The Killer Sergeant Somchai

jai_ren99

I'm new here. I'm a British visitor to Thailand.

I'm sure people here will remember this story, when the Thai Cop was given life for the 'backpacker killings'

in Kanchanaburi.

last night I was talking to a US expat who told me that the convicted murderer, Somchai Wisetsingh, was not in jail but living openly in Kanchanaburi, and was still patronizing the very restrauant that was the scene of the flare up that led to the killings.

half drunk, he maintained that :

1) he had sold the restrauant to his dad, who provided the 'bail' or whatever of one million baht to ensure his release pending appeal or something (I tried to ask him questions, but it was difficult to get straight answers out of the guy).

2) When he was hiding out with the KNLA is Burma, they only handed him over to the Thai authorities only after a 'ransom', also one million baht, was paid.

how true is all this ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Thai friend who got a sentence in Kanchanaburi. I haven't had much contact in the last year but I heard they are out of the jail most of the time and only have to go back in the jail when the 'big boss' comes along. I assume cash was paid to the right people.

Lets say it certainly wouldn't surprise me. BackpackThailand is a poster on here who I would have thought could give you plenty more info on this since he lives in the area and followed the case quite closely. Being a policeman I think its pretty naive to assume he would be doing any 'hard time' in prison.

Saying that I can't seem to find his user name here, have I got it right? :o

Edited by bkkmadness

I have a Thai friend who got a sentence in Kanchanaburi.  I haven't had much contact in the last year but I heard they are out of the jail most of the time and only have to go back in the jail when the 'big boss' comes along.  I assume cash was paid to the right people.

Lets say it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  BackpackThailand is a poster on here who I would have thought could give you plenty more info on this since he lives in the area and followed the case quite closely.  Being a policeman I think its pretty naive to assume he would be doing any 'hard time' in prison.

Saying that I can't seem to find his user name here, have I got it right? :o

I found his username... Backpack_thailand. His info was great during the time of the actual trial. Unforunately it seems lie he hasn't been online at Thaivisa for a couple of weeks. I'd like to hear fromhim again if he has any more updates for us.

I sure hope it isn't true that Somchai is out..........

Through an ex-employee of mine in the UK the "Sun" are now aware of the situation but we need POSITIVE proof before they will investigate as I have been told it will be a HUGE STORY if it is in fact true,

So if anyone has more info we CAN make a diffeence and help to put this guy back where he belongs on a permanant basis

IT IS TOTALLY UNFAIR THAT HE SHOULD BASICALLY GET AWAY WITH THIS

Through an ex-employee of mine in the UK the "Sun" are now aware of the situation but we need POSITIVE proof before they will investigate as I have been told it will be a HUGE STORY if it is in fact true,

So if anyone has more info we CAN make a diffeence and help to put this guy back where he belongs on a permanant basis

IT IS TOTALLY UNFAIR THAT HE SHOULD BASICALLY GET AWAY WITH THIS

Go to that restaurant with a camera phone and take his picture. That should be all the proof the Sun needs to move forward on their own.

I live too far away, but someone must live closer than me who wants to see justice done?

By the lad in question a few pints and get a friendly photo with your new found mate. (classic set-up) :o

And given the fact that the man commited a double murder in broad daylight not so long ago and managed to escape justice, perhaps a dangerous one.

I live too far away, but someone must live closer than me who wants to see justice done?

By the lad in question a few pints and get a friendly photo with your new found mate. (classic set-up) :o

And given the fact that the man commited a double murder in broad daylight not so long ago and managed to escape justice, perhaps a dangerous one.

We have to be mindful of that (we dont want any other fatalities do we?) but if someone can give me a POSITIVE ID that he IS indeed out then I can put pressure on the "Sun" to take it further - and they WILL DO IT

BKK - I doubt it, lads like the sgt in question are arrogant pri*ks and aren't shy about flaunting it. With that being said I'm quite positive if he didnt want his photo to be taken he would happily tell the person who just bought him a drink so.

Edited by britmaveric

Pudgie, they won't do f all without a positive identification, as as said, its too risky for someone to be seen taking snapshots of him.

I want to see this bastard behind bars permanantly, but it will take more than some drunken ramblings to convince them to come out here and find out for themselves. taking pics as BKK Madness says is way to dangerous.

Does someone know how to put a link into this thread showing his picture from the original thread. That may help somebody to positively ID the C#nt.

I can move it on from there, as long as I feel the poster is trustworthy

I am just posting to try and keep this topic as "live" as possible.

It seems that there is no real "Proof" he is out., just a guy talking in a bar (no offence)

I am sure I can get the English press's attention once I have the proof, many TV members may have not seen this topic as it is now on page 3 of "General Topics"

We all want JUSTICE, :o and I feel for the relatives, but we need that proof.

Can anybody else assist (but dont put yourself in harms way, just a simple confirmation that you have seen him (when and where) will probably be enough.

PM me for privacy if you want, I can keep it private.

TP

If that is really true that that murderer is out of prison I would write a personal mesage to the King and ask him: Why?

Alex

This is the best suggestion so far, combined with relentless pressure from the British press.

We need positive id, but please don't openly snap a picture with this rapacious murderer. I'm sure he'll be on to it. Don't endanger yourself, especially with a nasty cop that has basically walked away from a double murder.