Firefly To Team Up With Thailand Tourism To Promote Koh Samui

Boater

KUALA LUMPUR: Firefly, a wholly-owned unit of Malaysia Airlines, is working closely with the Tourism Authority of Thailand to promote Koh Samui as an upmarket leisure destination for weddings, honeymoon, corporate team-building and incentive travel.

http://thestar.com.m...1021&sec=nation

Edited by Rooo
Edited for Fair Use.

One thing they could do is start to offer decent fares. The lowest fare I have seen is about 8,000 baht round trip. All airlines flying in and out of the Samui airport charge extortionate rates, and they all follow the lead of the local mafia airline, Bangkok Airways.

Of course. That's what make our island so "exclusive" and Bangkok Airlines a "boutique" airline. Welcome to the Mafia-land vacation! Enjoy the rip-offs and try to spot a scam before it happens. There are not many other places in the world where there is so much installed for you at at such a delightful location.

But, since there is no such thing as bad publicity these days, Phuket being the crown example, you surely gonna to visit us to find out for yourself, aren't you?

I can find return flights to KL for as cheap as 7000 baht, and 4000b of that is tax. I don't really even think it's possible for a 2 hour flight to be any cheaper than that. It's not the airlines fault that governments like to tax everything to death.

I can find return flights to KL for as cheap as 7000 baht, and 4000b of that is tax. I don't really even think it's possible for a 2 hour flight to be any cheaper than that. It's not the airlines fault that governments like to tax everything to death.

Its not just tax, its "tax and fees"..........and we know who sets the "fees" for Samui airport.

Posted Today, 12:26

RT @RichardBarrow: Bangkok Airways will begin non-stop daily air services between Koh Samui & Kuala Lumpur starting from 31st March 2012

Indeed, so it would appear that both Firefly and Bangkok AIrways have optimism on the route. Maybe Firefly are doing some extra promotion just in case they start to lose business? That would seem unlikely at the moment. Looking at the same dates for travel return to KL from Samui, the BA price is THB 9,900. The Firefly price is 6,400. Although the latter is not to the main international airport.

great just what we need another over prices out of date prepeller plane up in the sky

i am sorry but the airport is big enough for jet plaines so there is no need to put everyones safety on the line with spending money to fly on peices of metal that should be scrapped

it is unbelievable really how many prepeller planes they can fit into an international airport

Re one of your 'oh so many' previous "well informed aviation" posts....

On what basis do you come to the bizarre conclusion that "propeller" planes are unsafe and out of date?

As they are still manufactured it would be difficult to believe your statement (unless of course you have access to information which is only available to you).

Try having a little peek into the engine shroud of an Airbus you will notice a "Fan" blade which is also

a propeller.

You might also notice that the "propeller" ATR 72 makes a jet noise....That's because it is.

The turbine drives a propeller. No pistons,crankshaft and those nasty 4 stroke sounds.

it is unbelievable really how many prepeller planes they can fit into an international airport

Re one of your 'oh so many' previous "well informed aviation" posts....

On what basis do you come to the bizarre conclusion that "propeller" planes are unsafe and out of date?

As they are still manufactured it would be difficult to believe your statement (unless of course you have access to information which is only available to you).

Try having a little peek into the engine shroud of an Airbus you will notice a "Fan" blade which is also

a propeller.

You might also notice that the "propeller" ATR 72 makes a jet noise....That's because it is.

The turbine drives a propeller. No pistons,crankshaft and those nasty 4 stroke sounds.

all the planes that have had problems have been pre peller planes but my real propblem with preperller planes is that we are paying top price but the time in the sky is nearly double that of an air bus.

for an airbus to bbk from samui is 45 minutes with a crappy bumpy prepeller plane it is around 1hr 30 minutes i would not mind if they dropped the price for perpeller planes but they do not even thoug they are ltitturally waisting out time.

When u have a connecting flight or have urgent business to do in Bangkok one flying with a jet airbus or one flying with a jet pre peller they are both paying the same amlunt but one shall be waiting for the other in in suhkumwvit resturant andthe other just collecting his or her bags.

also speed is safer as it gets you out of danger quicker. If there is a problem on the run way on arival or a propblem in the air where a pane needs to make a urgent manover then speed is your freind

Edited by BigC

also speed is safer as it gets you out of danger quicker. If there is a problem on the run way on arival or a propblem in the air where a pane needs to make a urgent manover then speed is your freind

very good point

Not really.

A high speed will get you into a lot of trouble if you hit the ground.

You also use a lot more runway.

Big C , just a word of caution, whatever you call it. Do not argue with a pilot.

i might have a problem arguig with a pilot over mechanics even though i have a radio control airplane and only crashed it 13 times but fogtet that.

as a customer airbuses are more confortable, less bumpy, quicker and i am guessing more expensive.

So my arguement is why are bangkok airway using cheap planes when we are paying top prices in Thailand.

I like bumpy rides. i like the plane falling out the sky in an air pocket. i really engoy the danger of circling aiports when we are runnong out of gas.

but i am also in a hurry.

price does not exceed quality.

free snacks and internet would have to eat a mountain of it to even out prices. h yes and about 100 gallons of coffee