another country stupid. You are a disgrace to all the good Aussies out there that mind their own business and don't talk sh1t about other people's countries!

It is funny, that you keep on harping on  this point if it is so unimportant. You know how foolish it made you look to say something so obviously stupid, so you can't drop it. :o

Anyway, I have answered your original question (over and over), before you started twisting, dodging, changing: Yes, the reason that there is such a LARGE number of complaints is because of technology. There are actually many FEWER activists now than during the Vietnam era, but the Internet, 24 hour cable news, etc. gives these few wackos, such as yourself, many more places to air their views.

Does that answer your question satisfactorily dim one? :D

Jeezus H! What world do you live in dude? It certainly ain't the one I and 5.75 billion others live in! Do you ever read a newspaper or watch anything other than Faux/CNN? Even if you read relatively unbiased papers like NYTimes or Wash Post, you'd know that a million people turned up on the streets of UK back in March to protest the invasion of Iraq and millions more protested throughout the rest of the world and even in your adopted town of Chiang Mai outside the US Consulate! Suppose that doesn't fit in with your myopic view of the world, so you chose to ignore it, Ostrich! Now those are just the people who could be bothered to turn out (activists if you like), and then there's the silent majority who don't particularly like what the US is doing, but haven't quite got the gall or guts to get out their pens, tap on their keyboards or get out on the streets and make their voices heard. I suspect a fair number are reading this Forum just now. If that sounds like you, may I just make one little request that won't take 5 mins - go back to the Bear Pit menu and click on the thread titled something like "Martin Luther King Jr - Silence is Betrayal". You might be glad you did.................... :D

Meanwhile, Georgie Boy's read it without comprehension of its significance. :D

If you are too stupid to even check what you write and post somewhere, that is stupid indeed, but you and I know that you are lying. You are not educated and you are putting down other people's countries and education systems. You are both dense and a hypocrite.

Of course most Australians are much smarter than you, but they are not posting letters on the Internet -that look like they were written by 3 year olds- calling the citizens of another country stupid. You are a disgrace to all the good Aussies out there that mind their own business and don't talk sh1t about other people's countries!

Whatever you reckon Georgie>

I think you might be the Hypocrite as you are the man (please re read your posts on all things to do with Iraq), that puts down countries that arent with you gun ho Yankees in Iraq, you also have a go at all Muslim people. You are a typical Bush supporter and have used his same quote "if your not with us - your against us".

You kid yourselves that you live the American dream, you are clones, the majority of Americans take themselves far to serious and your thoughts and actions are THE WAY to live life.

The American Dream - highest rate of obesity, highest rate of cancer, highest rate of diabetes, highest rate of personal and International debt, highest rate of lawyers per capita, highest rate of violent crimes, highest rate of bankruptcy, highest rate of idiots on this forum.

Dont be a follower georgie, read a few stats on other websites, read other views and opinions - that is how education starts - turn off CNN!

The American dream - no thanks and Baghdad doesnt need a McDonalds!

Whoever had the post - "America are keeping the oil for the Iraqi people" - then why didnt the contact go to an Iraqi company and what benefit to the Iraqis is Halliburton - he must be one of yours Georgie!

It seems rather hypocritical to condem Halliburton just because two of their employees out of a world-wide staff of thousands have taken kickbacks.

Halliburton gets these contracts because they are the best in their field. Their equipment and world-wide network of oilfield services is unrivaled. Sure, there's some other players but basically they are an international company that just happens to have a home office in the US.

Schlumberger, who ranks supreme in their field - downhole testing - happens to be headquartered in France. If a couple of Schlumberger hands get cought taking kickbacks do you suppose there would be a big deal made of it?

Just more America bashing... :o

Boon Mee

plachon. have you ever heard the one about beating a dead horse? I'll answer your question for about the fifth time:

It is funny, that you keep on harping on  this point if it is so unimportant. You know how foolish it made you look to say something so obviously stupid, so you can't drop it. :D 

Anyway, I have answered your original question (over and over), before you started twisting, dodging, changing: Yes, the reason that there is such a LARGE number of complaints is because of technology. There are actually many FEWER activists now than during the Vietnam era, but the Internet, 24 hour cable news, etc. gives these few wackos, such as yourself, many more places to air their views.

Does that answer your question satisfactorily dim one?

:D

I never said that a lot of you wackos weren't out "protesting". I said that the reason that it seems like more than before is because of tons of forums on the Internet, and elsewhere, that didn't exist in the past: technology. I can guarantee you that there were lots more people protesting against America during the Vietnam era then there are now (those protests were daily, not once evey blue moon). :o

Have you finished with this particular dead horse sir? :D

Whatever you reckon Georgie>

I think you might be the Hypocrite as you are the man (please re read your posts on all things to do with Iraq), that puts down countries that arent with you gun ho Yankees in Iraq, you also have a go at all Muslim people. You are a typical Bush supporter and have used his same quote "if your not with us - your against us".

You kid yourselves that you live the American dream, you are clones, the majority of Americans take themselves far to serious and your thoughts and actions are THE WAY to live life.

The American Dream - highest rate of obesity, highest rate of cancer, highest rate of diabetes, highest rate of personal and International debt, highest rate of lawyers per capita, highest rate of violent crimes, highest rate of bankruptcy, highest rate of idiots on this forum.

Dont be a follower georgie, read a few stats on other websites, read other views and opinions - that is how education starts - turn off CNN!

The American dream - no thanks and Baghdad doesnt need a McDonalds!

Whoever had the post - "America are keeping the oil for the Iraqi people" - then why didnt the contact go to an Iraqi company and what benefit to the Iraqis is Halliburton - he must be one of yours Georgie!

gentle-dummy, thank you for re-printing my post about what a moron you are, and then you just start the same old stupid accusations about America again. I don't even have to answer your half-witted posts. You defeat yourself, by your childish posts and obvious lack of any education.

You bring shame to Australia by claiming to have gone to school there! :o

I live in Thailand, but if I say what my job is, it would tell too many people who I am, and I wouldn't fell comfortable expressing my views publicly because of the nature of my business. It has to do with education, but I am not an English teacher, although I have been.

So basically your a guy hiding behind your computer, spraying off on people, because they dont share the same views as yourself. You also are a person that wouldnt like people to know what your occupation is, as we might know who you are, and you wouldnt feel comfortable expressing your views publically, where as I think the rest of us would. It sounds like you are not living true to your beliefs and wouldnt be a person that one could depend on in any circumstance..

Myself, I happened to serve in quite a few crisis' in a few countries for 6 years. You wouldnt know what Ive seen or have done and I have far more experience in warfare than you could possibly imagine. I have fought with and alongside many people of many nations in Africa and South America and if I could forget what Ive seen and done, it would be bliss. All war is built on the same format - to gain!, whether its land, money, status, ideals or cruelty.

What you have in Iraq comes into the same format.. Its not fair, you can market the red white and blue as much as you want to, but at the end of the day, what would you really know!? The Hollywood movies are just that - movies.

Today I have spent time writing this and any spelling mistakes are my own, I never said I was highly educated, but one thing I am not is a coward that wouldnt express my views for fear of reprisal. I also moved to this country 6 years ago, to have a nice life, away from the crap like this. Since then I have a great quality of life and am happy in it. I wonder if we were in the same bar, would we be stooping to this crap. Initially you flamed me for not agreeing with you, even after in many previous posts I agreed to disagree as I do know what patriotism is. I would suggest to you sir, to drop all the comments and come up with something interesting to post instead of flaming people who have made valid points. Just because they are not yours, it doesnt make them wrong - you say you are in education?, well to be educated one has to listen first!

P.S you spelt feel wrong.

<have a nice life, away from the crap like this>

You must be real bored, dude, to spend all that time typing out your disertation - about how you moved to Thailand to get away from crap like this?

If you don't enjoy the reparte - &lt;deleted&gt; are you doing? :o

Boon Mee

We still don't know who you are, except that you are Australian and you call yourself "the gentleman", but most of the time, you don't act like one.

You say:,

"you wouldnt feel comfortable expressing your views publically, where as I think the rest of us would."
, however, almost everyone on this forum is using an alias, including you. I am using my real nick-name.

"I never said I was highly educated, but one thing I am not is a coward that wouldnt express my views for fear of reprisal".
No one is stopping you from posting your real name and job, so, with that attitude, it seems very strange that you haven't done it already.

"Initially you flamed me for not agreeing with you, even after in many previous posts I agreed to disagree as I do know what patriotism is"

I didn't flame you for disagreeing with me. I responded to your vicious anti-American insults. You, Butterfly and kwiz117 were all going on about how stupid Americans are, but it was hard not to notice that you didn't seem to have a grade school education between you.

When you said that you were going to stop making anti-American posts, I respected you for starting to consider other people's feelings, but I also saw how you still lashed out at other posters for perceived slights that just weren't warranted, so when you started making new, anti-American posts, I, of course responded.

I would suggest to you sir, to drop all the comments and come up with something interesting to post instead of flaming people who have made valid points. Well to be educated one has to listen first!

I have seen very few posts on this web-site, coming from the left, that made valid points, and none-what-so-ever from you. I have read most of the these wild left-wing rumors, lies and superstitions elsewhere, and have already dimissed most of it. I am an avid reader and if anyone posts anything new, I read it.

If you want to educate yourself, I would suggest that you pay more attention to Membrane's posts. He is one clever, well-informed lad, and pretty much the only real debator on this Forum.

P.S. Your spelling is getting better (thanks to spell-check), but your grammar and punctuation need some real work!

You must be real bored, dude, to spend all that time typing out your disertation - about how you moved to Thailand to get away from crap like this?

If you don't enjoy the reparte - &lt;deleted&gt; are you doing? :o

Boon Mee

Hey "dude" mind your business.

If you don't enjoy the reparte - &lt;deleted&gt; are you doing?  :o

Boon Mee

Yes Sir!

But with one addendum: I'll bet your always pissing on Americans because you were once rejected by some ball-busting American chick and 'ya never got over it!

Enjoy your week-end...

Boon Mee

If you don't enjoy the reparte - &lt;deleted&gt; are you doing?  :o

Boon Mee

Yes Sir!

But with one addendum: I'll bet your always pissing on Americans because you were once rejected by some ball-busting American chick and 'ya never got over it!

Enjoy your week-end...

Boon Mee

How much was that bet? :D

I actually do like Americans, even the arrogant ones like yourself, it doesnt mean I am going to agree with your rants and raves. - I can give as well as I get.. If you go back to a few of my posts Boon Mee, you will see I didnt post anything for a long time - not until Georgie boy flamed me, so thats the only reason. I actually smile while posting and I like the fact that Georgie boy, calls me dumb - it is very funny.. carry on I love it and Im not serious about it any of it. I state facts and have a go at you guys - thats it mate, nothing else.

P.S. Although not evident in my posts (as I am to dumb to be a word smith like you "dudes"). they are tongue in cheek mostly,

I had a great weekend!

Cheers

<I actually do like Americans, even the arrogant ones like yourself>

Not arrogant Mr. Gentleman but perhaps a bit weary of the unwarranted abuse Yanks generally receive so we sometimes adopt a more defensive posture.

It's tough being #1 in most arenas w/exception of Squash! Even your "Shielas" continue to thrash the bejesus outa me! :o

Boon Mee

Not sure where we are at on this one but here goes.

It normally takes about a year to draft up the requirements for government contracts. I say just to make it fair, we make a deposit in a canadian, french, russian and german bank account then everyone will be happy.

In terms of whether or not we should have gone into Iraq there's a moral question here that does not get addressed enough: Take 9/11 away and the US would never - despite the conspiracists' theories of pre 9/11- have gone into either Afganistan or Iraq. Both reactive military campaigns were waged humanely to minimize civilian casulaties, often at risk to US military lives. The defeated foe were a**holes & their oppressed deserved to have been freed and their nations returned from the graveyard.

Only the Looney Left is shameless enough to scream for one year that we were after the oil of Iraq, and then scream that we are breaking our treasury through foreign reconstruction.

Only the Looney Left objects to American foreign aid if it involves first taking out facists and mass murderers in the bargain.

Only the Looney Left for a year condemned Afganistan as either hopeless or immoral but now claims that, in comparison to Iraq, it was a necessary and understandable multilateral response all along.

Only the looney Left could criticize poor intelligence for prompting us to go into Iraq, and then suggest we should had acted earlier on poorer intelligence prior to 9/11.

Our efforts in Iraq to remove a genocidal muredrer and inaugurate democracy are not a "quagmire" but one the best things America has done in recent history :o

Boon Mee