Where Do They Fix Big Bike Tires?

dollarman

I have a completly flat tire on my big bike and hence I need a can of the flat tire fixer and/or I need to find a repair shop where they remove the tire and fix it from the inside. Does anyone know where I can find the cans and repair shops in Pattaya? Around pattaya klang would be great since I have to walk the bike there.. ;)

I have seen the Tyre weld in lotus in my area. As for Tyre repair depends on were the puncture is. But most car Tyre places can plug it.

the plug method seem not to work to well on my bike, it takes 1-2 months and it starts leaking again. It might be from the heat of the tire when one goes at high speed. That said, is there any car repair places close to Big C Extra?

I also looked at Tesco Lotus North yesterday, and I could not find the can there.

Edited by dollarman

What is a "BIG" bike? Harley, Steed etc?

I'm pretty sure any bike shop will fix it for you. They might take the wheel off and run it down to another shop they know of but saves you the hassle.

What is a "BIG" bike? Harley, Steed etc?

I'm pretty sure any bike shop will fix it for you. They might take the wheel off and run it down to another shop they know of but saves you the hassle.

Does not really matter what kind of bike, but it is a 650R, i just wanted to make it clear that my bike does not have a tube like on scooters.

I have asked at Ducatti and they could not help. Do you know of any big bike shops around Big C Extra. I know about Kawasaki, but that is a long walk with the bike.

Edited by dollarman

The best place that I found for this is the auto tire shop on the beach side of sukumvit road heading to bangkok 100 meters before the banglamung red light. It is a big shop and they sell many big motorbike tires. It is next store to a Yamaha dealer. I don't remember the name.

I never recommend the canfix as I found it hard to get it all out after and affects the balance of the tire. If you really want it i would think the Ace hardware on sukumvit across from big c will have it.

In your situation I would see how long it will hold air it and try ridding it there or go to the shop and try to get one of the staff to come to your place to take the tire off. There are many places to fill along suk. to get you there if it goes flat again.

Edited by marinediscoking

Do you want to buy a new tire or just have that one repaired? There is a big bike shop on Thephraset rd close to the Jomtien T in the road on the left hand side. Also a chopper/Big bike shop on Sukhumvit rd heading south about 1.5 kilo from pattaya klang on the left. Always has choppers out front (non-harley)

Do you have any tools you can put the bike on center stand, take the wheel off and carry it to a shop?

My best suggestion for real would be to ask one of the local motorbike taxis near you and trust me whatever you want in Thailand you get from them. They would most likely take it off, take to a shop and bring it back to you for a small charge.

I ended up walking the bike to a place they had air pump. I got the tire fixed at Shell (south pattaya road), close to the intersection with third road. I cost 100 baht, and they deal exclusively with tires, so I guess they know what they are doing.

• 1 month later...

3rd road south pattaya junction turn towards sukumvit road shell station on left about 100meters up, tyre repair shop on the left as you enter, used them for years never a problem and I have a 1100c Honda

there are many debates about plugs, lets not start one here, do your own research - google will reveal many discussions on the topic and many from experts, don't expect tyre manufacturers to give them the thumbs up as it's pretty obvious they want you to buy a new tyre smile.png

Edited by smedly

• 7 months later...

Dear Mr.Smedly and All in the forum, after several your post I've been read regarding motorbike repaired i was wondering that you know more about big bike shop/repaired in Pattaya area,

I have a big bike (Honda magna 750cc) need modification (Change new Tyre and new paint in particularly), in fact my bike has a good engine but from outside it was looking old, i also went to many bike shop but i still not find the place what i am looking for, Please guide If you know any shop (modify) in pattaya Thanks in advance wai.gif

cheers

Dear Mr.Smedly and All in the forum, after several your post I've been read regarding motorbike repaired i was wondering that you know more about big bike shop/repaired in Pattaya area,

I have a big bike (Honda magna 750cc) need modification (Change new Tyre and new paint in particularly), in fact my bike has a good engine but from outside it was looking old, i also went to many bike shop but i still not find the place what i am looking for, Please guide If you know any shop (modify) in pattaya Thanks in advance wai.gif

cheers

Is a good shop on Sukumvit opposite Lotus near Teppasit.